News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 64

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

toofunktastic2
#1575The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 2/16/17 at 8:31pm

https://instagram.com/p/BQmBhzUlebW/

In guessing Donald will likely be the second cover? 

llnjwrg
#1576The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 2/18/17 at 3:18am

In general, if anyone's ever wondering about stage door I've got you covered:

http://hamiltonstagedoor.tumblr.com/

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1577The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:26pm

Looks like Donald Webber, Jr. is making his Alexander Hamilton debut today! https://twitter.com/donaldwebber/status/838424725546217472

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1578The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/5/17 at 10:25pm

We'll be seeing him in 2 weeks.  I guess that will be only his 3rd performance in the role. Should be interesting 

BroadwayConcierge
#1580The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/16/17 at 3:45pm

Love this video of BDJ's new pre-show announcement! The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSxA5h2AYQV/

SkylarElizabeth
#1581The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/16/17 at 10:29pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Love this video of BDJ's new pre-show announcement! The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSxA5h2AYQV/

"

Me too! I'm so excited I get to see him (hopefully he won't be out... don't want to jinx myself) on April 30th! He's one of my favorite broadway actors.  

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#1582The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/16/17 at 10:49pm

Has anyone seen James Monroe Iglehart or Brian d'Arcy James in the show? If so how were they?

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#1583The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/16/17 at 11:42pm

"SPOILERS AHEAD"

THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS. ITS LITERALLY THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. WHAT SPOILERS?

BroadwayConcierge
#1584The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/6/17 at 7:01pm

Syndee Winters will be on for Eliza on Broadway next week from May 9 to May 12, FYI.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1585The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/6/17 at 9:52pm

Alex M said: "Has anyone seen James Monroe Iglehart or Brian d'Arcy James in the show? If so how were they?

I saw the show last night, my first time seeing the new cast. I was so thrilled when I heard the news that d'Arcy James returned to the role, and he didn't disappoint. He was great, very very funny. The crowd went wild for him. He wasn't as menacing as Groff in the role, but I felt James brought more of an addled maturity to it. I had seen him at the Public, and it seemed to me (from what I can remember) that his performance hasn't changed all that much. 

I also liked James Monroe Iglehart, and I loved that they didn't cast a Daveed clone. Iglehart is an interesting choice. That said, I did miss Daveed! I think it would be hard for anyone to top that performance, as other posters have commented. He brought such verve to the role. Iglehart's rapping didn't compare favorably either. It was especially noticeable during Guns and Ships, not a surprise, as that's one of the more difficult numbers.

But I did enjoy Iglehart. He was very funny, and he can move! I loved that he jumped off the table. I thought that the costuming choice of a do rag with his fancy duds (during the wedding scene) was a bit distracting, but that's a minor point. His What'd I Miss? was as funny as you'd expect.

I went in expecting to see Brandon Victor Dixon as Burr, so I guess I'm a bit behind the times! But I thought Nik Walker was excellent, as was Bryan Terrell Clark as George Washington. I did miss Renee Elise Goldsberry a lot. Like Daveed's, her performance is tough to equal. It was my first time seeing Javier, and he was excellent. What a voice! He managed to sound a bit like Lin Manuel once in a while though!

Overall, I think the show is in great shape. I didn't feel the lack of energy that other posters have noted. I thought the pacing was great, and once I got over the fact that the original cast is gone and not coming back, I had a great time. I still feel very fortunate to have seen the original cast, but for those experiencing the show for the first time, you have a treat in store!

Updated On: 5/7/17 at 09:52 PM

SkylarElizabeth
#1586The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/7/17 at 9:15pm

Alex M said: "Has anyone seen James Monroe Iglehart or Brian d'Arcy James in the show? If so how were they?

"

I saw both of these men on April 30th!  I also saw Gregory Treco as Burr and he was absolutely INCREDIBLE.  His Wait For It was simply amazing and he even added his own riffs at the end which was surprising since he hasn't gone on for Burr many times.  As for JMI, I also didn't think he was as eloquent in his rapping, (guns and ships seemed slower for some reason?)  However he did bring incredible energy and a fun time to the show, which I think will only increase as his run continues.  

BDJ was also amazing!  The crowd went CRAZY for him and he really brought the house down, even when he was just sitting on the stage after he finishes his songs.  

I also saw Elizabeth Judd as Angelica and while I was disappointed to not be seeing Mandy Gonzalez (she is my FAVORITE) Elizabeth was also amazing!  She brought a more innocent and sweet attitude to the role, and her voice is great.  Overall I had a great time!  

