#301Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 4:49pm

Direct link: https://www.facebook.com/samlips12/posts/895411250490034

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#302Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 7:55pm

With the Broadway show closed, it would be nice if they updated their website to list the tour cast. Also, does anyone know if they tour will continue past August??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#303Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 8:40pm

Yes I wished they put the tour cast on the website too! and Thanks for the link!

trpguyy
#304Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 8:53pm

While it's an old itinerary, the IATSE website shows tour bookings through the end of September, and it's a safe bet that year 2 is being/already booked.

ElphabaGoodman
#305Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 9:07pm

The tour is booked for Houston in October.

ncgator
#306Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 9:42pm

I didn't see this posted, but there was an interesting segment on CBS Sunday Morning about the tour:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pippin-goes-on-the-road/

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#307Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 10:19pm

Also on the Pippin website its says that more dates are to come!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#308Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:16pm

based on the IATSE website, it has the Pippin tour going to Japan from Sept. 1 - 20, then Portland from Sept. 22 - 27. The Houston stop is from Oct. 20 - 25.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#309Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 12:36am

speaking of tour understudies, here's the u/s board from tonight's performance:

PIPPIN tour - 1/10/15

Updated On: 1/10/15 at 12:36 AM

Visceral_Fella
#310Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 3:37am

Wow, Lisa Karlin is getting to perform as the LP an awful lot.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#311Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:28pm

I was told this is Lucie's last week as well. What the hell is going on with this tour? I mean, is it not possible to book performers for the entire first leg. Jesus.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#312Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 12:30pm

Lucie and Kyle were always leaving now. The tour is going into that phase now where it is a week here and a week there. If you look at their schedule their sit-downs are almost done. I can't imagine it is easy or that Lucie Arnaz would want to do that.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#313Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 1:06pm

It's irritating for theatergoers like myself who are attending these later legs. We're enticed with big casting announcements and reminder advertisements from our local presenters throughout the year. "[Presenter] is excited to have [name] come to [city] when [show] arrives next February!"

But when February rolls around, [name] isn't with the tour anymore.

Not exactly fair to be excited to see a performer, then have them leave the week before the show gets to you.

At least say from the beginning that [name] will be performing through the [city] leg, with replacement casting to be announced.

I know the majority of people attending tours are subscribers who don't really care, but it's frustrating for people like me who follow the industry more closely and know what we just missed out on.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 1/14/15 at 01:06 PM

trpguyy
#314Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 1:51pm

Have local presenters beyond *actually* been billing KDM or Lucie Arnaz? I haven't seen that to be the case.

They DO however, keep using publicity photos of the original Broadway company, so if you were upset you weren't seeing Patina Miller, you might have a valid argument.

magwln
#315Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 4:34pm

Just saw via Molly Tynes's instagram that she is going out on tour as Fastrada "for a few weeks." Any word on Sabrina Harper? Is she injured?

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#316Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 4:36pm

The Cleveland presenter PlayhouseSquare has advertised Lucie Arnaz, and their Facebook posted about her too. Particularly when the tour casting was announced.

That's using her name as a selling point, when now she won't be in Cleveland.

The Official "Pippin" Facebook posted a message when Kyle joined the tour and while they did say "For a limited time," the same message said something like "Get your tickets now!" and provided ticket links to ALL tour stops.

Of course they didn't say "For a limited time through Rochester, January 18" because they want to try to sell more tickets. That's misleading advertising.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#317Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 4:42pm

SBFLY; Maybe she is on for Cleveland? There really is not a official word out. Why not ask the Facebook page?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#318Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 4:53pm

Yikes. On her page it does say she leaves this weekend. I wonder who is taking over?
luciearnaz.com

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#319Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 5:57pm

I'm curious as well. I wouldn't be suprised if Lopez or even Annie Potts came to do it for a bit.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#320Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 6:26pm

Cleveland is one of the biggest markets in the country and Arnez was promoted heavily when tickets went on sale. It doesn't help that there is no tour website with a current cast listing. Cleveland Playhouse Square (the second largest theatre complex in the country after Lincoln Center) is going to have a lot of pissed ticketholders. They are expecting Lucie Arnez.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

nikkitax
#321Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 6:37pm

Priscilla Lopez will be joining the tour next week.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#322Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 6:55pm

Does anyone know what happened to Kyle Selig? Wasn't he supposed to play Pippin originally? I remember they even had him here in Chicago to promote the show.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JohnyBroadway
#323Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 7:16pm

Kyle was fired from the production. The reason however, has never been fully mentioned.

Nikeca Profile Photo
Nikeca
#324Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 9:04pm

I think that he had a fight im not sure.

Videos