News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 13

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#300NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/22/21 at 4:19pm

I cannot wait for this show. The casting is incredible and so many kids seeing this will see themselves on screen which is a beautiful thing. Diversity is crucial in our world today. 

God I miss Benetton ads.

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#301NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/22/21 at 4:31pm

degrassifan said: "Dude, are you serious? You really have an issue that these fictional characters are not all white? The orphans in the 1999 version were multiracial and Grace was a Black woman. Did you have a problem with those too? Geez. Black people were around in 1933. I'm disappointed you would comment like this."

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#302NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/22/21 at 6:42pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "This already looks like a hot mess. NBC trying way too hard for diverse casting, it’s embarrassing. Had it been genuine, it would have been magical. But it looks like they’re checking off things from a memo sent by the highers-up. Even their first 2 promo photos are POC so it’s so calculated they don’t want to get bloods boiling. The transparency is so off-putting. "

You're so ****ing weird.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

iluvtheatertrash
#303NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/22/21 at 6:48pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’m sure the line-up of orphans will look like a Benetton ad. When you’re trying too hard… it looks ugly not organic. "

My God, you aren’t even trying to hide that racism coursing through you.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#304NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/22/21 at 6:56pm

That Taraji photo is puzzling. One would think she’d be asked to be in character for the photo (grimacing, looking frazzled, etc.) As is, it looks like a Christmas card photo.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BrodyFosse123
#305NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 8:29am

AND… we’re done!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#306NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 4:41pm

On a different subject, who is in the ensemble? Ben Davis will be understudying Warbucks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVaq3jSLBdC/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#307NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 4:45pm

Celina Smith looks absolutely adorable.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BCfitasafiddle
#308NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 5:27pm

Jeff Kready will be Bert Healy! As well as Cabinet Member, and Warbucks' Pool Boy!

Yay for Broadway talent.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#309NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 5:43pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Jeff Kready will be Bert Healy! As well as Cabinet Member, and Warbucks' Pool Boy!

Yay for Broadway talent.
"

Bet your bottom dollar these boards will nerd out when the full ensemble eventually gets announced. I’m expecting full-on Broadway talent. 

Oh look, a bibu!

LizzieCurry
#310NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 5:46pm

His instagram post is cute!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVa2iDeLW6o/?utm_medium=twitter

Sutton Ross
#311NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 6:18pm

Yay for Broadway talent."

Bet your bottom dollar these boards will nerd out when the full ensemble eventually gets announced. I’m expecting full-on Broadway talent.
"

Im so excited for December. Jesus Christ this cast!!!!! 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#312NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/24/21 at 11:29pm

LizzieCurry said: "On a different subject, who is in the ensemble? Ben Davis will be understudying Warbucks!

"

UNDERSTUDIES!? Someone learned the lesson that Rent suffered for...

LizzieCurry
#313NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 1:18am

Exactly what I thought!

VintageSnarker
#314NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 1:45am

Not seeing the vision yet. Curious what we'll get from Lear deBessonet and the guy she's paired with who has done the other TV live musicals.

BrodyFosse123
#315NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 8:07am

TheatreFan4 said: "LizzieCurry said: "On a different subject, who is in the ensemble? Ben Davis will be understudying Warbucks!

"

UNDERSTUDIES!? Someone learned the lesson that Rent suffered for...
"

Hopefully he’s getting paid a bonus for a possibility that ain’t ever gonna happen.  They film at least 2-3 full show test runs including the final dress rehearsal so in the event anyone of the leads can’t perform on the live show, one of these is used.  RENT Live! did this.  If anything, they all now know to perform full out on each of these filmed test runs just in case.  The RENT Live! cast all admitted that they were basically marking their performance on the dress rehearsal footage that was used for the live broadcast the world saw.  Oh, how they wished someone told them to perform full out at 200%.  

adotburr
#316NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 8:46am

Looks like Afra Hines from Hadestown is joining this. She posted a talent badge on her IG stories yesterday.

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

teddy1996
#317NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 10:59am

BrodyFosse123 said: "This already looks like a hot mess. NBC trying way too hard for diverse casting, it’s embarrassing. Had it been genuine, it would have been magical. But it looks like they’re checking off things from a memo sent by the highers-up. Even their first 2 promo photos are POC so it’s so calculated they don’t want to get bloods boiling. The transparency is so off-putting. "

you are clearly a racist

BrodyFosse123
Sutton Ross
#319NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 1:22pm

I can see the Capitol rioters er I mean a certain type of white person who will write in to NBC "I SAT DOWN WITH MY FAMILY WANTING TO SEE A DELIGHTFUL MUSICAL ABOUT A PRETTY RED HEADED GIRL AND I SAW........THAT. YOU RUINED AN ICONIC EXPERIENCE FOR MY ENTIRE FAMILY! MY KIDS ARE CRUSHED! WHAAAAAAAAH!"

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#320NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 1:57pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "This already looks like a hot mess. NBC trying way too hard for diverse casting, it’s embarrassing. Had it been genuine, it would have been magical. But it looks like they’re checking off things from a memo sent by the highers-up. Even their first 2 promo photos are POC so it’s so calculated they don’t want to get bloods boiling. The transparency is so off-putting."

Damn that multicultural Cinderella must've scarred you real deep. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Sutton Ross
#321NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 1:59pm

HAHAHAAAAAAA

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#322NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 2:08pm

Any idea if this will be filmed at a theater or is it done on a soundstage type thing? 

pmensky
#323NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 2:16pm

RippedMan said: "Any idea if this will be filmed at a theater or is it done on a soundstage type thing?"

The past ones that have been filmed on the east coast have been done in a studio on Bethpage, Long Island.

BrodyFosse123
#324NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 10/25/21 at 2:18pm

RippedMan said: "Any idea if this will be filmed at a theater or is it done on a soundstage type thing?"

None of these NBC Live Musical Events were done in a theater.  As mentioned above, they all have been done on a soundstage.  The west coast productions used studio lots so they were able to use both interior sets and exterior sets.  

Videos