News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 6

Hamilton Cancellation Line

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#125Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 7:06am

Question. I have 3 extra tickets for Hamilton in April (we were supposed to be joined by some friends, who can't make it for work engagements out of town). If I bring the extra tickets back to the box office for the cancellation line, do I just lose all my money, or will they refund me? I don't mean to sell them for a profit, but I wouldn't hate to get my money back. I'm sorry if this has already been asked. 

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

herewegoabc
#126Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 7:30am

valeposh said: "Question. I have 3 extra tickets for Hamilton in April (we were supposed to be joined by some friends, who can't make it for work engagements out of town). If I bring the extra tickets back to the box office for the cancellation line, do I just lose all my money, or will they refund me? I don't mean to sell them for a profit, but I wouldn't hate to get my money back. I'm sorry if this has already been asked. 

"

valeposh, what date are your tickets? I'm looking for April tickets.

Updated On: 1/12/16 at 07:30 AM

ZGP
#127Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 9:29am

Has the crazy line died down now that the Holidays are over?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#128Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 9:34am

herewegoabc said: "valeposh said: "Question. I have 3 extra tickets for Hamilton in April (we were supposed to be joined by some friends, who can't make it for work engagements out of town). If I bring the extra tickets back to the box office for the cancellation line, do I just lose all my money, or will they refund me? I don't mean to sell them for a profit, but I wouldn't hate to get my money back. I'm sorry if this has already been asked. 

Box office will just tell you tickets are non-refundable but try selling them to folks on the cancellation line. For face value, someone will definitely buy them. When I was on the cancellation line, 2 people came to sell their tickets (one for face value, the other tried to get $100 profit).

"

"

ZGP
#129Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 9:36am

I want to get there on a week day. Do they usually give out tickets when the box office opens at 10, or right before the show starts? Like if i get there at 7am in the morning will i likely be waiting all day, or just until 10. Thank you

bfreak
#130Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 9:38am

I think it just depends on whenever the tickets get released. If they have tickets at 10, sure they will give them to you, but it is unlikely.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#131Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 10:23am

From all the stories, however, you should plan on the day.    We hear very few becoming available at the beginning of the day.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tamra2
#132Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 11:00am

cancellation line is not like rush so they do not just sell them when the BO opens. They sell them when (if) they become available. If you opt to begin waiting at 10 for an 8 pm show you could potentially be standing there all day. you could also get lucky and be able to by the tickets earlier in the day... there is just no way of knowing. I would say in my experience most usually the tickets are sold closer to show time because that is when they are most likely to be cancelled. if you decide to try it good luck!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#133Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 11:38am

Box office will just tell you tickets are non-refundable but try selling them to folks on the cancellation line. For face value, someone will definitely buy them. When I was on the cancellation line, 2 people came to sell their tickets (one for face value, the other tried to get $100 profit).

But if you try to sell to people on the cancellation line, even for face value, I thought you couldn't do that on or near theater property. Plus, the people on line would have to have enough cash to give you. For most tickets, you can resell on Ticketmaster. But with box seats, I don't think you can.

"

Updated On: 1/12/16 at 11:38 AM

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#134Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 12:02pm

valeposh said: "Question. I have 3 extra tickets for Hamilton in April (we were supposed to be joined by some friends, who can't make it for work engagements out of town). If I bring the extra tickets back to the box office for the cancellation line, do I just lose all my money, or will they refund me? I don't mean to sell them for a profit, but I wouldn't hate to get my money back. I'm sorry if this has already been asked. 

"

When I did the cancellation line, a woman walked up to the box office with 2 extra tickets. The box office would not take them back. Instead, the guy in charge of the cancellation line brought her to the front of the line, and she was able to sell them to the 2 in the front of the line. I believe they had to walk around to the Marriott to actually pay for the tickets, but it was handled very well. So you should have no problem selling your tickets. 

Also, I would strongly recommend selling your tickets to the front of the cancellation line, as more than likely those guys have been standing in line all day and deserve it. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 1/12/16 at 12:02 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#135Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 12:15pm

Good to know! Thanks a lot!

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#136Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 1:03pm

and hope to heck when you buy those tix from the people who show up with extras that they are real!

ZGP
#137Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 2:29pm

Thank you Tamra,

What time would you recommend I arrive on a Friday if I want a really good chance of getting tickets?

thank you!

