News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 9

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#200Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 3:37pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Isn't the tour going non-equity? I know that was the plan pre-pandemic, at least."

They could change that.  They can also whisk up a stand alone engagement with this particular show. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Lauren2
#201Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/26/22 at 12:13am

Just got out of Chicago with Pamela Anderson and actually had a good time! Sure the singing wasn’t amazing but wasn’t horrible but her dancing and acting I actually really enjoyed! And Lana’s voice is so unique. Different than other Velma’s I have seen but incredible never the less! 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#202Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 10:25pm

Just got out. Pamela is having the time of her life on that stage! Girl can cry, act, and even cartwheel. She needs some more time to have fun. The audience was eating her up 100 percent, and you can tell she was really thankful. Her act two really shines. 

The ensemble is going through the motions....what said here is said...

The show really needs an update or something, and also the theatre. 

Not so good-Her bodyguard. During the curtain call he came down the aisle towards the front, and was literally hitting audience members phones out of their hand and yelling NO SELFIES! (as they were just taking the pics of the cast on stage) It was actually causing a commotion in the first couple of rows, because nobody knew who this guy was. It was a really distraction during the curtain call. 

Updated On: 4/28/22 at 10:25 PM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#203Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 10:38pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Not so good-Her bodyguard. During the curtain call he came down the aisle towards the front, and was literally hitting audience members phones out of her hand and yelling NO SELFIES! It was actually causing a commotion in the first couple of rows, because nobody knew who this guy was. It was a really distraction during the curtain call."

Damn. Everyone sucks here. Audience members are stupid for thinking that paying for front row means they can selfie at curtain call, but the bodyguard sounds like a whole ass disruptive mess the likes I’ve never heard before at a Broadway show

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#204Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 10:40pm

it wasn't just the front row. it was audience members all around. he was crazy! oh well. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#205Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 10:44pm

I was there tonight in the 4th row center and I did not see any of this commotion you’re talking about.  Had to be just the few people around you as no one even on stage looked down, which they would have done had there been this big commotion you’re taking about. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#206Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 11:12pm

Has anyone attempted rush or standing room lately? 

chrishuyen
#207Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/28/22 at 11:13pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "Has anyone attempted rush or standing room lately?"

Swung by the box office today around noon since I was in the area.  They said they were sold out of rush (which I wasn't surprised by) but that they are definitely still doing rush tickets.  Not sure how early you'd need to show up though.

Phantom4ever
#208Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 1:08pm

For people who know the show well, I heard that Pam is doing the full Me and My Baby choreography? If so, that would be quite impressive. Erika Jayne diluted it down to almost nothing.  

KMKJ
#209Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 1:27pm

Phantom4ever said: "For people who know the show well, I heard that Pam is doing the full Me and My Baby choreography?"

She most absolutely is not Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Very simplified and grounded but, Anderson's adorable doing it.  

BrodyFosse123
#210Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 1:59pm

Pamela is absolutely doing all of the original revival choreography.  She’s definitely letting it fit comfortably in her body so there’s no leaping, but she’s definitely doing the full choreography. She also obviously understands dance as her detailed footwork and shoulder pops were impressive.  Kudos to those assigned to coach her for this as there was much more involved than just teaching her the choreography.  This truly is an impressive Broadway debut as her character nuances are fantastic.  She plays Roxie as a 1920s mole so she infuses face muggings that suit her characterization.  Even her soft wispy voice fits perfectly and her “Roxie” monologue is a Master Class on how it’s done.  I hadn’t been back to see CHICAGO in over 2 decades and what a glorious way to return.  She understands how to play on stage, which is something many non-trained-on-stage actors can do.  

White_Lotus Profile Photo
White_Lotus
#211Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 2:08pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Pamela is absolutely doing all of the original revival choreography. She’s definitely letting it fit comfortably in her body so there’s no leaping, but she’s definitely doing the full choreography. She also obviously understands dance as her detailed footwork and shoulder pops were impressive. Kudos to those assigned to coach her for this as there was much more involved than just teaching her the choreography. This truly is an impressive Broadway debut as her character nuances are fantastic. She plays Roxie as a 1920s mole so she infuses face muggings that suit her characterization. Even her soft wispy voice fits perfectly and her “Roxie” monologue is a Master Class on how it’s done. I hadn’t been back to see CHICAGO in over 2 decades and what a glorious way to return. She understands how to play on stage, which is something many non-trained-on-stage actors can do."