Valyitz
#1587The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 4:15am

macnyc said: "I went in expecting to see Brandon Victor Dixon as Burr, so I guess I'm a bit behind the times! But I thought Nik Walker was excellent"

Has Brandon left? I hadn't heard that either - is Nik Walker not an understudy for the role?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1588The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 5:41am

I'm sorry to give a false impression. Brandon Victor Dixon is listed in the Playbill as Burr. So I guess Nik Walker is the understudy. 

Valyitz
#1589The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 7:17am

Oh I see! 

Brandon was actually out when I saw the show in January as well (I saw Andrew Chappelle), I wonder how his attendance is in general.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#1590The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 10:30am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Syndee Winters will be on for Eliza on Broadway next week from May 9 to May 12, FYI.

"

When I saw the show a few months ago, Syndee was in as Angelica and she was amazing! I was really unimpressed with Lexi Lawson as Eliza. She is beautiful and has a nice voice, but her voice is not powerful enough for Eliza IMO. It was hard to hear her at certain spots. Syndee will be awesome in this role I bet.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1591The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 10:38am

Loving this Syndee Winters love, she's flawless. Powerful voice, and great acting....with the way, Alysha got promoted to Peggy (well kinda, she left the show but then came back as Peggy full time) could Syndee be a future Schuyler Sister full time? 

novanoto
#1592The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 12:23pm

"

Does anyone know when these two gentlemen may be in the show until? Also, anyone have an idea of when Javier is in it until? I'm seeing it again in December and am just curious as to who I may see! Thank you!! 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1593The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 6:07pm

I thought Alysha was terrific as Peggy/Maria. 

SkylarElizabeth
#1594The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/8/17 at 9:58pm

novanoto said: "Alex M said: "Has anyone seen James Monroe Iglehart or Brian d'Arcy James in the show? If so how were they?

"

Does anyone know when these two gentlemen may be in the show until? Also, anyone have an idea of when Javier is in it until? I'm seeing it again in December and am just curious as to who I may see! Thank you!! 

"

Not too sure about Javi, as he has had a few different types of contracts.  Also, if you are going on a Sunday in December, you likely won't see whoever is mainly playing Hamilton.  However, all of the understudies/standbys are absolutely incredible (I loved Jevon as Hamilton).  As for James and Brian, unless they have a shorter/longer contract, they should be in it until next April!  For future reference, most principles contracts are for a year! (Unless indicated most of the time, like Josh Groban in Great Comet, leaving early July).  

novanoto
#1595The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 5/9/17 at 4:05pm

SkylarElizabeth said: "novanoto said: "Alex M said: "Has anyone seen James Monroe Iglehart or Brian d'Arcy James in the show? If so how were they?
"

"

Not too sure about Javi, as he has had a few different types of contracts.  Also, if you are going on a Sunday in December, you likely won't see whoever is mainly playing Hamilton.  However, all of the understudies/standbys are absolutely incredible (I loved Jevon as Hamilton).  As for James and Brian, unless they have a shorter/longer contract, they should be in it until next April!  For future reference, most principles contracts are for a year! (Unless indicated most of the time, like Josh Groban in Great Comet, leaving early July).  
"

I'm hoping so! I knew most contracts were for a year, but seemed to remember that there was discussion that the both of them, and in particular BDJ was on for a shorter amount of time. So fingers crossed for the year!! 

Last time I saw it, it was when Javi was injured and saw Jevon, who we actually (dare I say it!) liked more than Javi! Both were awesome, but just liked the vibe Jevon gave more. 

Thank you! 

BroadwayConcierge
#1596The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:42am

Does anybody know what's been up with Brian d'Arcy James' schedule lately? Thayne Jasperson has been on as KGIII a good amount recently (including last night), and Neil Haskell even made his King debut last month.

BroadwayConcierge
everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#1598The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:55am

I get it about the Verified presale but I'm still not sure I get it. So does this mean that the usual AMEX presale they do (and where most of the tickets end up on the reseller market) is done with? Also, for people with limited budgets, they're supposed to come up with X number of bucks by next week - because I'm sure the prices won't be going down any. And if the plans you have for 11 months fall through, is there any recourse to get your money back? I also notice they don't say anything about ticket despatch, is it going to be those annoying mobile QR codes instead of a ticket, or it is print-out at the theatre like they do for HP in London? (I'd check the FAQ but their link is broken.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BroadwayConcierge
#1599The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/12/17 at 5:57pm

For anybody going this week, Javi will be out. Donald Webber, Jr. is Hamilton tonight through Thursday, and Jevon McFerrin is Hamilton Friday through Sunday.

Videos