News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 122

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

SporkGoddess
#3025Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:06pm

Edit: N/m, this is confusing.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 5/26/13 at 11:06 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3026Shaiman's article

SOOOOOO stupid. Just like that the POLICE put him jail. Could ANYTHING make sense in Smashland?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fire and Music
#3027Shaiman's article

Oh, and I laughed so hard at Susan Blackwell being the mistress. I was waiting for some face licking to commence.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3028Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:07pm

So long, SMASH.

We'll miss you, but on the bright side, no more McPhee wandering into a perfectly fine (well, functional) scene and murmuring "What's going on?"

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

broadwayfever
#3029Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:08pm

I hope Megan returns to Broadway soon

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#3030Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:09pm

Derek won best director....I loved Marc's letter and thank him and Scott for some wonderful songs. Unfortunately, the other contributing creative team couldn't get it together. This could have been a great series but ended up a mess.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#3031NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:10pm

So... how much fun was it to be:

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion
Who do you think he called first when he booked this gig?
Updated On: 5/26/13 at 11:10 PM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#3032Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:10pm

Why did they even bother introducing all these plot points about Jimmy's past in the last five minutes. He should have just kissed Karen and have that be the end of it.

Could they not afford to get the other nominees to show up for the ceremony?

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

SporkGoddess
#3033Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:12pm

I guess they had to give a rationale for the fake name (running from drug dealers wasn't good enough, I suppose?)

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#3034Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:13pm

I suppose, but honestly I had completely forgotten about that conversation about the fake name and social security number. It's not like they've tied up every detail in the past before!

Also if you're concerned and crafty enough to get yourself a fake social security number, why they hell are you writing and STARRING in a Broadway show!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!
Updated On: 5/26/13 at 11:13 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3035Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:13pm

Will Chase looks haggard, especially when in a scene with Messing, who looks flawless.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3036Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:14pm

Derek won for choreography for Hit List.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SporkGoddess
#3037Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:15pm

Yeah, I'm sure the police were like "Wow, that Broadway composer sure looks like that guy we're looking for. But his name's different, so it can't be him!"

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#3038Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:15pm

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was on opposite this so I only caught a bit.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang made more sense.

"and thst's showbiz....kid!"

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#3039Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:16pm

Reading Marc's letter provided some fascinating background.

Truthfully, it makes me miss this show even more. Despite the imperfections, I loved it. I was entertained by it, and I loved the celebration of theatre.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#3040Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:17pm

On iTunes, they have two albums; one for each season with EVERY SINGLE SONG.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3041Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:19pm

I'm still holding out hope we get "Bombshell" on Broadway.

broadwayfever
#3042Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:19pm

Yeah, they never announced the Best Direction of a Musical

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3043Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:20pm

w/Megan Hilty as Marilyn.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3044Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:21pm

Side note: a friend of a friend who worked on Smash said Megan and Katherine were allowed to take one costume of their choice as memento. Any guesses what they took?

Katherine took her "Lexington and 52nd Street" and Megan reportedly took her "Let's Be Bad" ensemble.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#3045Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:21pm

Bombshell will only make it to Broadway because Smash died.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3046Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:31pm

Seriously? They didn't show who won the Isabelle Stevenson Award??? What the F*CK is that?!?!

beautywickedlover
#3047Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:39pm

The internet in our house is down so I am typing from my cellphone. I think the series ended fine. I guess everything Ivy and 'Bombshell' went through they deserved their wins. Though what Ivy said about Kyle was very tacky and unkind. Best of luck to the cast of the show.

Updated On: 5/27/13 at 11:39 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3048Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:41pm

I hate that I cried when dead Kyle won. But then I remembered that I cry at Tampon commercials and felt a little better.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#3049Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 11:58pm

well dang Jordan, who DOESN'T cry @ tampon commercials?

Videos