News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 124

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3075Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 7:52am

That was worth the wait, OMG

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#3076Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 7:58am

Streep does seem absolutely perfect (and her singing is quite lovely; those final notes, heartbreaking). But why spoil the reveal? The Witch's transformation is a great moment in the show. I realize that Peters was always shown post-reveal in the ads, so it's not as if the tradition of keeping the Witch's glammed up look a secret has been breached. Still, magic is magic, and seeing Meryl (and she looks damned good) with her new look might've been gasp inducing. But that's Hollywood. Even GONE GIRL showed a helluva lot in its trailer. When it doubt, show everything.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3077Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 8:01am

Weird that there STILL was hardly any singing...

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3078Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:12am

Wow! That trailer was really good. To hear Meryl singing more of "Stay With Me" was lovely and the additional footage was great. Dion Beebe's cinematography looks breathtakingly beautiful that I hope that he's nominated for some awards.

We'll get more featurettes and December will soon be upon us.

jimmycurry01
#3079Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:33am

"Weird that there STILL was hardly any singing"

It seemed to me that there was a considerable amount of singing. It seemed at least 20 to 30 seconds of singing in less than three minute trailer. That is about 20 to 30 seconds more singing than we got in the Sweeney Todd trailer.

Mrtrobz
#3080Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:53am

Lilla Crawford's "How uneasy I feel" is delivered perfectly!

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3081Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:58am

The singing I heard was the "into the woods" theme song and then Streep. I just wonder why we haven't heard anything from Kendrick, The Princes, Baker's wife, Jack, Riding hood, the wolf...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3082Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:03am

It's a trailer, not a Tony awards performance montage.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 11/6/14 at 10:03 AM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3083Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:05am

I liked your first version better, Kad. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

BwayFan23768
#3084Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:08am

Di anyone else noticed that the title is no longer Disney's Into the Woods? It's just Into the Woods, also, no Disney logo at the beginning of the trailer.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3085Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:12am

Pretty sure I saw the Disney logo as clear as day.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3086Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:14am

I am surprised,but thrilled that they have been using Stay With Me as the main trailer song.The theme is great for the movie.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#3087Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:16am

I saw Disney logos & their name too.

I thought this trailer was really good. It is definitely the most exciting one for any movie this year, in my opinion.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3088Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:34am

That is an excellent trailer that made me shed a tear.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3089Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:35am

I can't tell if you're being charming or sincere.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#3090Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:43am

My brother dined with me yesterday, but he didn’t eat a thing 'cause he was thinking 'bout you. He kept sighing ‘bout you.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3091Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:51am

How she blushes, how she blushes, my pretty!

henriquefho
#3092Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:51am

Actually, we've heard Anna Kendrick, James Corden and Emily Blunt singing in the featurette.

beautywickedlover
#3093Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:52am

The new trailer looks absolutely epic! I cannot wait for this move to be released!

themysteriousgrowl
#3094Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:53am

It's such a shame to marry squirrels in the country.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#3095Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:56am

Am I alone in thinking Kendrick looks bored or uncomfortable in every trailer and picture?

I was happy with her casting, loved her in "Up in the Air" etc., but so far she has left me cold.

The rest seem fantastic and the film looks gorgeous! I'm very excited. I think there's no need to drop too much music yet, and I think "Stay With Me" is the perfect theme.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

themysteriousgrowl
#3096Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 10:59am

That's what she looks like to me all the time, in every movie and picture, all the time, even "Up in the Air." She's like a moderately more nuanced version of Kristen Stewart.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#3097Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:01am

LOL!

I've seen her animated on talk shows, and she was hilariously animated as a kid in "High Society". I feel like most of her screen work lends itself to that, but not Cindy.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#3098Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:02am

It looks like a real Into the Woods and it sounds like a real Into the Woods. If they used smell-o-vision it would probably smell like a real Into the Woods.

There are so many distinct moments in the trailer that capture what I see as the "essence" of the show. it appears - knock on wood - that they may have nailed it.

And if they have, there will at last be a movie version of a Sondheim show that the general public will be able to embrace.

matttaylorr021 Profile Photo
matttaylorr021
#3099Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:06am

I think the trailer is structured perfectly. I like how the first half is happy/fairy tale-like and the second half is much darker. Like the movie.

I think everyone looks perfect and the cinematography is amazing!

The shot of Rapunzel riding a horse and running away from the witch though... I really hope that isn't the last show we see of her. Granted, I know she isn't going to be crushed. But still... Something else.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos