News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hills of California Ticket Prices

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#1Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 9:13am

Hills of California is an incredible show. I saw it in June in London and it was the highlight of our West End visit. I am so wishing that we could all see it again (family of four) on Broadway but am frustrated by the ticket prices $350 for center orchestra. Are plays (we’ve spent that much for musicals) on Broadway generally this spendy? I think we spent 300 pounds total for the four of us to sit front row center in London and they weren’t rush tickets, just normal website purchase. Anyway, go see this play if you can! It’s wonderful

inception Profile Photo
inception
#2Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 9:23am

Welcome to New York.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 9:41am

Piparoo said: "Hills of California is an incredible show. I saw it in June in London and it was the highlight of our West End visit. I am so wishing that we could all see it again (family of four) on Broadway but am frustrated by the ticket prices $350 for center orchestra. Are plays (we’ve spent that much for musicals) on Broadway generally this spendy? I think we spent 300 pounds total for the four of us to sit front row center in London and they weren’t rush tickets, just normal website purchase. Anyway, go see this play if you can! It’s wonderful"

Foe the performance I am looking at Row K center orchestra is 268.00 and Row L Orch seats 1-3 are 195.00. DO you actually need to sit in the first few rows in the Orchestra center?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#4Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 10:19am

It has been up on TDF so it may pop up there again. It is also part of Broadway Week where you can get 2 for 1 or an upgraded orchestra seat 9/11-14.  Orchestra seats are also available right now thru Audience Rewards for $96 +500/1000 points; dates thru 11/2.  I am very much looking forward to it. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#5Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 10:45am

It’s been on TDF but both times the tickets flew by.  I’m waiting to hear if they will have a MTC 30 under 35 deal for this just like they do for their other shows. 

Musigamist
#6Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 12:51pm

If you're committed to the very front (although the stage is fairly high), the second row center orchestra is available for $185 including fees if you use the discount code available.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 1:03pm

Things are alwys more expensive in NY than London.  The rows you mentioned are considered cream of the crop, and will always be more expensive.  If sales can't be made, prices will drop.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#8Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 1:17pm

We all know that pricing is pretty arbitrary, right? The first few rows at most theatres, regardless of selling price, aren’t considered prime seating, and, for example, a VIP would never be seated there. Sometimes, they’re even given out as rush seats. Maybe someone else can confirm, but doesn’t Hills of California have a 2-level set, which would make the very front of the orchestra even less desirable?

Updated On: 8/25/24 at 01:17 PM

JasonC3
#9Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 2:26pm

Increasingly arbitrary and increasingly outrageous. $300+ seems to rapidly becoming the norm for so much of center orchestra of quite a few shows.

RUkiddingme
#10Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 2:28pm

unless they don't sell and the prices come down

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#11Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 3:21pm

TaffyDavenport said: "We all knowthat pricing is pretty arbitrary, right? The first few rows at most theatres, regardless of selling price, aren’t considered prime seating, and, for example, a VIP would never be seated there. Sometimes, they’re even given out as rush seats. Maybe someone else can confirm, but doesn’tHills of Californiahave a 2-level set, which would make the very front of the orchestra even less desirable?"

I don’t think it’s really a two level set. What’s above the main stage set (at least in London) were stairs leading to unseen hotel rooms. No action is played on the stairs, with the exception of someone sitting on them listening to a conversation at the end of what was act II in London. I’d have absolutely no reservations about sitting very close to the front for this production, assuming it’s staged similarly to London.

Broadway Flash
#12Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/25/24 at 6:55pm

I think your best bet is to go to the TKTS booth the day of the show

Broadway Flash
#13Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/26/24 at 6:14pm

For those who are interested, they just added more 2 for 1 tickets for the first week of previews starting Sept 11.  They sold out of the original lot, and now they have added more.  That first week looks very well sold, it looks like they will sell out. Good for them, I hear lots of good things about this, looking forward to it. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#14Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/26/24 at 6:25pm

Hey Pip, yes it's extremely similar to how it was in London. And most of the action takes place pretty center stage. Sitting close for this one makes perfect sense so don't listen to someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the show and is just guessing/judging.

