News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 26

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#625NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:43am

I trust you.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#626NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:45am

Wait, that's a musical they're doing?

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#627NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:47am

Tom had a "cast recording"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#628NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:49am

Yeah. Liaisons - a Tres Dangereus Musicale.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#629NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:51am

Madeline Kahn was in it.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#630NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:52am

Yes she got TONY

AEA AGMA SM
#631NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

I'm curious in what world Madeleine Khan ever would have been playing Cecille in any adaptation of Dangerous Liaisons (unless I heard Christian Borle wrong when he handed over the rare cast recording the other week). No wonder it was a forgotten flop.

Jordan Catalano
#632NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

I missed that one! So yeah, they're gonna fight it out onstage like it was DYNASTY.

Hey! There's a good idea for a musical if SMASH gets a Season 3!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#633NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:53am

IT WILL GET ANOTHER SMASH SEASON

Jordan Catalano
#634NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 1:00am

The MUSICAL!

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

Updated On: 3/6/13 at 01:00 AM

trixigold
#635NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 2:05am

They should get Mickey Rooney to make a cameo. Because the show makes Broadway seem so Andy Hardy-like. I've read he's not in good shape, but it would seem like a fitting honor even if they can just film him sitting in a chair and smiling.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#636NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 3:46am

So now Nikki Blonsky is gonna be on this show? How many more nobodies can we squeeze onto this s@#t wagon of a show? Stop adding people! Jesus Christ!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#637NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 8:55am

Just finished watching! Probably the best episode so far... and it wasn't overshadowed by JHud's presence/storyline. Anyway, I am really anxious to hear Eileen's decision even though I have a pretty good idea what it will be. Next week's episode looks great, too! Updated On: 3/6/13 at 08:55 AM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#638NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:08am

This was the best episode of the season by far. For all the fanfare NBC made about Hudson, it wasn't until her exit that we were finally able to see development of our three musicals.

It was great to see the always wonderful Veanne Cox. I hope she gets to sing a line here and there. It was a misstep not to let us hear Hilty sing a song in Liaisons.

As much as I'm bored with the pop covers McPhee sounds so much better and convincing when performing these numbers. Hilty would have knocked Public Relations out of the park. McPhee was at ease singing to Jeremy in his loft, but the song did nothing for me. At least their plot was more believable this week. Wesley and Savannah telling them that the book stunk was great!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

jacobsnchz14
#639NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:14am

So if BOMBSHELL is playing at the Belasco, I wonder if "The Lily Hayes Theatre" was a placeholder... for no one that know what I'm talking about, the Bombshell poster from filming says the latter rather than the Belasco. I believe we will see a LIAISONS number soon; I think I remember a musical number clip during a season promo or something. Wonder what will happen to Ivy if she has to choose between BOMBSHELL *if* Karen leaves and LIAISONS (which someone in the same promo calls "the surprise comedy hit of the season").

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#640NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:17am

i agree with you guys, JHUD was nothing but a distraction and a dumb stunt for a show that needed to get a good start. and for all that publicity, and all the ads that show her as big a presence as Kat and Megan, it did nothing but drag the ratings and the story down. well it did do one thing, she made Kats acting almost Chastainlike in comparison.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

WhizzerMarvin
#641NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:23am

jacob, We definitely will be hearing Hilty sing from Liaisons- I just felt we needed it last night instead of later in the series. The last song she sang was the Robyn cover, and that was in episode 3. Episode 4 only saw McPhee and Hilty singing backup for Hudson, and last night Hilty was ignored again.

As others mentioned Hilty is playing a Tony-winning role in Liaisons. She must have at least one or two knock out numbers. How awesome would it have been to hear her sing something to Hayes though to pump him up? What if she had burst into "Believe In Yourself" from The Wiz (especially since we've heard so much about The Wiz this season), and that's what finally got through to Hayes' character?

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

jacobsnchz14
#642NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:26am

That would've been awesome. And now the entire WIZ situation has probably been dropped. I agree, I want to hear Hilty sing some more. And *if* she plays Marilyn, I'm sure we'll be hearing more from her.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#643NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:26am

I really wish Hilty performed "Public Relations". With Borle the star of the number, it would have been fantastic to see a Marilyn that would have been able to keep up with him.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#644NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:27am

she made Kats acting almost Chastainlike in comparison

Wrong

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#645NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:28am

There was a reference last night, (not referring to an actual play) of a story in which the characters were on a train traveling through purgatory. However, I recall seeing a play several years ago where the characters boarded either a train or a bus (I think one of the central characters was a conductor of sorts) in route to their final destination, wherever it might be. Of course, it took some time in the play for everyone to realize that everyone on stage was dead. I tried to Google this to try to find the name of the play, but failed. Does anyone remember it? (Yes, this is a question about a straight play in a thread about a TV show based on the development of a musical, so I don't know how optimistic to be, but BWW has come through before.)

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

WhizzerMarvin
#646NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:32am

RaisedOnMusicals, Not a straight play, but that is the plot of Happiness. Hunter Foster was the subway conductor, and it took the characters a while to realize/accept the fact that they were dead.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#647NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:50am

Nothing beats the Wiz. Thanks. Did you pick up that line last night and think of Happiness? And yep, it was a musical produced by LCT at the Mitzi Newhouse, directed by Susan Stroman, also featuring Miguel Cervantes and Joanna Gleason.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

FindingNamo
#648NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 9:55am

"How awesome would it have been to hear her sing something to Hayes though to pump him up? What if she had burst into "Believe In Yourself" from The Wiz (especially since we've heard so much about The Wiz this season), and that's what finally got through to Hayes' character?"

I love that song, I love Hilty, but picturing her singing it to Just Jack makes me queasy.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#649NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 10:01am

Agreed.

Videos