Disney's 'Frozen'

RooMcGoo Profile Photo
RooMcGoo
#225Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 8:45pm

What are they gonna do next, rename "The Little Mermaid" WET?

More at: http://roomcgoo.com/dear-roo-frozen/

http://roomcgoo.com/

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#226Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 8:56pm

Thought it was cute. Not a Disney classic- but very enjoyable. It was nice to hear Broadway voices, especially- and it's super beautiful.

"Let It Go" is basically "Defying Gravity" with ice. It's certainly the musical highlight of the film, and a stunning sequence.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#227Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 8:56pm

What are they gonna do next, rename "The Little Mermaid" WET?

**YAWN** These "jokes" were already made three years ago when Tangled came out. New material, please.

Updated On: 11/27/13 at 08:56 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#228Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 9:09pm

"More at: http://roomcgoo.com/dear-roo-frozen/"

Are you that desperate for people to see your blahg?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#229Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 10:20pm

Just saw it. It's no Tangled, but I still loved it. "Let It Go" is definitely the highlight. While Iscreama Menzel does her usual, it does work here, especially with how the scene is animated. Only problem is her voice really doesn't match the character's look. But it's forgivable. Definitely worth seeing.

::bust a move::

charliebrown5
#230Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 10:39pm

I enjoyed the film. Not remotely close to the level of a Beauty and the Beast but on par with Tangled, which was pretty good. I thought Josh Gad was hilarious and really liked Jonathan Groff and his reindeer. I didn't love any of the music but it fit the narrative well.

I felt the story was a little bit rushed and incomplete, but I loved the sister theme to the movie. Although the romance was cute, it wasn't even needed.

"Only problem is her voice really doesn't match the character's look." I felt the same way!

Updated On: 11/27/13 at 10:39 PM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#231Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/27/13 at 11:06pm

I heard the soundtrack album today, which may have been a foolish idea, since I plan on seeing the film on Saturday. I think (from a craft/song standpoint) it's the best Disney song score since BEAUTY... . I didn't love ALADDIN's songs with lyrics by Tim Rice (he's no Howard Ashman), and I think HUNCHBACK has two wonderful songs, but the rest are just OK. All of these songs are charming, fresh (but inevitable), and well crafted. Kudos to the Lopezes!

"Let it Go" may have those Idina/power-belt moments, but I think it's different than "Defying Gravity", and even if it is a little similar, it's still a good song. The score is much better that Disney's last attempt at an animated musical with songs by Randy "Four Chords" Newman.

I really hope the film lives up to the song score.

Updated On: 11/27/13 at 11:06 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#232Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 12:27am

I have seen Frozen in 3D today and here's what I wrote on the DVDizzy forums:

Just got back home from seeing Frozen and I have no words to what I have just seen... Not only is this the best animated film this year, but this is my second favorite Disney film of the new era (1967-present), beating out Hunchback, and it's the strongest film thus far from the films of 2009-present.

WARNING! THOUGHTS/SPOILERS ARE A COMIN!

The beginning hymn and song (Frozen Heart) is really well done and the entire events of Elsa and Anna when they were kids are paced quite well. Do You Want to Build a Snowman is very charming but quite teary eyed.

I'll say it again.. For the First Time in Forever is how you do an "I Want" song darn it. I'm looking at you Princess and the Frog and Tangled.

All the songs were great, memorable and has greatly well done lyrics by the wonderful Kristen Anderson-Lopez, but as much as I loved Fixer Upper's music and lyrics, it does feel just a little out of place in the movie but the suprise message that it's Elsa that they were talking about subtley.

The climax and it's music in that scene where Hans confronts Elsa, was the BEST DISNEY CLIMAX SINCE THE LITTLE MERMAID!!!

The art direction by Mike Giaimo and the assistance of the talented Lisa Keene is the most gorgeous looking Disney movie in DECADES! The mountains, the snow/ice, the kingdom of Arendelle, everything!

So yeah they maybe scattered thoughts as I have just seen it but darn it! It was amazing!

Great characters, wonderfully done story, amazing songs, great artistry, makes this a 9.5-10 film for me.

JohnyBroadway
#233Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 2:35am

Just returned from a late showing on the coast. Jaw dropping! That's all I have to say!