I am glad to read this. I've been a Pamela Anderson fan since her days on "Home Improvement".

I also have not gone to see this show in over 2 decades. All of the "stunt casting" was off-putting at first because I felt it was just cheapening the show. But if it's allowing the likes of Melanie Griffith, Pamela Anderson and Erika Jayne to fulfill their Broadway dreams then who am I to judge? 

"Opinions are very interesting because we all have different ones. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you should always give it to others, especially when your opinion is not necessarily grounded in truth, but in what you believe or want to believe."
Updated On: 4/29/22 at 02:08 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#212Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 2:12pm

Sad to hear the ensemble is sleepwalking through the show already. They haven't even been reopened a full year yet. Time to clean house after their contracts are up.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#213Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 2:38pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Pamela is absolutely doing all of the original revival choreography. She’s definitely letting it fit comfortably in her body so there’s no leaping, but she’s definitely doing the full choreography. She also obviously understands dance as her detailed footwork and shoulder pops were impressive. Kudos to those assigned to coach her for this as there was much more involved than just teaching her the choreography. This truly is an impressive Broadway debut as her character nuances are fantastic. She plays Roxie as a 1920s mole so she infuses face muggings that suit her characterization. Even her soft wispy voice fits perfectly and her “Roxie” monologue is a Master Class on how it’s done. I hadn’t been back to see CHICAGO in over 2 decades and what a glorious way to return. She understands how to play on stage, which is something many non-trained-on-stage actors can do. "

Pamela is NOT doing the full original choreography. It’s majorly dumbed down and she can barely execute it as is. Loved seeing her, but Ann Reinking she is not. Or Gwen Verdón for that matter.

BrodyFosse123
#214Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 2:43pm

ACL2006 said: "Sad to hear the ensemble is sleepwalking through the show already. They haven't even been reopened a full year yet. Time to clean house after their contracts are up."

I saw the show last night (Thurs April 28), and I can attest the ensemble was not sleepwalking last night.  You can tell the magic Pamela has brought back to CHICAGO is a surprise to them and they are fully on.  Since Pamela started her run, the show has been selling out nightly and the cheers after each number is definitely something they haven’t heard in years.  I kid you not when I say CHICAGO feels like the event show it was decades ago.  I’ve seen CHICAGO decades ago and I did get tired of it but last night, it was a brand new show again.  Even Brenda Braxton’s glorious introduction of the orchestra after intermission took things to such a higher level.  It’s been ages that I watched both “Nowadays” and the “Hot Honey Rag” get applause mid-number.  God bless you, Pamela Anderson for injecting new life into this tired horse that had been CHICAGO for years.  

Phantom4ever
#215Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 3:25pm

Ok It does not seem like there is a consensus about whether or not Pamela is doing the original full Me and My Baby choreography. And as for the ensemble sleepwalking, I think that's what people convinced themselves they're seeing when they see this show and if becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. And so much of the show requires the ensemble to have kind of an aloof coolness to them that perhaps that comes off as sleepwalking to people who don't get the Fosse vibe. I always sit in the first two rows when I see Chicago and I have yet to see, in over 25 performances, any sleepwalking ensemble members. I always look out for it too because I would race back to my device after the show and name that ensemble member and the exact number and part of the show where he/she was sleepwalking. But then again, years ago ago around 2007 I went to see Chicago with another BWW member and we sat right next to each other in the front row and I said how great the ensemble was and he said they were sleepwalking so who knows I guess. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#216Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 4:03pm

Saw the show Tuesday night, delayed report back:

I gotta say, Pamela is fantastic. Can she sing? Not really. Can she dance? Sometimes. But she is giving her all in the acting department, and it’s brightening up the role like I haven’t seen in a long while. You can tell she’s studied this script hard, almost line by line, and is finding many great little moments to make each piece of dialogue and act of movement deliberate. I feel like they actually make a point to make her chair during “I Can’t Do It Alone” angle out more into the audience, because everything Lana did, Pam had a reaction. It was adorable and hysterical.

