News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 19

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

pmensky
#450NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/29/21 at 3:54pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Sondheim would never want live performances and musicals to stop just to spend more time missing him. I'll probably watch everything with a fresher eyes these next few weeks because I'll appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship. Regardless of whether or not he's part of the production."

Sondheim was never automatically supportive of something just because it was under he umbrella of performing arts or musical theatre. Remember how he reacted to “The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess,” or Lady Gaga’s performance at the 2015 Academy Awards? I think if someone approached him in the hereafter and said, “Did you hear they cancelled Annie Live, because you died?” he’d probably throw his head back and laugh in delight.

BCfitasafiddle
#451NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/29/21 at 3:58pm

pmensky said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Sondheim would never want live performances and musicals to stop just to spend more time missing him. I'll probably watch everything with a fresher eyes these next few weeks because I'll appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship. Regardless of whether or not he's part of the production."

Sondheim was never automatically supportive of something just because it was under he umbrella of performing arts or musical theatre. Remember how he reacted to “The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess,” or Lady Gaga’s performance at the 2015 Academy Awards? I think if someone approached him in the hereafter and said, “Did you hear they cancelled Annie Live, because you died?” he’d probably throw his head back and laugh in delight.
"

Definitely.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#452NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 12:23pm

I find it ridiculous that they haven’t notified people about tickets yet. The parade performance muted my enthusiasm, so it’s probably best if I don’t go, but it’s just rude. Give people notice.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#453NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 12:45pm

DramaTeach said: "I find it ridiculous that they haven’t notified people about tickets yet. The parade performance muted my enthusiasm, so it’s probably best if I don’t go, but it’s just rude. Give people notice."

I checked the site this morning and my request stated SOLD OUT then I refreshed and it went back to TICKETS REQUESTED and has continued to state TICKETS REQUESTED since, even after hitting refresh a few times. No email was ever sent regarding anything. 

BCfitasafiddle
#454NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 1:28pm

My portal still says tickets requested... Guess I'll keep checking my email.

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#455NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 4:06pm

rg7759 said: "Regarding broadway news this week, it just feels dirty and trashy to watch this now."

Lolz

BCfitasafiddle
#456NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 4:34pm

Anyone get a ticket email yet?

BrodyFosse123
#457NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 5:14pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Anyone get a ticket email yet?"

Nope. Mine stills says TICKETS REQUESTED.  Even after several refreshes.  No email anywhere - no junk, spam folder, etc.  

BCfitasafiddle
#458NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 11/30/21 at 8:35pm

Can't believe we're still waiting for a yes or no.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#459NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 1:07am

Most 
Most everything looks fantastic so far... but the city background in the set design looks exactly like Tootsie

Oh look, a bibu!

jimmycurry01
#460NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 7:12am

rg7759 said: "Regarding broadway news this week, it just feels dirty and trashy to watch this now."

Why stop at just this? Maybe we should just cancel all Broadway shows. 🙄

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#461NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 8:39am

Jordan Levinson said: "

Most everything looks fantastic so far... but the city background in the set design looks exactly likeTootsie."
.I actually think the set looks terrible. The entire background and mansion looks like they were rented and could be used for any number of other musicals. I was hoping for something super custom and creative like we got for Grease live or Hairspray live. 

"

BrodyFosse123
#462NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 9:12am

GREASE Live! and HAIRSPRAY Live! were both done out in Los Angeles and on a major studio lot using various soundstages so it was logistically possible to have those lavish productions.  ANNIE Live! is being done in a soundstage in Long Island, NY.  Same soundstage as the earlier NBC Live! Musical Events: THE SOUND OF MUSIC Live!, THE WIZ Live!, etc.  The only new addition is the added audience, which will be quite small I heard.

Also, I think what we see in the TV commercial are minimal mock-up sets for the commercial spot.  I truly don’t think what we see is the actual set design, backdrops, etc. that will be used for the broadcast.  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#463NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 9:55am

I received confirmation of tickets yesterday afternoon, but, honestly, the logistics of getting out to the studio in Long Island and back today just weren’t tenable for me with such short notice. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#464NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 10:13am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Also, I think what we see in the TV commercial are minimal mock-up sets for the commercial spot. I truly don’t think what we see is the actual set design, backdrops, etc. that will be used for the broadcast."

That's what I'm hoping since the first commercial showing the set was over a week ago - meaning it was probably filmed 2 weeks ago, and I would be very surprised if the set was done that far in advance. 

degrassifan
#465NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 10:47am

Not sure if it's been posted here, but I read that "We Got Annie" was added as a tribute to Ann Reinking. 

Theatre Fan3
#466NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 10:48am

Jordan Levinson said: "

Most
Most everything looks fantastic so far... but the city background in the set design looks exactly likeTootsie.

"

Apparently this spot was filmed before they had any footage of Megan Hilty in character.  I'm looking forward to her take on the role.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#467NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 10:58am

Did they cut the character of Eleanor Roosevelt now that McArdle will not be part of the telecast? If not, who will replace her? 

Oh look, a bibu!

BrodyFosse123
#468NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 11:04am

Kad said: "I received confirmation of tickets yesterday afternoon, but, honestly, the logistics of getting out to the studio in Long Island and back today just weren’t tenable for me with such short notice."

Unless you’re driving or being driven, it’s an out-of-the-way location.  Even getting there by subway then a long-ass walk to the soundstages.  I was confirmed for the Thursday live broadcast then seeing the logistics of getting back to Manhattan that late I just passed.  

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#469NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 12:36pm

I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#470NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 1:43pm

Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

I think that every time they do one of these live musicals.

BCfitasafiddle
#471NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 1:45pm

Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

On a school night too.

pmensky
#472NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 1:59pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

On a school night too.
"

Ending at 10 would still be late for most kids. They can’t start at 6 and preempt the news, and it’s probably more profitable to sell commercial time between 10 and 11 rather than 7 and 8.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#473NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 2:00pm

NOWaWarning said: "Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

I think that every time they do one of these live musicals.
"

Yes, but this is particularly a kid's show.  Unlike the others (with the exception of maybe Peter Pan).  Seems like a 7PM start would have made more sense.

I mean, let's be real though, judging by past attempts, most people will have changed the channel by 8:30PM anyway...

smallvillefan16
#474NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 4:19pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

On a school night too.
"

Then DVR it or record it.  No one says you HAVE to watch it live.  People complain about the most ridiculous and bombastic things on this forum.  If you want your kid to watch it, you'll find a way.  It's also on peacock the day after so you and your little ones can watch WHENEVER they want.  Must be the same people that complain Annie's red dress wasn't "Annie" enough. :: eye roll ::

Videos