News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 18

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#425Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 1:01pm

Exactly, JPeterman. Plus, I'm really excited to see JCM I can hardly wait until April to be honest.

ACL - I am also hoping they replace Criss rather than closing out the show with him. I believe there are so many potential Hedwigs out there that they must keep it going!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#426Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 5:20pm

I can tell you that JCM wants the show to keep running, as I just had a chat with him.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#427Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 5:51pm

That's great! Thanks, Jane2!

bfreak
#428Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 6:03pm

While I don't think Darren Criss is a good fit (at all) but it appears to be selling well so far with him as now it's rised to the #2 trending show on telecharge.

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#429Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 10:28pm

After paying for shows with my money for years my parents said they would pay for a ticket, so I'm trying to coax them into helping me pay for a premium ticket to Hedwig while John is still in it. I know this may seem a stupid question to ask, but does John usually pick the same seat in terms of kissing someone. Believe me I'll be thrilled to be in the theatre with him again, and no matter what I'll love being close. But I was looking at front row seats on Tuesday nights and was wondering what I should try for if I'm hoping for the tiniest interaction :)

FindingNamo
#430Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 10:32pm

Isn't it horrible how there are no guarantees in life and we can't control what other people do?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#431Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 10:40pm

He usually kisses someone in the first row around seats 108 to 114 :)

Whatshisname Profile Photo
Whatshisname
#432Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/26/15 at 12:43am

A friend of mine who works on the show told me they have plans for it to run at least one more year.

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#433Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/26/15 at 9:04am

Yes Namo, which is why I made it pretty clear that I will have a wonderful time regardless, but thank you for reiterating that fact if life for me. Thanks SDV!

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#434Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/27/15 at 9:56pm

Any recent reports? Is he still going strong? Still in the leg brace?

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#435Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/27/15 at 10:11pm

Just got back--- still in brace, but he was amazing !! The pain-killing induced ad-libs were great, and his voice sounds amazing ! Actually liked tonight's performance more than when I saw him on 2/26

It's more stripped down, and seems more intimate---

Merch alert--- they are now seeing black tees with JCM on front ( with denim outfit--- in performance)
The back says john Cameron Mitchell "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" - Belasco Theatre

Was told they just got them in today--- best Hedwig shirt I've seen --- including ones from the Jane

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#436Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/27/15 at 10:44pm

Ooh! Thanks for the heads up!

Testing1232
#437Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/27/15 at 11:08pm

If you go on their FB page--- under the Lena hall article, I posted pic of the shirt (front and back)

GreasedLightning
#438Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/28/15 at 12:04am

hey testing1232, did you catch which window cards they are currently selling by any chance?

Testing1232
#439Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/28/15 at 12:30am

Yea, they were nice! Also saw an "Origin of Love" tee that i believe was new

GreasedLightning
#440Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/28/15 at 1:05am

Were they the ones with John Cameron Mitchell's name on them? (The window cards)

Testing1232
#441Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/28/15 at 6:33am

Yep....

mgldan
#442Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/1/15 at 3:32pm

Saw him at yesterday's 7 PM performance, thought his modified entrance (being carried on stage by two disinterested stagehands) was hysterical. His constant calls for the crate were pretty amusing, and his joke about the "original cast" is great. To be honest, though, I feel like his injury is still taking a toll on him, as he seemed to embody the role of Hedwig less than I would have hoped. I was hyperaware that I was watching JCM and not his alter ego. When I saw Andrew Rannells in the role (which was the first time I had seen the play), he was much more vulnerable.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#443Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/1/15 at 6:35pm

any thoughts on Anthony Rapp as the next Hedwig after Criss??

Anthony Rapp would reprise his role in HEDWIG if asked.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#444Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/1/15 at 6:38pm

He can't fill that theater.

FindingNamo
#445Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/1/15 at 6:40pm

This is how things get blown out of proportion. It's a Twitter response to a Twitter question.

On a side note, if asked to play Hedwig I would regretfully have to turn it down.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#446Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/1/15 at 7:24pm

This show has turned into a major "event/showcase" production. John Cameron Mitchell is only in the role because he wrote and originated it onstage and in the movie. It's not going to go to any well-respected jobbers after him- they're gonna keep shooting for names.

And unfortunately, Anthony Rapp is a jobber, not a name.

timisimaginary
#447Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/2/15 at 1:16pm

i was also at both the 7pm and 10pm shows this saturday. i think JCM totally embodies the role. but to me, JCM and Hedwig are virtually synonymous in my mind. when i see him in the wig and makeup and hear that voice, he just IS hedwig in a way no one else could ever be. i didn't see AR, but i saw NPH and MCH twice (the 2nd time during the week JCM cancelled) and had a similar problem with MCH. i was a six feet under fan, and a huge Dexter fan, so the first time i saw MCH i had a hard time seeing past the actor and simply accepting him as Hedwig. the 2nd time was much easier though. i think when it comes to actors in this role, it can be as much about the mental baggage you bring yourself as it is the actor's performance.

also, for everyone wondering about JCM and the carwash, it IS still possible to get a carwash from JCM. i know because i got one. after yitzhak puts on the beaded skirt, Hedwig turns to the audience and says something like "i wish i could give someone a carwash". that's an invitation. so i stood up and leaned up against the stage and got my carwash. then i got my pants yanked on, followed by a spanking. he said the same thing at the 10pm show but no one stood up to take him up on the offer.

so, JCM carwashes are still available if you're willing to meet him halfway.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#448Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/2/15 at 1:22pm

Oh wow! He said something like that on Friday night but it didn't sound to me like an invitation. Maybe you were the trailblazer?

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#449Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 3/2/15 at 5:18pm

How has JCM been after his week long leave? Does he still have the brace on? Is he still wearing high heels?

Videos