News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)- Page 11

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)

siny
#250re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 6:48pm

No, I think the travel time is about the same, but it gets you right to your destination where A train does not.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#251re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 6:51pm

According to hopstop, it gets us pretty close (two minutes away).

siny
#252re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 6:56pm

OK. But you might want to check with your concierge just in case. They'll know the best way to go.

americanboy99
#253re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 6:57pm

Okay. We will. I'll put that on the itinerary (haha)!

Thanks, siny. You've been beyond helpful, as has everyone else.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#254re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 6:58pm

Here- I've Google Maps'd it for you- the corner of Barclay and Church, where it says World Trade Center [E], that's where the E train stops. Four blocks up from that Chambers St [A, C] is where the A train stops.
If you want to be doing less walking (especially if you're going to be walking in rush hour on Thursday morning) you want to transfer to the E. If you don't care about the walking, take the A.
And always check hopstop against the actual mta maps.
Google maps- World Trade Center Site

americanboy99
#255re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 7:00pm

Can someone just tell me exactly what train to take, at what station, and heading where (downtown?), and what changes to make?

Please.

siny
#256re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 7:08pm

From your hotel, walk down to 50th St. and 8th Ave., which is where the subway station is. Take E train all the way downtown to WTC station. That's it.
Updated On: 6/15/07 at 07:08 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#257re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 7:13pm

If I were staying at your hotel: I would get on the A train (headed south) at Columbus Circle, transfer at W 4th to the E train, get off the E train at the last stop which is WTC.

If you don't want to have to try and transfer, either follow what siny said, where you'll walk at the beginning, or get on the A train at Columbus Circle and get off at Chambers, where you'll walk at the end.

americanboy99
#258re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/15/07 at 11:38pm

I think we'll just take the A train, to avoid a transfer and to do some walking in a place that is not around our hotel.

americanboy99
bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#260re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:05pm

While I can appreciate cramming as much as you can into each day you're here-(I know-I'm a New Yorker and I try to do it. I end up crashing midweek! It's terrible.)your Friday seems awfully long.
I can't believe you are leaving at 7 AM. You'll essentially be up and out from 7 AM-11 PM.
That's a long day. (my day is similar, but I don't walk half as much as you're planning to do.)
Just saying...you might want to cut it down a little. New York isn't going anywhere soon, I hope.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

americanboy99
#261re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:12pm

We're only there for two days.

When are we doing the largest amount of walking? Is there ever a place to cut down?

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#262re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:49pm

I understand you're only here for two days, but it seems like you're just spreading yourself a little thin. (Where are you coming from?)Goodness...
it just seems like so much to cram in. Makes me tired to read it and I'm used to being out constantly.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

siny
#263re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/16/07 at 6:10pm

I don't think it's so bad. You will be doing a lot of walking but you will also have time to rest - at breakfast, lunch and the 2 shows that you will see. If you are in reasonably good shape, you should be able to do it.

missyrose87
#264re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/16/07 at 9:31pm

Make sure you stop stop at the street vendor called Nuts For Nuts- they are only $1 and they are delicious!

americanboy99
#265re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/17/07 at 11:19am

Okay. My mom loves nuts.

We're in pretty good shape and it'll be good to walk off the food we're eating.

americanboy99
BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#267re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:20pm

See a really fun, perhaps jukebox musical, and maybe a more depressing/slow musical like Grey Gardens. Stay at a nice hotel, but not incredibly expensive, like the HIlton Times Square. Eat an appetizer or just get drinks at The View rotating restaurant on the top floor of the Marriot Marquis. There's a really good nice pizza restaurant next to the St. James. But that's just me. re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

americanboy99
americanboy99
#269re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:10am

I have been away from this thread for awhile, and I'll be away from my computer/ planning for quite a while. So, any last minute helpful tips and suggestions?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#270re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:16am

Just relax and go with the flow. You've got your show tickets. The rest will take care of itself.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#271re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 2:49pm

Yep, I think jordongirl's got it right. The absolute best advice is just to relax and have fun while you're in the city. It can be completely chaotic and you might feel like you haven't seen it all, but just think, if you miss something you'll have a reason to go back again! :)

Have a great time while you're there!

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

americanboy99
#272re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 2:51pm

We will have fun. I mean, how can you not have fun when you're seeing three shows?

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#273re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 2:52pm

Exactly! That's what my trip was like too. The entire week could have fallen apart around me as long as I got to see the shows! re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

americanboy99
#274re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/19/07 at 3:02pm

Yeah, but I am a little scared because my father is definitely not a show person. So, it'll be interesting to see him attending two in one afernoon.

Videos