News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 15

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#350THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:29pm

I didn't care much for the bands visit when I saw it and don't think it deserved all of these awards and just don't see how that performance is gonna get everyone to rush out to buy tickets after seeing that. Meh.

richsmo
#351THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

JBC3 said: "Theatre-goers who cannot handle someone thanking his husband should probably stay at home lest they accidentally come to a show that will more deeply challenge their delicate sensibilities."

How about "deeply offend their religious values" ? I guess there no Tolerance in this "inclusive community" for that kind of diversity. It's not called bigotry, it's called keep your private affairs private. If you cannot conceive of the possibility of someone sincerely believing that gay marriage is wrong, then maybe you are the delicate one, snowflake.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#352THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Wonderful performance by The Bands Visit.  No surprise.  

Frenchbacon
#353THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

poisonivy2 said: "Uh that was not a very good performance of Omar Sharif."

I agree. I haven't listened to/seen the show, but that performance definitely did not go well.

CedricOates
#354THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Did Katrina’s voice crack? THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#355THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:30pm

Broadway Joe said: "I didn't care much for the bands visit when I saw it and don't think it deserved all of these awards and just don't see how that performance is gonna get everyone to rush out to buy tickets after seeing that. Meh."

That performance won't, but all those awards will.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#356THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:30pm

As someone who knows zero about The Bands Visit... aside from everyone saying it will win best musical... that performance was so boring.

Impossible2
#357THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:31pm

richsmo said: "JBC3 said: "Theatre-goers who cannot handle someone thanking his husband should probably stay at home lest they accidentally come to a show that will more deeply challenge their delicate sensibilities."

How about "deeply offend their religious values" ? I guess there no Tolerance in this "inclusive community" for that kind of diversity. It's not called bigotry, it's called keep your private affairs private.If you cannot conceive of the possibility of someone sincerely believing that gay marriage is wrong, then maybe you are the delicate one, snowflake.

Funny you're the one that sounds like the snowflake to me *shrugs
"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#358THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

It's a beautiful song, and I get why they'd want to feature Katrina. But I think "Answer Me" would've been a better choice. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#359THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

I thought Katrina was mesmerizing as always. Beautiful performance. A brief voice crack, but it's live and that happens.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#360THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:32pm

richsmo said: "JBC3 said: "Theatre-goers who cannot handle someone thanking his husband should probably stay at home lest they accidentally come to a show that will more deeply challenge their delicate sensibilities."

How about "deeply offend their religious values" ? I guess there no Tolerance in this "inclusive community" for that kind of diversity. It's not called bigotry, it's called keep your private affairs private.If you cannot conceive of the possibility of someone sincerely believing that gay marriage is wrong, then maybe you are the delicate one, snowflake.

"

You're in the wrong board and wrong community. Asking gay people to not thank their husbands and wives is like telling the straight people to not acknowledge their spouses and children. If a white person thanked his/her black spouse or vice versa would you be saying the same thing? People used to use religious arguments to argue for slavery and against integration as well. Gay marriage is legal in all fifty states and non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation exists in 21 states and in more cities. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#361THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Lenk’s voice did crack, but I still loved it. Granted I’m bringing all my pleasant memories from seeing it in November with me.

My updated grades of the performances so far:
Opening number: A+
Mean Girls: C-
My Fair Lady: A+
Spongebob Squarepants: A
Josh/Sara’s second number: A+
Carousel: B-
Seasons of Love - Parkland: A
Frozen: B-
You Will Be Found (In Memoriam): A
Summer: B
Once on This Island: A+
The Band’s Visit: A

singerunlimited
#362THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

That performance from The Band's Visit was stunning. I think "Omar Sharif" is such a haunting piece. Watching Tony Shalhoub with tears in his eyes watching Katrina Lenk brought me so much joy.

Markecib
#363THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

That performance for The Bands Visit wasn’t good at all. I wasn’t a fan of the show, but thought Katrina was wonderful, but that didn’t come off well on TV.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#364THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

GeorgeandDot said: "I thought Katrina was mesmerizing as always. Beautiful performance. A brief voice crack, but it's live and that happens."

AGREE!!! ^^^

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#365THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

"

Death to your god and I spit on your religion if those are your views.  Who said that we were tolerant?  because I don't tolerate this. 

You have no power here.  Be gone before somebody drops a house on you.

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/10/18 at 10:32 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#366THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:33pm

richsmo said: "JBC3 said: "How about "deeply offend their religious values" ? "

Yeah, I don't give two ****s about that. I don't have that kind of tolerance and I've never claimed to.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#367THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:33pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I thought Katrina was mesmerizing as always. Beautiful performance. A brief voice crack, but it's live and that happens."

yesbroken heart

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#368THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:34pm

I thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a while. I thought Katrina Lenk was wonderful and I loved seeing Tony Shalhoub reacting to her was amazing.

Peter2 Profile Photo
Peter2
#369THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:35pm

What a gift Tony Shalhoub is. 

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#370THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

ljay889 said: "It's a beautiful song, and I get why they'd want to feature Katrina. But I think "Answer Me" would've been a better choice."

"Answer Me" is one of the most stunning numbers I've seen, but I'm glad for them not to perform it on the Tonys. While it's hugely resonant, and would show well, I think, I'm sure audiences will be happy to see it for the first time at the show itself.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#371THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

I thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a while. I thought Katrina Lenk was wonderful and I loved seeing Tony Shalhoub reacting to her was amazing.

Agreed!

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 10:35 PM

JBC3
#372THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

"

When straight people stfu about their sexual identity I will do the same about mine.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#373THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:36pm

OOTI!!!!!!!!!!

TexanAddams18
#374THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:36pm

Wut?

Videos