News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 14

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

DylanGable
#325THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:16pm

OlBlueEyes said: "since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night"

The Tony Awards have mainstream America as their prisoner on this night? Has Tony kidnapped mainstream America and chained it up in a basement dungeon with a dog named Precious?

I knew I should have stopped reading after that, because the rest was one of the dumbest things I've read tonight, and I've read a lot of dumb things.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#326THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:16pm

It was a wonderful, spirited performance by an incredible cast. I love Once on this Island, and I hope that performance makes people buy tons of tickets.  They are so lovely.  

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#327THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:17pm

Not watching the telecast, but I adored OotI, and am glad to see the consensus that they did a great show tonight. Can someone say what song they performed? Sounds like they went with "Mama Will Provide," which makes perfect sense.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#328THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

OlBlueEyes - STFU

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#329THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/10/18 at 10:17 PM

Shh_413
#330THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

They usually switch with Best Book some years. Last year, Pasek and Paul won on the telecast and Steven Levenson won off it.

CallMeAl2 Profile Photo
CallMeAl2
#331THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

OlBlueEyes said: "Happy Birthday to my Husband.

The Tonys get this wrong every year, The theater community, which all would admit has cultural and societal values still very different from the mainstream, seems to feel that, since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night, it can flaunt its differentvalues in the face of viewers.

The Broadway theater industry does not enjoy financial backing at a level sufficient to permit it to ignore the sensibilities of its Tony audience....
"

The way I see it, the rest of the country is our guest tonight and we are letting them in to our community for the evening. If they don't like what they see, they are welcome to turn the channel.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#332THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:18pm

Boston Friend said: "Whatis wrong with OOTI? They had to bring the goats to Radio City? That is disgraceful."

???

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#333THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:18pm

Also, Nathan Lane's "I just can't with you" face at the goat during their performance was so priceless.  

Shh_413
#334THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:20pm

Why did they award Best Play before Best Revival? Is that normal?

Boston Friend
#335THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Elegance101 said: "Boston Friend said: "Whatis wrong with OOTI? They had to bring the goats to Radio City? That is disgraceful."

???
"

The goats were clearly distressed. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#336THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Hands DOWN OOTI was the best performance of the night. This performance had everything. Color, energy, Nathan Lane dissing a goat.

Elegance101
#337THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:21pm

Shh_413 said: "Why did they award Best Play before Best Revival? Is that normal?"

Who knows why they choose the order the way they do? It's always weird.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#338THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

And OlBlueEyes has been spewing weird racist thoughts on another thread and now weird homophobia on this thread.  Just ignore him.  Probably some old never-has-been in Astoria sweating as they huff at their computer.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#339THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Out of all the shows, My Fair Lady and Once on this Island gave the best performances so far. Brings the point home that they don't make them like they used to anymore.

Elegance101
#340THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Boston Friend said: "Elegance101 said: "Boston Friend said: "Whatis wrong with OOTI? They had to bring the goats to Radio City? That is disgraceful."

???
"

The goats were clearlydistressed.
"

Oh, I thought you were saying it was disrespectful to Radio City.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#341THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:22pm

Great acceptance speech for "Angels in America" Another FU to OlBlueEyes

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#342THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:23pm

Josh Groban is the James Franco of awards shows.  Please just sing, Josh.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Elegance101
#343THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:23pm

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Out of all the shows, My Fair Lady and Once on this Island gave the best performances so far. Brings the point home that they don't make them like they used to anymore."

I know what you mean, but can we not support the narrative that musical theatre is over because we're having an iffy season this year?

JBC3
#344THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:24pm

CallMeAl2 said: "The way I see it, the rest of the country is our guest tonight and we are letting them in to our community for the evening. If they don't like what they see, they are welcome to turn the channel."

Well-said CallMeAl2.

Impossible2
#345THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:25pm

Elegance101 said: "ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Out of all the shows, My Fair Lady and Once on this Island gave the best performances so far. Brings the point home that they don't make them like they used to anymore."

I know what you mean, but can we not support the narrative that musical theatre is over because we're having an iffy season this year?
"

Yes next season is looking much better with the Cher Show, an Alanis musical, King Kong and a Go Go's musical...

Elegance101
#346THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:27pm

Impossible2 said: "Elegance101 said: "ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Out of all the shows, My Fair Lady and Once on this Island gave the best performances so far. Brings the point home that they don't make them like they used to anymore."

"

Yes next season is looking much better with the Cher Show, an Alanis musical, King Kong and a Go Go's musical...
"

Let's say you're right: this season sucked and next season does, too. Even two bad seasons for new musical theatre in a row means nothing. Last season and the season before never happened I guess...

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 10:27 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#347THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Uh that was not a very good performance of Omar Sharif. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#348THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Elegance101 said: "ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Out of all the shows, My Fair Lady and Once on this Island gave the best performances so far. Brings the point home that they don't make them like they used to anymore."

"

If more shows like The Band's Visit were coming out with more regularity, then I'd be with you.

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#349THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:28pm

Marianne Elliott was robbed and I will go to my grave saying so.

Videos