News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 80

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1975SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:02pm

Davi does have a multi-episode appearance, so it would make sense if she takes over the role of The Diva.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1976SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:02pm

yankeefan, Yes I know someone who took part in the production.

I thought The Hotel Carter thing was pretty funny too. It was an inside joke that didn't detract from anyone who didn't know the reputation of The Hotel Carter.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

AEA AGMA SM
#1977SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:09pm

Though of course now I wonder if there will be any tourists who are in for a shock after booking a room there without really researching it just because they saw it on the show.

WhizzerMarvin
#1978SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:14pm

If I wasn't so afraid of picking up some bedbugs there, I think The Transport Group should use The Hotel Carter to put on an environmentally staged revival of The Life. It would be a lot of fun.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#1979SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:39pm

Didn't they find a dead body there not too long ago?

FindingNamo
#1980SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:41pm

"booking a room there without really researching it just because they saw it on the show...."

Do we really think that's likely to happen? Will even one of the dozens of viewers do that?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin
#1981SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:43pm

A dead body was found there in 2007. Here's a funny article about the hotel from 2009:

For the third time in four years, New York’s Hotel Carter has been awarded the title of Dirtiest Hotel in America by TripAdvisor (the other year it was number two).
Roaches, bedbugs, filthy sheets and, oh yes, a dead body wrapped in garbage bags, are just some of the gems in this Times Square hotel’s crown.

http://www.petergreenberg.com/2009/02/03/new-york%E2%80%99s-hotel-carter-tops-dirty-hotels-list-again/

FindingNamo
#1982SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:52pm

Reports always mention "a dead body wrapped in garbage bags," which makes me sad because it was Mistress Kris, who was in a late iteration of the seminal punk band The Nuns.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1983SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:31am

It is a disgrace. I stayed an hour too long in that place. It was written up as the dirtiest hotel in Manhattan. Every time I think about an opening night party there I start giggling. I can't stop it is terribly funny. SMASH

FindingNamo
#1984SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:45am

Don't think about it in public, if you're sitting by yourself people might get the notion you're a crazy lady.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1985SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 1:03am

Gah! I just found out (and maybe I'm late to the party) that Joe Iconis' song, The Goodbye Song was recorded by the cast and released on itunes & YouTube. I think it is one of Iconis' most poignant song and has been around for a good number of years. I can only assume it's part of an upcoming episode - and now I can't walk away.

John Gallagher use to sing this song at many of Joe's Rock and Roll Jamborees. (There were others, but Gallagher's rendition was AMAZING, IMHO.)

This is a little softer, but done really well. (Or maybe I love the song much, I'm unable to be fully objective.)

(Oh, and I'll feel incredibly stupid if this song has aired already, and I totally missed it.)

Take a listen.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/24/13 at 01:03 AM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Ham3
#1987SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 9:15am

So how is Hit List going to fund a transfer to Bway? Eileen's husband gonna produce it to get revenge?

Maybe Ivy and Karen tie for the Tony and both get it. It's been done before in the real world. Gwen Verdon and Thelma Ritter, 1958; Anna Maria Alberghetti and Diahann Carroll, 1962; Patricia Routledge and Leslie Uggams, 1969.
Updated On: 4/24/13 at 09:15 AM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1988SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 9:25am

Derek may put in some of his own money and he probably has a list of supporters in his back pocket.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1989SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 10:58am

According to the NBC Network, the Season 2 finale of SMASH will air on a special night and time. The two-hour episode is scheduled for Sunday, May 26 from 9:00-11:00PM ET. The scheduling marks yet another programming change for the struggling musical drama which was recently moved from its original Tuesday night time slot to Saturdays at 8:00 pm.

WTF is NBC doing with this show?!?! At this point it seems like a total joke with all the schedule changes.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

FindingNamo
#1990SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:00am

I'm sure that Sunday is the first non-sweeps night in the month of May.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1991SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:02am

Notice how it doesn't say series finale, only season finale? It is almost certainly guaranteed to maybe be a lock for a definite season 3!

WhizzerMarvin
#1992SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:29am

If the final episode is 2 hours does that mean we'll have one Saturday in May with no Smash?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1993SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:29am

Amusingly, I'm starting to become a believer. For real, yo.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1994SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:45am

I guess there's still a glimmer of hope for a third season. I mean, NBC really doesn't have much going for them except for The Voice. Maybe if they can reduce the $$$ of each episode and actually put Smash in a decent time slot, it could have better ratings. However, anyone else notice that's Memorial Day weekend. Most people go away that weekend, so we'll see what the ratings are.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

FindingNamo
#1995SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:46am

Perhaps season three will focus on the Gatsby play, with no music. Ivy vs. Karen for Daisy and Leo as Jay.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1996SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:53am

so Ready For Love just got cancelled. NBC is moving Grimm into the 10pm slot on Tuesdays, so maybe NBC can put Smash into the 9pm after The Voice??

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1997SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 11:53am

But what about J-Hud?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1998SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:03pm

I think The Voice is two hours. Maybe they'll cut an hour to fit Smash in.

FindingNamo
#1999SMASH
Posted: 4/24/13 at 12:06pm

Maybe they will make a 30 minute SMASH about the mounting of a Gatsby play Off-Broadway? With RENT revival Mimi as the publicist.

Videos