pixeltracker

Streisand Gypsy is still on....- Page 10

Streisand Gypsy is still on....

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#225Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 2:47pm

I highly doubt Daisy is being looked at for June? She's MUCH more of a Louise. You can't deny that.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#226Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:07pm

Abe Vigoda could've made a comeback as Rose's father had he held on a little longer...

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#227Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:14pm

I for one am very excited about this, it's unfortunate that she didn't make more musicals in her heyday, but seeing her as Rose, even now, I believe will be incredible!

and as far as her father goes, how about Dick Van Dyke?

Dollypop
#228Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:39pm

Yes, Loretta Swit would be a marvelous Electra. Her glorious talents would light up the screen. Pia. Zadora as Mazeppa. Oh yeah!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 4/12/16 at 04:39 PM

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#229Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:42pm

Not that this would ever happen but I'd love to see, Patti (Mazeppa), Bernadette (Tessie), and Tyne (Electra) play the strippers! And throw in Angela as Ms.Crachitt and you've got all of the living Broadway Rose's!   

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#230Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:44pm

lovebwy said: "Yeah, I suppose. I just fear this will be the final nail in the coffin of movie musicals."

What do you mean by final nail in the coffin of movie musicals? Movie musicals are more popular than they have been in over 2 decades.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#231Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 6:23pm

Streisand Gypsy is still on....

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#232Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 6:57pm

I guess I'm glad lovebwy's obnoxious comments about the London cast were deleted but, with the responses gone now too, he'll probably carry on not seeing the error of his ways. You don't have to be quite so delete-happy, BWW.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#233Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 7:02pm

Sorry, but those ladies in the London version were very very harsh looking to these eyes. And that's being kind!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#234Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 7:17pm

"Not that this would ever happen but I'd love to see, Patti (Mazeppa), Bernadette (Tessie), and Tyne (Electra) play the strippers! And throw in Angela as Ms.Crachitt and you've got all of the living Broadway Roses!

I love this idea so much. I agree that it would never happen, but it would be reason alone to make this movie.

I have felt this project was silly and that Barbra is simply too old since it was first announced. But I have to admit, she's starting to wear me down. It's not like anyone else is going to get a Gypsy film made anytime soon, and I would love to see her take on the role. And the idea of her bookending her film career with this role does seem like it would be satisfying. So maybe I can ignore her age. Maybe they will make her look almost believable. Maybe it could be the best of the Gypsy film adaptations, which isn't saying much, but still!

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#235Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 7:46pm

For Gods sake woman just make the fvckin' movie so we can all start having opinions about something/one else.

Too old too young no voice dubbed[now that WOULD be something] too much surgery and then all the supporting cast will be wrong and so and so would have been soooo much better.

Why pay a director when they can get all the advice about anything here for free.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#236Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/12/16 at 8:05pm

SweetLips said: "For Gods sake woman just make the fvckin' movie so we can all start having opinions about something/one else.

Too old too young no voice dubbed[now that WOULD be something] too much surgery and then all the supporting cast will be wrong and so and so would have been soooo much better.

Why pay a director when they can get all the advice about anything here for free.

"

Honey child, my ONLY advice would be for her NOT to do it AT ALL!

Wilmingtom
#237Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:37am

So we open on Rose's funeral.  June (Bernadette) and Louise (Cher) are present when Herbie (Prof. Irwin Corey) arrives.  Take it from there, kids.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#238Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 9:57am

I don't get the hatred here. She's a fantastic  actress, and while the singing is doubtful at her age - she was one of the best singers ever. Forget funny girl, her version of "Hello Dolly" alone makes me so happy! She emotes in every single word she sings. You're a bad person if you didn't cry along Yentl. She played a much younger Dolly on screen (I didn't buy the sadness in her life, her character seemed far too young to be as mystical and popular as it was), but folks saw the movie and quite a few liked it too. She can totally pull off Rose. They don't do the greatest job of it on stage, but the character does age a few years through the course of the story.

They're revising the book. This movie will fit her like a glove.

And I think they should get Meryl Streep to play one of the strippers. And add Bette Midler to the list of past Roses who could join the ranks of Tyne / Patti / Bernadette to be a fan favorite for one of the stripper roles, too. She'd probably even do it for the extra publicity it will give her Hello Dolly next year.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/13/16 at 09:57 AM

Tom5
#239Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 10:03am

To reiterate for a final time this is absolutely doable as a filmed TV special. There's no reason in the script that I can think of that Barbra couldn't play Madame Rose as someone of 60 (Do the math, it fits). It also would be better (and garner higher ratings) than the "live" version of Peter Pan last year. But to do this as a large format feature film would be total insanity, unless a studio was willing to lose maybe tens of millions.  (For a feature I think Brother Theodore would be better than Professor Irwin Corey.)

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#240Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 11:18am

Barbra has said she plans to employ post-production techniques to make her look younger, as has been implied earlier in this thread.

They used such techniques on Meryl in the 2nd half of INTO THE WOODS, after her transformation, and it largely worked. (WOODS' setting in a fairy tale could have helped justify Meryl porcelain complexion, given the cinematography was equally painterly.) That said, I imagine it's quite costly for what is bound to be a film with a modest budget.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#241Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 11:22am

Pal Joey, thank you thank you, thank you for that photo!!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Peter2 Profile Photo
Peter2
#242Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 11:55am

fashionguru_23 said: "Pal Joey, thank you thank you, thank you for that photo!!"

Haha, made my day too!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#243Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 12:07pm

PalJoey said: Streisand Gypsy is still on....

This photo is all kinds of bat-shit cray-cray....I friggin' love it!! 

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#244Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 12:08pm

Pal Joey, that made my day!

Valentina3 "You're a bad person if you didn't cry along Yentl."

I don't cry, I laugh through the completely over wrought, self indulgent schmaltz fest that is Yentl.  When my step son was in college, he and his friends would take road trips together. If somebody fell asleep during the drive, their punishment would be to watch the same amount of Yentl as they had slept. If they slept an hour, they had to watch Yentl for an hour. They couldn't think of a worse punishment and I agree.

Peter2 Profile Photo
Peter2
#245Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:06pm

CarlosAlberto said: "This photo is all kinds of bat-shit cray-cray....I friggin' love it!! "

I love the idea of Kirk Douglas as Herbie. (Let Travolta play Tulsa.)

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#246Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 2:03pm

Pal Joey, you've outdone yourself. Just love the ad. And I can already hear Professor Irwin Corey's voice saying, "You ain't gettin' eighty eight cents from me Rose!"   

The Other One
#247Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 6:32pm

If she goes through with this, if anyone actually finances it, Austin Pendleton should play Herbie. 

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#248Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 4/13/16 at 10:17pm

In the long run, I have no problem with her doing the part. It's the extremely awful John Travolta that scares me. He does one part and only one part well, stupid, dumb hood.. Anyone who saw his horrible performance in the movie "Hairspray" knows his limitations. The film would be perfect except for him.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#249Streisand Gypsy is still on....
Posted: 7/14/16 at 2:52pm

Here she is, boys! Filming to begin in 2017.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Videos