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#138Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 4:25pm

herewegoabc said: "valeposh said: "Question. I have 3 extra tickets for Hamilton in April (we were supposed to be joined by some friends, who can't make it for work engagements out of town). If I bring the extra tickets back to the box office for the cancellation line, do I just lose all my money, or will they refund me? I don't mean to sell them for a profit, but I wouldn't hate to get my money back. I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

"

They are for April 2, the evening performance. 

Thanks for your replies! I'll make sure to go to the front of the cancellation line and offer them, if I can't sell them before. 

"

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Sam2
#139Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 4:25pm

How does canceling a ticket work? I have a box seat for a matinee in February, but I'm considering to join the cancellation line and wait for a better (orchestra) ticket to become available. Since they're the same price, I would off course rather have a better view for the same money. So if I would be able to get a cancellation ticket, could I cancel my own ticket at the box office or should I have to sell it directly to the people in the waiting line? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#140Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 4:36pm

^^ If you get offered a ticket, just offer yours for sale to the next person in line. Pretty easy.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#141Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 4:40pm

The box office will not re sell it for you.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#142Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 7:02pm

AFAIK, the "cancellation tickets" are really HOUSE tickets that are going unused, NOT the tickets that once belonged to regular people who can't make the show. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#143Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 8:36pm

CercleRouge said: "AFAIK, the "cancellation tickets" are really HOUSE tickets that are going unused, NOT the tickets that once belonged to regular people who can't make the show. 

"

I can see that. If there is a huge snowstorm in NYC and a ton of flights are cancelled, I bet there's a good chance a lot of those house tickets will be unused. In addition, one of the pros of getting a cancellation ticket is the celebrity sightings from your seat. This past Saturday evening, we saw Sean Hayes, Jessie Tyler Ferguson, Larry King, and the San Antonio Spurs basketball team.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#144Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/16 at 8:40pm

Sam2 said: "How does canceling a ticket work? I have a box seat for a matinee in February, but I'm considering to join the cancellation line and wait for a better (orchestra) ticket to become available. Since they're the same price, I would off course rather have a better view for the same money. So if I would be able to get a cancellation ticket, could I cancel my own ticket at the box office or should I have to sell it directly to the people in the waiting line? 

"Sell it to the next person in cancellation line. There's this one guy who's a regular scalper there (you'll know who I'm talking about once you see him go there roughly 30 mins before showtime.) He'll go ask people attending the show if anyone has extra tickets, then make an initial offer of a little below face value, then resell those tickets above face value. If no one on cancellation line wants your box office ticket, I'm almost certain that scalper will want to get that ticket from you. Be careful though! He was a bit snappy and literally grabbed the tickets immediately after he gave his cash (make sure to count the cash is correct, etc.) There as definitely something sketchy/fishy with the transaction from what we saw from the cancellation line.

PatrickDennis92
#145Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/15/16 at 1:34pm

Apologies for this, I did a very brief nose around trying to find this in this thread and others, but I couldn't. I have never personally waited in line for a theatre box office to open. I have stood in a cancelation line well after others had formed it during regular box office hours. However, I plan to hire a line sitter as suggested here to try and get friends tickets for a birthday surprise-- but, I'm assuming that my line sitter isn't a seasoned vet at waiting for Hamilton cancelation tickets (I could be wrong) but if I pay them to stand in line very very early, to assure a place at the very front of the line, is there a clearly designated waiting place where the line starts? I'm merely concerned that they might show up and if they stand in the "wrong" place, then when the second person shows up it might create tension about who is first in line. 

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#146Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/15/16 at 1:42pm

The Same Ole Line Dudes have done Hamilton before, multiple times I believe. Check them out. http://www.sameolelinedudes.com/

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#147Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/15/16 at 1:44pm

Adding to that -- I have zero experience with line sitters, but I'd suggest contacting the company/person before payment to be thorough on what you want, as you mentioned the possible confusion that could occur.

Ladybug84 Profile Photo
Ladybug84
#148Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/15/16 at 6:19pm

I didn't see a response to know if the cancellation line has died down any after the holidays. How many people are usually waiting at a given time? 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#149Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/15/16 at 7:01pm

Ladybug84 said: "I didn't see a response to know if the cancellation line has died down any after the holidays. How many people are usually waiting at a given time? 

"

It hasn't died down......yet. When I went last weekend, at least 5 people in front of me were college students. A lot of college kids haven't started university yet until after MLK weekend so most of the folks on the line are college students who are broadway/theater/Hamilton fans. 

Videos