KathyNYC2
#234Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 10:56am

Does Kristen Bell do her own singing? I know all the other leads are known for being musical talents. I don't know enough about her...

kaylalydia
#235Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 11:08am

I'm pretty sure she sang it herself. She was on Broadway a while back, wasn't she?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#236Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 11:22am

According to other interviews, the soundtrack booklet, etc., she does do her own singing in the film.

JohnyBroadway
#237Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 11:29am

There was no dubbing or Singing voices for this film, which Disney has famously done in the past. Although the singing voices were spot on with the actual voice actor. But the past Disney musicals Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen, everyone did their own,

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#238Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 11:38am

Kristin Bell does have a singing background. She also sang in Reefer Madness.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

KathyNYC2
#239Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 11:49am

Thanks for the info everyone! I look forward to seeing the movie as well. Last animated film I really loved with Tangled..I hope this will wind up being another fav...

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#240Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 12:55pm

Saw it last night and absolutely adored it.

It's the first Disney movie that I've seen that I am WAY too familiar with the actresses voice, so it took me a little while to adjust to Idina Menzels voice to an animated character.

But it was truly beautiful and Let It Go is STILL stuck in my head.

This movie restored my faith in Disney! Finally not another "woman spends 90 minutes looking for a man" Disney film!

#241Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 3:29pm

It truly was the most gorgeous looking Disney film in ages. It sounded wonderful as well, and I liked that there were a few moments where they managed to avoid using the same old fairytale cliches.

I though Idina's voice didn't really fit her character at the beginning, but once her look changed it fit fine.

I agree with Musical Master about "Fixer Upper" feeling totaly random and out of place for the moment, but it didn't really bother me too much.

beautywickedlover
#242Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 4:53pm

It's off to a great start with an opening day gross of $15.2 million. This film was in developmental hell for so many years and now with all the positive reviews and a great box-office forecast, it seems that it was worth the wait.

Box Office: 'Frozen' Opens to Stellar $15.2 Million Wednesday; 'Catching Fire' Still No. 1

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#243Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/28/13 at 8:13pm

It's also worth noting that it got a rare A+ CinemaScore. That should lead to great box office holds in the coming weeks. Can't wait to see it!

Wayman_Wong
#244Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 12:48am

Kristen Bell made her Broadway debut as Becky in 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer' (2001). Here's a clip of her and Joshua Park singing 'To Hear You Say My Name.'
Kristen Bell: 'To Hear You Say My Name'

kaylalydia
#245Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 1:00am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84VD4jn8Wrk
This is a video of her singing with her friends (I think?) So I guess she did sing in the movie.

beautywickedlover
#246Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 4:39pm

Entertainment Weekly posted the Disney Classics with posters featuring names similar to 'Tangled' and 'Frozen'.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20760034,00.html#30059548

The film's two day gross is already substantially higher than 'Tangled'. I can't wait to see it on Sunday.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/29/box-office-update-frozen-catching-fire/

musicalfool
#247Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 7:26pm

Saw the film today and I absolutely loved it. Charming, beautiful animation and the songs & singing were terrific. Worth a trip to the theater to see it!

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#248Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 8:29pm

Two words : Just right.

I saw it today. I loved every minute of it. It's beautifully animated, superbly acted and I LOVE THE SCORE. I think CGI has come really far beyond the overrated computer animation it's supposed to be. The amount of detail in this film is gorgeous.

A few thoughts :

- Kristoff looked like a blonde/white Aladdin to me.
- Best Disney score/songs in years.
- My brother found Idina's voice to be too strong for Elsa, I disagreed, since she's the strong, yet emotive and moody character.
- The snow looked like REAL SNOW. VERY detailed real snow.
- Yep, they're milking that WICKED formula for all it's worth. It's basically WICKED with very few bits and piece from the original fairytale. VERY few.
- The end of "Let It Go" was one of my favorite moments in the film, animation-wise.
- I had a fashion squee over Elsa's ice dress, cape, and shoes.
- I feel like the cons of the light irony of Kristen Bell's character being the modern-esque teenager to appeal to this generation were far outweighed by the pros.
- I liked "Fixer Upper". Random? Yeah. Catchy? Oh yeah. Adorable and not annoyingly out of place? Yep yep.
- I didn't ball my eyes out during "Let It Go", like I thought I would since Idina has that effect on me, but I did the laughter-through-tears thing after "In Summer". That was a cute moment.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#249Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 9:32pm

My theater gasped at the twist.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Videos