That said, nerves got the best of her at times, racing through or stepping over others lines, or shoes in the case of Me and My Baby, where she was continuously early in her steps. While the Roxie monologue was quicker than usual, she still found the lines, and made them bigger than many others. She’s also one of the only Roxies who made the connection between Fred Casely in the Roxie male solos clear to the audience, it hit me in a way I hadn’t experienced the many dozens of times I’ve seen the show. She barely moved during the actual Roxie number, which was surprising, but her acting carried her through. And while her Hot Honey Rag was a bit tentative, she did all the steps, and unlike so many, actually did the cartwheel. She was a treat!

As for the rest of the cast, seeing Lana Gordon back was fantastic. She’s a great Velma and a perfect anchor to Pam. She definitely putting in extra work, so how she does that and still does an incredible show? Incredible! Another one of favorite Velmas, Brenda Braxton, was fantastic as Mama. Perhaps because of her familiarity with the show, she made every line reading a treat, she knew where to find the humor in each line. And to hear two Velmas together to sing “Class” was heavenly.

I think my one disappointment was Ryan Silverman as Billy. He was fine, and having seen him in other shows, I was hoping for more. As for criticisms of the ensemble? I think for the most part they’re strong. I think there could be some cleaning up/recasting of, ironically, the newer the male ensemble, but I do think the for the most part the female ensemble is as great as its ever been.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Fosse76
#217Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/29/22 at 11:48pm

I don't know, but compared to b-roll footage on YouTube of Reinking doing "Me and My Baby," it certainly looks like Anderson is doing most of the choreography for that number. Maybe towards the end it's toned down, but I remember most of it being done. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#218Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 5/3/22 at 9:30am

Fosse76 said: "I don't know, but compared to b-roll footage on YouTube of Reinking doing "Me and My Baby," it certainly looks like Anderson is doing most of the choreography for that number. Maybe towards the end it's toned down, but I remember most of it being done."

Maybe she's gotten comfortable with it as the weeks have gone on and added more? When I saw the show last Tuesday, the steps definitely seem to be all there, and she was doing a decent portion of it, even if she was a beat or two early for the entire thing. Something tells me she might not be the most consistent performer night to night, which actually adds to the thrill for me.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BrodyFosse123
#219Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 5/3/22 at 9:54am

From someone in the show, Pamela is indeed doing all the original choreography.  She’s been given the creative leeway to do it as it feels comfortable for her, so it looks more natural on her as opposed to trying to execute them like a professional dancer, which she is not.  The heavy number for her is the “Hot Honey Rag” and she was determined to do it full on, hence the obvious focus she has when doing it.  She’s added her little nuances to it, so she’s now obviously more confident dancing it.  She’s having the time of her life right now and she’s loving the 8 performances a week schedule as she’s bonded with everyone seeing them daily.  As for her body guard stopping photos during curtain calls, it was at her request as it was taking attention away from the rest of the cast as the smartphones were aimed directly at her.  She didn’t want to impose this duty on the house staff so she has her body guard handling it as he’s there at every performance with her.  

OffOnBwayHi
#220Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 5/3/22 at 10:03am

BrodyFosse123 said: "From someone in the show, Pamela is indeed doing all the original choreography. She’s been given the creative leeway to do it as it feels comfortable for her, so it looks more natural on her as opposed to trying to execute them like a professional dancer, which she is not. The heavy number for her is the “Hot Honey Rag” and she was determined to do it full on, hence the obvious focus she has when doing it. She’s added her little nuances to it, so she’s now obviously more confident dancing it. She’s having the time of her life right now and she’s loving the 8 performances a week schedule as she’s bonded with everyone seeing them daily. As for her body guard stopping photos during curtain calls, it was at her request as it was taking attention away from the rest of the cast as the smartphones were aimed directly at her. She didn’t want to impose this duty on the house staff so she has her body guard handling it as he’s there at every performance with her. "

Thanks for this insider info!

Pam sounds like a wonderful person. I might go see her soon in this now.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#221Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 5/3/22 at 12:18pm

I see BroadwayBox has the following discount code good until June 5: CHBBX22

inception Profile Photo
inception
#222Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

inception Profile Photo
inception
#223Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#224Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 5/3/22 at 3:15pm

For what it’s worth, since stage dooring is still a no-no, I did mail my Playbill in to see what would happen. (I had an extra so no loss if I didn’t get it back). Came back in 9 days signed by everyone including Pam.

A lovely surprise in my mailbox today

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos