News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025

Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 7/10/24 at 9:05am

The greatest of all time is coming to Chicago.
#ALIMusical arrives April 2025.

April 22 - May 18 2025
James M. Nederlander Theatre, Chicago

Broadway In Chicago

CLINT DYER Direction/Book/Lyrics

TEDDY ABRAMS Composer

RICH + TONE Choreography/Fight Choreography

Q-TIP Music Producer/Lyrics

Updated On: 7/10/24 at 09:05 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 7/10/24 at 9:33am

Never heard of any of these people besides Q-Tip but exciting! 

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#3Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 7/10/24 at 9:48am

Always exciting to get these premieres here in Chicago, even if the quality and stage of development are all over the place. 

Looking at their bios, the composer and book writer doesn’t seem to have composed or written any musicals before, so I’m curious. 

Updated On: 7/10/24 at 09:48 AM

chrishuyen
#4Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 7/10/24 at 11:43am

Rich and Tone worked a lot with Michael Jackson choreography (and got a co-credit on MJ), so that's exciting!

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#5Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 8/13/24 at 2:02am

First Listen (at Broadway in Chicago Summer Concert): https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-mO7uxuHbs/?igsh=azExZnRmdnk3bTAx

brdwybound04
#6Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 8/13/24 at 2:38am

I have a lot of trouble believing this will find a sustainable paying audience on Broadway… not sure who this show will be geared towards… but this show is giving me “Rocky” -The Musical vibes all over again…

Zeppie2022
#7Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 8/13/24 at 6:59pm

"I have a lot of trouble believing this will find a sustainable paying audience on Broadway… not sure who this show will be geared towards… but this show is giving me “Rocky” -The Musical vibes all over again…"

I agree. I believe a story about Mohammed Ali would be much better play than a musical. Don't try to cover his entire career, just focus on a certain period in his life like when he dodged the draft.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#8Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 8/14/24 at 4:11pm

He didn't "dodge" the draft. That implies he faked a bad ankle or something. He did conscientiously object, which is not the same thing. Agree that would be an interesting period to cover, though. Some loved him for it, some hated him.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Zeppie2022
#9Muhammad ALI musical to premiere in Chicago spring 2025
Posted: 8/14/24 at 5:11pm

"He didn't "dodge" the draft. That implies he faked a bad ankle or something. He did conscientiously object, which is not the same thing. Agree that would be an interesting period to cover, though. Some loved him for it, some hated him."

Yes, he conscientiously objected to serving in the military. A lot of people referred to anybody refusing to serve in the military after being drafted as "dodging" the draft at that time. You are correct to point out the difference, no problem.

Videos