pixeltracker

"How to get away with Murder" on ABC..wow!!!- Page 3

"How to get away with Murder" on ABC..wow!!!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#50Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/5/14 at 2:07pm

I was talking about the on screen chemistry of the two actors. There isn't any. This show is alright, but it's basically a rip off of Damages, a far superior show. I think people trust that Shondaland will entertain them so they just tune in.

VeraCharles3 Profile Photo
VeraCharles3
#51Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/6/14 at 5:03am

"Murder isn't shy in showing skin on skin, which I like, especially the gay scene." Jungle Red

Being in the UK, I have yet to see this show but this intrigues me - aren't US Network shows quite prudish when it comes to sex?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#52Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/6/14 at 8:11am

^Yes, especially when there are two men involved.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#53Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/6/14 at 8:36am

Totally agree that this is a Damages ripoff. Steven Weber is everywhere. Not only did he star on Murder In The First, which I agree was far superior to HTGAWM, he just starred in the new NCIS New Orleans. Love him.

I'm really wondering if Annalise will sport a new wig before seasons end.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#54Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/6/14 at 9:53am

HA! I was so distracted by that awful wig while watching the second eppie, that I missed plot points and had to rewind!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

VeraCharles3 Profile Photo
VeraCharles3
#55Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/7/14 at 5:16am

Thank you JerseyGirl2.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#56Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/10/14 at 10:15pm

"...Murder" seems to dipping in the ratings. The premiere debuted with 14.3 million, the second episode dropped to 12.1 million and this Thursday's episode saw it at 10.8 million. Still good numbers, but hopefully it can remain steady around 10 million viewers.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#57Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/10/14 at 10:36pm

I wonder if the DVR numbers have risen, as it makes sense for people to watch the premiere live and then not bother watching it live after that.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#58Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/10/14 at 11:16pm

How to Get Away with Murder's ratings curve is pretty typical. Almost every show has higher ratings for its first episode than the second one. It's 18-49 ratings have been almost identical to Scandal (which comes right before it) every week:
Week 1: 3.9 and 3.9
Week 2: 3.4 and 3.3
Week 3: 3.0 and 3.1

Murder is also the single most DVR'd show.

I personally thought this week's episode was pretty weak. I'm finding the overall mystery not that interesting, and I don't know if I care what happens to any of the characters.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#59Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/11/14 at 11:40pm

I'm losing I interest. I saw an article where some lawyers tore its feasibility to shreds. I suppose it's the same thing as, from a teachers pov, I tore Glee apart.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#60Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/12/14 at 3:58am

We were never meant to think this was supposed to be realistic, were we?

For me, I watched the first two episodes really closely and rewound the dvr a few times because I felt like I had missed something. But I hadn't. It's just so rapid cut and with fast forwards and time skips to cover up the slapdash nature of the story telling. I still had to read recaps the next day to figure out what it was I had seen. So I watched the third episode while doing something else (I just don't have the patience to give hour-long serial dramas my undivided attention) and the experience was exactly the same. I'll stick with it, but I am not gay married to the show. I'll probably just stop watching it one week like I did with Gotham after episode two.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#61Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/15/14 at 12:40pm

I'm losing interest too in this late night soap opera.

For some reason the pairing of Viola/Annalise and Tom/Sam seems forced. I get that their marriage is in trouble but since neither seems committed to restoring it, #idgas about it either. The timing of Annalise's affair seems suspect considering that Sam and she have been trying to conceive for sometime now which in and of itself tasks the imagination. I'm anxious to see (or maybe not) whether Analise's attempt at conception at her age will be dealt with.

So far, I've liked what Viola has brought each week except those wigs. Charlie Weber is credible as the firm's Lothario Frank to Liza Weil's convincing by-the-books associate Bonnie.

But the rest of the cast unfortunately would be better off in another spin-off of Vampire Diaries on CW, with the county sheriff played by Annalise's sidepiece, actor Billy Brown.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 10/15/14 at 12:40 PM

degrassifan
#62Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 12:15am

So tonight's episode was really good!! Was not expecting what Pax did!

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#63Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 11:40am

Yes, the wig/makeup removal scene is going to become legend.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#64Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 11:57am

As the promo said, those last nine words were definitely something.

Showface
#65Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 12:32pm

^Right??

But Annaleise did not do it...I thought she did, but I think that is too obvious

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#66Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 1:18pm

I think the students THINK that Annalise did it (murdered her husband) and are trying to cover it up in order to protect her. Of course, in trying to cover it up they are implicating themselves.

Love that one of the many hashtags for the show is #DatMurda

And that #OlivertheITguy (Conrad Ricamora, who played Benigno Aquino in Here Lies Love) has his own hashtag and fan art:

https://twitter.com/conradricamora/status/522804214607933441

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 10/17/14 at 01:18 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#67Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:18pm

I have a feeling based on the scenes for next week that she's going to kill him in self defense and the students are going to dispose of the body. Then we can be done with that storyline.

But I really enjoyed this episode for a number of reasons including what was perhaps the first use of the word "Pussy" on primetime TV.

And that wig/makeup removal was fierce and totally reminded me of

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#68Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:34pm

The showrunner has said that "that story" won't end until the 13 or whatever short season this year has.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#69Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:53pm

My only issue with that story is that they keep showing us the same scenes over and over and over again and even at the 4th episode, I'm beyond bored with that.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#70Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 6:19pm

I guess the goal is that they show a different perspective each time--but the different perspective is SOOOOO slight that I often don't even notice the change.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#71Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/17/14 at 6:28pm

or mayb she hired that motley crew so she could manipulate them into "protecting" her/their careers and they can take the collective fall?

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#72Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/18/14 at 6:43pm

Viola Davis on the wig scene--her idea. Love her!
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/10/17/viola-davis-on-shocking-how-to-get-away-with-murder-ending/

----------

When I first read the script, I was so excited, because it was my idea that I pitched to [series creator] Peter Nowalk before I even took the job. I said, “The only way I can play someone this hard is for something to be peeled away each week, and the first thing that needs to go is the wig.” I just wanted to deal with her hair. It’s a big thing with African-American women, in a way that’s far more complicated than I can possibly tell you over the phone. You start when you’re just a young girl. Do you twist it? Do you leave it natural when it’s so hard to take care of? Then you start wearing wigs but every night before bed you’ve got to take the wig off and deal with your hair underneath. And it’s a part of Annalise that I needed the writers to deal with because I’ve never seen it, ever, on TV and I thought it would be very powerful. It’s part of her mask.

Q: And the writers were on board with your plan for the character?

They were, which was why I was on board with them. Listen, I am very aware that I’m a different sort of woman for TV, for a lead role that’s sexualized. I get it. I can either pretend to be like everyone else that people have seen in that role, or I can embrace my womanhood, my sexuality, my size, my age, my hair. I felt that would be far more effective.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#73Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/18/14 at 10:38pm

"It’s part of her mask."

OMG...the deconstruction of Annalise was EPIC!

Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 10/19/14 at 10:38 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#74Get Away with Murder - ratings
Posted: 10/19/14 at 8:24pm

Fantastic episode all around!! Can't wait to see what the next episode brings us!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos