pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 11

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Fosse76
#250Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:37pm

LJD123 said: "Same happened to me! Got 4 w presale yesterday and wanted to take grandparents and had 4 tix today, wouldn't let me buy them, said it would put me over my tix limit. Must be 6 for entire run???"

If true that is completely ridiculous. 

MyLife
#251Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:53pm

Fosse76 said: "LJD123 said: "Same happened to me! Got 4 w presale yesterday and wanted to take grandparents and had 4 tix today, wouldn't let me buy them, said it would put me over my tix limit. Must be 6 for entire run???"

"

Or it's 6 for this block released (March 2018 to March 2019)

barcelona20
#252Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:58pm

Broadway Joe said: "barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

You can transfer your tickets at anytime, you just can't view them on your phone as a mobile ticket until 2 days prior.
"

The transfer tickets button is grayed out, and I get this message when I click on it.

Transfer My Tickets Alert

The Transfer My Ticket feature is not available for these tickets.

Anyone else??

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#253Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:04pm

barcelona20 said: "Broadway Joe said: "barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

You can transfer your tickets at anytime, you just can't view them on your phone as a mobile ticket until 2 days prior.
"

The transfer tickets button is grayed out, and I get this message when I click on it.

Transfer My Tickets Alert

The Transfer My Ticket feature is not available for these tickets.

Anyone else??
"

Odd, my tickets for June are grayed out but the ones I got yesterday for February aren't. I'm thinkng maybe it needs a day for the credit card payment to be posted and then you can transer them. 

Updated On: 2/8/18 at 04:04 PM

AllThatJazz2
#254Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:11pm

Broadway Joe said: "barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

"

After reading the Harry Potter Ticketmaster FAQ online and speaking to a Ticketmaster agent to clarify, it appears that if any tickets are transferred (even if they started out as mobile tickets), they become "Will Call only" tickets, and can be picked up from the box office up to 72 hours prior to the performance. Partly to cut down on resale, I imagine, though it seems somewhat silly.

According to the same agent, you also apparently won't be able to use the "transfer ticket" button for these - if you plan to transfer, you have to contact Ticketmaster either through Live Chat or the phone and do it that way. 

Harry Potter & The Cursed Child Ticket FAQ

barcelona20
#255Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:19pm

Thanks! It's nice that they let you return tickets as well if needed.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#256Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:19pm

I have no clue then, the transfer button works for my tickets I got yesterday. I went through the steps to try it out. Yet today with the tickets I got today I can't. I'm not worried about it yet since it's so far off anyway.

MyLife
#257Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:20pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "Broadway Joe said: "barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

"

After reading the Harry Potter Ticketmaster FAQ online and speaking to a Ticketmaster agent to clarify, it appears that if any tickets are transferred (even if they started out as mobile tickets), they become "Will Call only" tickets, and can be picked up from the box office up to 72 hours prior to the performance. Partly to cut down on resale, I imagine, though it seems somewhat silly.

According to the same agent, you also apparently won't be able touse the "transfer ticket" button for these - if you plan to transfer, you have to contact Ticketmaster either through Live Chat or the phone and do it that way.

"

I read that as they will be available at the box office starting 72 hours prior to the performance, meaning you can pick them up day of. Saying "up to 72 hours prior" means you have to pick them up more than 3 days in advance.

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#258Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:32pm

Seating question... so, during all of the chaos/errors, I somehow ended up with two sets of tickets for the same weekend (one on Saturday and one on Sunday).  One set is for Dress Circle Center Row C Seats 114-116.  The other is for Dress Circle Left Row C Seats 1-5.  Anyone know which would be better seats for this theatre/show? 

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#259Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:36pm

MyMeredithMonster said: "Seating question... so, during all of the chaos/errors, I somehow ended up with two sets of tickets for the same weekend (one on Saturday and one on Sunday). One set is for Dress Circle Center Row C Seats 114-116. The other is for Dress Circle Left Row C Seats 1-5. Anyone know which would be better seats for this theatre/show?"

Your Center tickets are better overall but your Left Seat 1 ticket is on the aisle, so it's your preference.

Updated On: 2/8/18 at 04:36 PM

AllThatJazz2
#260Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 4:37pm

MyLife said: "AllThatJazz2 said: "Broadway Joe said: "barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

"

According to the same agent, you also apparently won't be able touse the "transfer ticket" button for these - if you plan to transfer, you have to contact Ticketmaster either through Live Chat or the phone and do it that way.

"

I read that as they will be available at the box office starting 72 hours prior to the performance, meaning you can pick them up day of. Saying "up to 72 hours prior" means you have to pick them up more than 3 days in advance.
"

That would be my wording error. You can pick tickets up beginning 72 hours prior to the performance date. So you can show up day of to get your tickets, but can't head to the box office a week early. 

Nycat63
#261Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 5:01pm

After looking at a few "view from my seats" at similarly numbered orchestra seats to mine (22 and 24 - was worried about being far off to the side), it occurs to me that these pictures would have been taken when there was still a large center orchestra section.  Presumably, the side sections would still have started with numbers 1 and 2 (depending on L or R), so 22 and 24 would have been pretty far off center.  Given that they are taking out the center of the orchestra and only having Orch L and Orch R, am I correct that similarly numbered seats in pictures from Paramour and On the Town are going to look further to the side than our seats for HP?  I would think they aren't going to have a massive aisle in between, so the seating will be more compressed.  If that's the case, I don't mind where I am so much.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#262Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 5:07pm

Anyone who saw it London have any inkling as to where the "Friday Forty" seats would be located? The website says "best seats in the house", so, I'm assuming front orchestra / front dress circle? Any insight appreciated! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#263Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 5:15pm

Nycat63 said: "After looking at a few "view from my seats" at similarly numbered orchestra seats to mine (22 and 24 - was worried about being far off to the side), it occurs to me that these pictures would have been taken when there was still a large center orchestra section. Presumably, the side sections would still have started with numbers 1 and 2 (depending on L or R), so 22 and 24 would have been pretty far off center. Given that they are taking out the center of the orchestraand only having Orch L and Orch R, am I correct that similarly numbered seats inpictures from Paramour and On the Town are going to look further to the side than our seats for HP? I would think they aren't going to have a massive aisle in between, so the seating will be more compressed. If that's the case, I don't mind where I am so much."

I think I'm on the same wavelength as you. Because my seat is 25 and I looked it up and this is 23 in the Orch, which is more middle of the row than on the outside.

Bossman
#264Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 5:24pm

After not getting an access code either times and being absolutely sure I would have to go the StubHub route to get any decent seats, I was able to get Dress Circle Row A Seats 105-108 for a Sunday in May.  I'm pretty excited.  I think the process was more nerve wracking than it had to be but I'm satisfied with the end result.  Does any one know for sure what row the Dress Circle will overhang the orchestra?     

ak72090
#265Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 5:50pm

Pulled the trigger on the cheapest tickets I could find today and still ended up spending 852 total for two in November 18. Called back and cancelled, I just can’t justify that price. Decided I’ll grt a hotel for a night and see Spongebob again instead. Screw these prices. I am very happy for everyone that scored hem though.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#266Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 6:15pm

LimelightMike said: "Anyone who saw it London have any inkling as to where the "Friday Forty" seats would be located? The website says "best seats in the house", so, I'm assuming front orchestra / front dress circle? Any insight appreciated! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread"

In London, Friday Forty tix were always first 2 rows of orchestra. 

AmeliaBedelia
#267Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 7:51pm

If anyone's still looking for tickets for less than $160 per part, I'm seeing a ticket in center balcony row D for $130 per part on November 29 and 30. I would totally go for it, but I can't stomach paying anything over $120 for a show and I already have $20 seats for back of balcony I got yesterday.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#268Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 8:10pm

LesWickedly said: "I have a simpler wish. I wish they had a seating map with the seats numbered or at least what number the row ends at."

This might not be exactly what you’re looking for, Les, but the new seating chart indicates that the orchestra seat numbers begin on the Center aisle and then go up in odd/even numbers as you move in. So higher numbers might not be as off to the side as we might initially think. 

Updated On: 2/8/18 at 08:10 PM

LJD123
#269Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 8:20pm

MyLife said: "Fosse76 said: "LJD123 said: "Same happened to me! Got 4 w presale yesterday and wanted to take grandparents and had 4 tix today, wouldn't let me buy them, said it would put me over my tix limit. Must be 6 for entire run???"

"

Or it's 6 for this block released (March 2018 to March 2019)
"

Yes, either way I was unable to get the tickets today for Feb 2019 since I got 4 tix yesterday during presale w a code.  

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#270Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 8:36am

kade.ivy said: "the new seating chart indicates that the orchestra seat numbersbegin on the Center aisle and then go up in odd/evennumbersas you move in. So higher numbers might not be as off to the side as we might initially think."

Is the new (HP-specific) seating chart online somewhere?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#271Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 8:55am

Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "the new seating chart indicates that the orchestra seat numbersbegin on the Center aisle and then go up in odd/evennumbersas you move in. So higher numbers might not be as off to the side as we might initially think."

Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site. 
"

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#272Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:16am

Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "the new seating chart indicates that the orchestra seat numbersbegin on the Center aisle and then go up in odd/evennumbersas you move in. So higher numbers might not be as off to the side as we might initially think."

"

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#273Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:17am

kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

Thanks; it didn't display here for me, but I found it on the website.

I hate seating charts like this because they don't really tell you where the seats are. For example, it shows that orchestra seat 1 is on the center isle, but that's it. There's no indication as to how high the numbers run in each row.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 2/9/18 at 09:17 AM

chewbaca
#274Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:27am

I scoured the internet yesterday in search of seat numbers within rows especially in the orchestra. Where I had to wait the 20,000 people in the cue before me, I was in hope of getting one of the $199 seats and getting it in the first 15 rows of the orchestra but not too far on the side. As we all know the Lyric is still undergoing renovation. The L,R,C routine seating plan that once existed, is now broken up into two larger orchestra sections with an aisle between them (how large I do not know).  There is currently no theater diagram to indicate the number or the numbered seats for how  each row ends (just the beginning in the orchestra on the aisle starts with 1,3,5... or 2,4,6... on the other side of the isle. I was given row L seats 29,31 and was curious if I was at the end of the row, or just near the end of the row, and where the cutoff was for the more expensive seats within my row. What I was able to do, was find out that seat 33 seemed to be at or very near the end of the row (at least in row L of the orchestra). I did this by going in and trying to buy a single seat in the orchestra (as if any are left anyway). Seems the highest number I could get on the “odd side of orchestra was 33. The even side highest number I could get in the orchestra was 32.These may not be the most distant seat from center, but it is the best that I can figure. You would think that spending $850 for 2 seats would entitle you to find out exactly where you are sitting rather than just hoping and guessing. But the seating chart is a sham, not giving you the seat numbers or even the end of the isle seat numbers.

Whether the length of the isles enlongate as you go further back, I cannot tell you. It also appears that the premium seats begin in the center aisle and end approx at seat 23-25, or 24-26 and are $100 more per seat (above my price point). So just being 3 or 4 seats further than the premium seats made me feel a bit better, but not if we are obstructed in any way. Good luck to all.

Videos