The prices on Broadway were reasonable right after theaters reopened in 2021. However, for the past few seasons (and perhaps looking at how much money was lost for those sad 18 months), prices have skyrocketed and there are much fewer discounts. Like, if you look at The Outsiders tickets? Decent seats are insane and completely unaffordable to most people out there. Most shows for the Fall are similar, in the $300+ range for decent seats. I appreciate UK pricing but it's always going to be more here. Perhaps there will be a discount code but it will be for crappy seats, like most codes lately Hills of California Ticket Prices

Updated On: 8/26/24 at 06:25 PM

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#15Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/26/24 at 7:31pm

Sutton Ross said: "Hey Pip, yes it's extremely similar to how it was in London. And most of the action takes place pretty center stage. Sitting close for this one makes perfect sense so don't listen to someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the show and is just guessing/judging.

The prices on Broadway were reasonable right after theaters reopened in 2021. However, for the past few seasons (and perhaps looking at how much money was lost for those sad 18 months), prices have skyrocketed and there are much fewer discounts. Like, if you look at The Outsiders tickets? Decent seats areinsane and completely unaffordable to most people out there. Most shows for the Fall are similar, in the $300+range for decent seats. I appreciate UK pricing but it's always going to be more here.Perhaps there will be a discount code but it will be for crappy seats, like most codes lately Hills of California Ticket Prices
"

Thanks for the confirmation on the staging. Funny enough, after reading through the replies to this thread I was reminded of my audience rewards account and was able to use some points for two free tickets on a Friday night in October. Gambled on “select orchestra” seating and ended up with front row aisle seating on the left. I’m quite pleased. Being up close to see these phenomenal actors again is so exciting! Now I need to score two extra tickets for the kids, but they can sit further back! 😁

Updated On: 8/26/24 at 07:31 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#16Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/26/24 at 7:50pm

Yesssss. Have the best time, doll! 😊

ardiem
#17Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/27/24 at 4:15pm

Piparoo said: "[...] Funny enough, after reading through the replies to this thread I was reminded of my audience rewards account and was able to use some points for two free tickets on a Friday night in October. Gambled on “select orchestra” seating and ended up with front row aisle seating on the left. I’m quite pleased. Being up close to see these phenomenal actors again is so exciting! Now I need to score two extra tickets for the kids, but they can sit further back! 😁"

Thanks for the heads up! As another data point, I also wound up with a front row aisle seat via an audience rewards select orchestra redemption.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#18Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/27/24 at 5:39pm

Just received a discount code: HCMTC01 (the o is a zero). Takes orchestra to $94 and mezz to $58, on “select seats”, which probably means all the bad ones. 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#19Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/27/24 at 7:22pm

Matt Rogers said: "Just received a discount code: HCMTC01 (the o is a zero). Takes orchestra to $94 and mezz to $58, on “select seats”, which probably means all the bad ones."

Thanks! Think it’s the same as the HOCDM85 code from earlier? I’m really hoping the show is a success but need to wait and see if there are any further discounts before getting tickets for the kids…

VintageSnarker
#20Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/28/24 at 8:56pm

Is there an issue applying the 30 Under 35 promo code or are all the tickets already gone? I fully believe this could just be a telecharge problem given how many times I had to refresh the site.

chrishuyen
#21Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/28/24 at 9:08pm

VintageSnarker said: "Is there an issue applying the 30 Under 35 promo code or are all the tickets already gone? I fully believe this could just be a telecharge problem given how many times I had to refresh the site."

I think they're already gone, I went on earlier about 15 minutes after they sent the email and it was already slim pickings (didn't see any more than 5 seats or so in the last row of side orchestra)

FunathonGroff
#22Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/29/24 at 11:00pm

Looks like they added more 30 Under 35 tickets for the first two weeks. There are a lot available for 9/20 and 9/21, and some for the first few days of previews.

Ensemble1725023124
#23Hills of California Ticket Prices
Posted: 8/30/24 at 2:21pm

It seems the hills have grown steeper on Broadway! Amazing show, but those prices make it feel like an exclusive hike. Worth the climb, though, if you can manage it! 

Videos