News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 79

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#1950SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 6:26am

Andy Mientus' The Last Goodbye is up on ITunes too.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1951SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 7:36am

And how many people really would care about that point while watching a TV show. I lived in NY for many years and still visit at least once/twice a year. I had to look it up to see it was a "budget" hotel. I always thought a lot of Opening night parties were at a place like Sardi's. Maybe they used it because they did not have to pay hotel a lot of money to mention it in the episode.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1952SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:34am

As far as I know, that hotel does not have a space like that. They probably filmed it on a set and used that to show a space in NYC.
Sardi's is a place they could have used but maybe Sardi's was too small. They usually use the upstairs for parties and that room is very small not as big as the space they filmed that scene. Maybe it was on a set and they just used the outside of the hotel.

FindingNamo
#1953SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:58am

Honey. Calm down. It's a tv show telling a fictional story set in a fictional version of a real life city and a real life business. The lights on the hotel sign looked shiny and glamorous. Does it matter that much that no real opening night party would be hosted there? Really, ultimately?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1954SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:07am

I thought it was funny. It is a hell hole so it just cracked me up. When I worked at Pix, they sent me to have our machine removed because we were getting hacked by hookers placing offensive ads on our machines.

I was afraid there. It was a mess. That is all. But that is truly the worst hotel in Manhattan so I found it very funny.

FindingNamo
#1955SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:00pm

There used to be a LOT of places that had hookers in Times Square.

I used to think the network you talked about was a television thing like when you check into a hotel and see area sights and attractions. Now you're making it sound like a photo booth in a lobby.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1956SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:03pm

What-the-hell is going on with Kathie Lee Gifford on SMASH? Someone explain, please!

Kathie Lee Giffford (and other guests stars) on SMASH

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1957SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:10pm

My guess is that she's there for the Today show.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1958SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:15pm

In that wig and costume and rehearsing with others?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1959SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:17pm

Scandalous is being revived.

Updated On: 4/23/13 at 12:17 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1960SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:18pm

Kathy Lee is the Marilyn understudy! LOL

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1961SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:19pm

Yes. In the world of the show, Kathie Lee and Today probably went to a Bombshell rehearsal and Kathie Lee dressed like Marilyn.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1962SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:20pm

I know, haha! That's what I thought at first. Yes, it's teaser for next season's show that will never be filmed. Eileen will bring back SCANDALOUS, find the missing funding for REBECCA, and stage her own one-woman show, THE TESTAMENT OF EILEEN where she walks around with a vulture, feasting on the carcasses of dead musicals.

Updated On: 4/23/13 at 12:20 PM

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#1963SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:20pm

Scandalous is nominated for best musical. KLG is at the Tony awards. Could happen in the Smashiverse.

JohnyBroadway
#1964SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 1:16pm

Better yet, Scandalous wins best musical, and Eileen throws a drink KLG's face at the after party hosted by Penney Marshall.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1965SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 1:51pm

I used to produce a TV show in hotels and after that I worked for a Kiosk hotel Network. The Kiosk machine had a TV show similiar to what they have in cabs.

FindingNamo
#1966SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 2:03pm

And the hookers (to be honest I prefer the term sex workers, because I think theirs is an honorable profession) were so tech savvy they were able to hack into the kiosk system. Were they that super smart Risky Business hooker?

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#1967SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 5:24pm

I'm curious: (SPOILER ALERT just to be on the safe side, although I don't think it's necessary) rumors floating around other sites seem to think that Kyle is going to be killed off soon. Or, alternately, that Ana is. Does anyone think this is a real possibility? Personally, Kyle's the only character I genuinely like anymore, so I certainly hope it isn't.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1968SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 6:17pm

bwayrose7 - IMO - think it is a even 50-50 between Ana and Jimmy who gets killed. Ana seems to like Jimmy's brother and Kyle started a fight with him. Unfortunately, I could see it being Kyle because Ana has a big role (diva) in "Hit List".

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1969SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 7:06pm

bwayrose- If you want me to give you a spoiler PM me.

Re: The Hotel Carter- that shot of the exterior was a joke that the writers put in knowing full well the place is a hell hole. One of the few moments of genuine self-aware humor in the series for those who know how awful that place is!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#1970SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 7:35pm

I think it might be Ana getting killed off. My theory is that Ana's role as the diva is going to be recast with that dancer girl that Derek is now sleeping with (the one who previously filed the lawsuit against him) cause I saw somewhere that McPhee and her are singing a Hit List number together in a future episode.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1971SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 7:49pm

I really don't get why Kyle is singing "The Last Goodbye." Seems kind of spoilery to release it so early. It would be a little ridiculous to sing it to Tom or the stage manager/lighting guy. Maybe he's going to be Jeff Buckley in the Alex Timbers musical. Does Alex Timbers exist in SMASHLAND?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1972SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:07pm

kyl3fong2 - Good point and I could see that happening.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1973SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:14pm

whizzer - that is funny about Hotel Carter. Do you know somebody in the cast/crew? Wonder how you know "spoiler"?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1974SMASH
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:52pm

Whizzer that joke was the funniest thing ever. Every time I think about it I start laughing. SMASH
And yes, Namo they were clever sex workers but they made my job a living hell.LOL.

Videos