News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 15

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Kkraw1024
#350Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 12:50pm

I read something about Asher not liking her absences.

Don't the clues also lead back to Phillipa Soo?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#351Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:09pm

Benanti and Sher looked pretty chummy when he dropped by her dressing room in this interview around 10:15

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 01:09 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#352Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:16pm

What clues are we working with other than it not being "Kara, Betsy, Emily, Annaleigh, Sierra or Laura (Osnes)"? 

broadwayboy223
#353Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:25pm

I don't remember I thought there were a few more, but I can't find them now. Honestly I'd be happy if it's Carmen, Kelli, Laura Michelle Kelly, or even Pippa. For some reason though I feel like Pippa needs to be in the Carousle revival as Carrie. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#354Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:31pm

The other clue was that the actress was "both...?" a theatre and television actress.

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 01:31 PM

BeingAlive 2
#355Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 1:49pm

Updated On: 10/2/18 at 01:49 PM

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#356Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:26pm

Denée is an interesting choice, but I was really hoping for Benanti. Laura Benanti would have been an automatic ticket purchase and booking plane tickets immediately kind of deal. Now it's just a wait and see when I get up to NY to see the show with no urgency. What a bummer!

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#357Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:32pm

Guys I have it from a very good source that it's Lauren Ambrose.

BroadwayConcierge
#358Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:35pm

poisonivy2 said: "Guys I have it from a very good source that it's Lauren Ambrose."

I maintain...who? Also, she's less than a year away from 40, so why?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#359Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:35pm

Can we stop giving Laura attitude for her absences in She Loves Me?  She was secretly pregnant for a good portion of the run.  It's not like that's the usual case with her.

Also, I love Carmen, but isn't she a bit up in years for the part?  She reads much older than she really is.  At this point, I'm rooting for Phillipa or Denee, but it will probably be Laura Michelle Kelly, which is kind of a boring choice.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#360Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:41pm

Guys, stop bombarding my inbox with PMs. I hardly ever post here anymore so I don't check them. A couple things - After years of posting here (whether you like me or not), you know I only post rumors or casting info if they've been pretty much 100% verified as true. And sometimes things happen where after I get some info, things change. So that's where we're at as of right now. 

GeorgeandDot
#361Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 2:46pm

I just want to say that the word on the street from several friends of mine that still work in the business was that it was Benanti.  I had been hearing about how she had been cast for weeks.  Now everyone's kind of flabbergasted. Jordan,  Were you under the impression that it Benanti as well? 

It's odd that almost everyone I know was told that it was Benanti and it turned out not to be.  Strange.

BroadwayConcierge
#362Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 3:13pm

Me every time I open this thread and there's no new or concrete information beyond vague rumor stirring:

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

BeingAlive 2
#363Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 3:15pm

I agree GeorgeandDot it is very strange, especially after what Jordan said. Is it at all in any way possible that Benanti is doing it and they're trying to keep her casting under wraps until all deals are in place? I am not in the in industry so I am not sure how these things work- I only ask considering so many connected to the business seemed sure. Either way, it is sad that it doesn't look like Benanti will be doing it. Here's hoping whoever it is an exciting choice. 

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 03:15 PM

froote
#364Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 3:18pm

At this point anything is possible. Numerous people have stated that they've heard numerous names. They can't all be right.

I'm giving up until an official announcement.

brian1973
#365Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:12pm

These Benanti posts are really tedious, 

she is N O T going to be Eliza. She's 38 years old which is totally wrong. I know lots of people on here think she and 

Laura Osnes are the only actresses on broadway, but I have heard there are actually others that exist,  age appropriate to the role.. who have been seen for the role. They don't need a known broadway actress for Eliza, they need the right person. And it ain't Benanti.

GeorgeandDot
#366Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:24pm

brian1973 said: "These Benanti posts are really tedious, 

she is N O T going to be Eliza. She's 38 years old which is totally wrong. I know lots of people on here think she and 

Laura Osnes are the only actresses on broadway, but I have heard there are actually others that exist,  age appropriate to the role.. who have been seen for the role. They don't need a known broadway actress for Eliza, they need the right person. And it ain't Benanti.

This is so hilariously stupid.  Benanti will always be perfect for Eliza so long as she's under the age of 40.  Her age isn't even mentioned in the dialogue, just in the stage directions.  We get that Sher probably won't cast her which is a shame, but the bitchyness radiating off of your post is insufferable.  I don't even see anyone here pushing for Laura Osnes and I haven't heard anything about her being considered for this part.  If this thread is too tedious for you maybe you should go for a nap in your crib.  Try contributing some useful to the conversation next time.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#367Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 6:10pm

I skimmed through this entire thread and wondered if anyone has considered Lisa O’Hare who just recently played the part at Lyric Opera in Chicago.

broadwayboy223
#368Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 6:32pm

I'm wondering if Benanti was cast and then they changed there minds? No offense to Lauren Ambrose, but if it is indeed her it would be pretty weird. I thought part of the reason the Funny Girl revival didn't happen was because it was to big a risk to do it without a star. And as for the show relying on Higgins as star casting I know many people including myself care far more about who Eliza is rather then Higgins 

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 06:32 PM

JIMG3
#369Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 10:09pm

poisonivy2 said: "Guys I have it from a very good source that it's Lauren Ambrose.

Bingo!!!

"

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#370Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:05pm

JIMG3 said: "poisonivy2 said: "Guys I have it from a very good source that it's Lauren Ambrose.

Bingo!!!
"

Am I completely out of the loop for not even knowing Lauren Ambrose could sing? Is there anything out there that would prove she can handle it?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
AEA AGMA SM
#372Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:35pm

broadwayboy223 said: "I'm wondering if Benanti was cast and then they changed there minds? No offense to Lauren Ambrose, but if it is indeed her it would be pretty weird. I thought part of the reason the Funny Girl revival didn't happen was because it was to big a risk to do it without a star. And as for the show relying on Higgins as star casting I know many people including myself care far more about who Eliza is rather then Higgins"

Funny Girl was originally being planned as a commercial production. Being produced by Lincoln Center, a non-profit, means that they are not as dependent on casting a bankable star since there are no investors to get cold feet without one.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#373Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:06am

GeorgeandDot said: "This is so hilariously stupid.  Benanti will always be perfect for Eliza so long as she's under the age of 40.  Her age isn't even mentioned in the dialogue, just in the stage directions. "

Yes, it is. Pickering says she's "about twenty-one." 

Jacobsnchz14, I love the idea of Lisa O'Hare doing it! She's marvelous. I wish we heard her name mentioned more often among the frontrunners.

GeorgeandDot
#374Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:22am

If it's Ambrose, I'll be buying a very cheap ticket to this one....

Why anyone would think she's an even halfway decent choice for that part escapes me.  She's 39, rather plain (all T, no shade.  She's pretty, but she's no Soo, Benanti, or Benton), and, frankly, not a very good singer.  She knows how to belt, but classical soprano....???  If they were going to cast someone over the age of 35, they should've gone with Benanti.  Hopefully, Higgins will be good.

Videos