Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher — Page 3

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#51

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

I really like Nicholas Christopher, but as some of you have expressed I'm not sure if he's going to move tickets in the way that Groff, Jordan or Morrison have.


...i am an infinite soul in a human body who is in the process of never ending growth...
#52

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Race is not a significant theme of Just In Time, so the race of the actor playing Bobby Darin doesn't matter.

Correct. People who have an issue with this are the same people who had an issue with Bad Bunny performing at the Superbowl or who blamed the Democrats for the government shutdown. We all know what that means.....fuq em.





Race is a theme when it is a semi autobiographical musical about a real person . Would you feel the same way if it were a musical about Della Reese staring Lea Michele ? Nicholas is an amazing talent and should be applauded but I, just as many seem to , feel he is miscast as Bobby Darin . I think bringing up Bad Bunny and the government shutdown is bit of a stretch to drag racism into it. Not every opinion is political or racist.

Updated On: 10/7/26 at 04:43 PM

#53

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

1. Learn how to quote better or figure out how the quote message button works.

2. Her name is Lea Michele.

3. Nope.


wck.org
#54

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Sutton Ross said: "1. Learn how to quote better or figure out how the quote message button works.

2. Her name is Lea Michele.

3. Nope.
"

Dear Sutton Ross........thanks for corrections

#55

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Dearest Bryan,

You're very welcome.

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant,

S dot Ross


wck.org
#56

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Blue_Lotus said: "I really like Nicholas Christopher, but as some of you have expressed I'm not sure if he's going to move tickets in the way that Groff, Jordan or Morrison have."

That's where I am with this, also. Both Jeremy Jordan and even in his short stints - Matthew Morrison were well known for tv roles as well as Broadway - which sells more tickets. Both neither one of these actors came close to being the ticket selling juggernaut that Jonathan Groff was (and that's why this musical recouped its investment).

Someone had mentioned Aaron Tveit for this role - but again - other than a quick stint on the tv version of Schmigadoon -he - like Christopher - does not have that ticket selling mojo that is needed for this role. All you have to do is look at the box office numbers for Chess when Lea was out - they dipped dramatically - even if all the other leads were in.

I think he's a fantastic performer - but I hope this is just a stop gap until maybe (hopefully) Groff comes back to finish out and close the show early next year.

#57

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Thanks, Broadway World for never disappointing. This thread has devolved to everything I knew it would when I saw the subject line.

#58

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

I'd kill to hear Nicholas sing those standards. It will be glorious. Word of mouth should be good.

Nick Jonas? OMG. Please. He couldn't sing this show even 4 times a week. That voice is not made for live singing 8 shows a week. He can stick to his lip-synching, backing track pop shows.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
#60

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Christopher will be a good test of how well the show can sell based on its subject matter, reviews, and reputation while in the hands of a talented performer less well known than his predecessors. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but I certainly can envision Christopher giving a strong performance.

#61

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Well this went bat SH*T crazy into territories I thought this board couldn’t get into.
How wrong I was.
Some just need to go roll in the grass and let the world breath around them.
For F*CK sake.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59