pixeltracker

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews- Page 15

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#350NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 8:53pm

Create a twitter account that you only use for stuff like this?

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#351NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 9:40pm

I've been entering multiple Social Toaster lotteries using my Twitter for months now and have not had any problems. 

Mediamaven2
#352NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 10:37pm

haterobics said: "Create a twitter account that you only use for stuff like this?

ahhh I like that idea. Maybe will try that. Thanks collective brain.

"

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#353NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 7:52pm

Josh groban is not performing tonight. Not sure if he performed the matinee? Lots of disappointed people lining up for refunds. I'm going to stay and see it. Scott Stangland is Pierre. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#354NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 7:56pm

no Josh tonight would probably also explain why the show was at TKTS for 50% off.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

slumdogdelaware
#355NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 8:26pm

I had a ticket for tonight, and usually I would stay, but I spend a lot of money on this damn ticket haha. Calling Telecharge tomorrow to exchange for another date. It was really sad seeing the disappointed people outside the theatre who wouldn't be able to come back another night.

Ortensiah
#356NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:21pm

A Canadian in NYC said: "Josh groban is not performing tonight. Not sure if he performed the matinee? Lots of disappointed people lining up for refunds. I'm going to stay and see it. Scott Stangland is Pierre. 

"

What did you think of Scott as Pierre? I was at the matinee and Josh was there. 

Theatrefan2
#357NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:30pm

Out the first week.  What a great way to start the run.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#358NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:43pm

Yes, because missing one show is the harbinger of the rest of the run.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#359NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:55pm

I was also at tonight's. This was my third time seeing the show, so I was open to seeing another Pierre. However, it was my friend's first time and she was disappointed to miss Groban. 

I must say that I found Scott's performance to be very disappointing. We were optimistic due to his history with the show, but he just wasn't as good. His acting was great, but vocally he couldn't handle Dust and Ashes and a few other moments in the show. (I know the song was written for Josh, so that must be a challenge). 

By no means did he ruin the show though! He was still good and we had a wonderful night. The show itself still shines :)

"In here, life is beautiful"

A Canadian in NYC
#360NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:06am

Ortensiah said: "A Canadian in NYC said: "Josh groban is not performing tonight. Not sure if he performed the matinee? Lots of disappointed people lining up for refunds. I'm going to stay and see it. Scott Stangland is Pierre. 

"

What did you think of Scott as Pierre? I was at the matinee and Josh was there. 

I thought Scott was really good, however I've not seen it before so I have nothing to gauge him by. My friend elected for a refund as she was only there to see Josh. How strange that he was at the matinee and not evening?  It was disappointing to be sure but I still really enjoyed the production. I don't think I'll go back so I'll have to be content with not seeing Josh. 

broadwayindie
#361NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:10am

Was there tonight! Although I haven't seen Groban, Scott is both an incredible vocalist and actor. He completely embodied the role of Pierre, it was effortless and incredible. His voice is actually reminiscent to that of Groban's in certain areas especially in "The Great Comet of 1812." The thing is Scott's voice is a rock voice and he growls a lot (I don't know if Groban does the same) but it makes it at times unpleasant but at others fitting for his character and brings in a lot of emotion. Because the role is so tiny, I honestly would have been much more disappointed if Denee, Lucas, Amber, Brittain or anyone else was out (though I'm sure their understudies are also fantastic). Scott was definitely worth my full price ticket and I was not disappointed.

Additionally it is worth noting that at the orchestra was 30% empty which means that even with the NY Times review that at this point Groban is still the big draw for this show. I think in due time the fan base will be so die hard and a lot of the same people will be seeing it again and again and word of mouth will also be very helpful.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#362NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:12am

Any word on if we'll be getting a new cast recording?

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#363NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:17am

broadwayindie said: "Was there tonight! Although I haven't seen Groban, Scott is both an incredible vocalist and actor. He completely embodied the role of Pierre, it was effortless and incredible. His voice is actually reminiscent to that of Groban's in certain areas especially in "The Great Comet of 1812." The thing is Scott's voice is a rock voice and he growls a lot (I don't know if Groban does the same) but it makes it at times unpleasant but at others fitting for his character and brings in a lot of emotion. Because the role is so tiny, I honestly would have been much more disappointed if Denee, Lucas, Amber, Brittain or anyone else was out (though I'm sure their understudies are also fantastic). Scott was definitely worth my full price ticket and I was not disappointed.

I agree that Scott did the final scenes very well. I got chills when I saw his face look up at the Great Comet. I guess most of my complaints are with Dust and Ashes. Josh just SLAYS that song both vocally and emotionally 

"

"In here, life is beautiful"

Sic Parvis Magna
#364NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 1:32am

I was wondering, did they start collecting for Broadway Cares? I know that they weren't earlier since they were still in previews, so they didn't collect last week, but I was hoping to get a signed playbill next time I'm in town. 

willep
#365NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 7:22am

icecreambenjamin said: "Any word on if we'll be getting a new cast recording?"

Yeah, it's been confirmed.

A Canadian in NYC
#366NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/17/16 at 9:24am

Sic Parvis Magna said: "I was wondering, did they start collecting for Broadway Cares? I know that they weren't earlier since they were still in previews, so they didn't collect last week, but I was hoping to get a signed playbill next time I'm in town. 

No they didn't. 

Roscoe
#367NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 11:44am

Groban was out last night.  No announcement before the show, no note inserted in the program, no word of any kind, but they did send out an e-mail at 7:30 p.m., a half hour after the show started, with information about exchanges/refunds.  Not well handled, guys.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#368NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 11:49am

That's awful, Roscoe. Sorry to hear how poorly that was handled for your performance... 

getatme
#369NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 11:52am

It was listed on the understudy board that the role of Pierre would be played by Scott Stangland. Also, every security guard was outside the theater telling people that Josh Groban wouldn't be performing.

Roscoe
#370NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:05pm

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 11/18/16 at 12:05 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#371NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:07pm

Yikes, when an above-the-title star like Groban is out, you owe it to the audience members- most of whom are probably there solely because of Groban- to let them know in a better way. The cast board is not effective. An email is not effective. A stuffer and an announcement are necessary. Hell, if this was due to an emergency and there wasn't time for a stuffer, an announcement is especially necessary.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 11/18/16 at 12:07 PM

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#372NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:10pm

getatme said: "It was listed on the understudy board that the role of Pierre would be played by Scott Stangland. Also, every security guard was outside the theater telling people that Josh Groban wouldn't be performing."

I thought that Equity required two of three means of notification - lobby board, playbill insert, or public announcement. Is email now considered one of the allowable notifications?

Updated On: 11/18/16 at 12:10 PM

slumdogdelaware
#373NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:22pm

It’s weird. So I had a ticket for the Wednesday, Nov. 16th performance at 8 o’clock, which Groban was out for. I had no notice, no e-mails, no calls from Telecharge – only to find them handing out papers about it once I got to the theatre. I have since gotten a refund for that ticket and am now going to a Dec. performance.

However, the weird thing is that I got an e-mail YESTERDAY around 5:30 p.m. telling me that Groban would be out and they were letting me know since I had a ticket for the Nov. 17th performance (which I did not, after triple-checking).

I don’t get what happened, but someone needs to crack the whip over at Telecharge.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#374NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/18/16 at 1:43pm

slumdogdelaware said: "However, the weird thing is that I got an e-mail YESTERDAY around 5:30 p.m. telling me that Groban would be out and they were letting me know since I had a ticket for the Nov. 17th performance (which I did not, after triple-checking)."

Reply and tell them to rebook you for February. Spread them out. NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews

Videos