pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 15

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

VintageSnarker
#350Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/10/17 at 8:32pm

I doubt that would be it. It's conducted by Steven Reineke and frustratingly people pull out of those NY Pops concerts all the time.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#351Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/10/17 at 9:35pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Not sure if this portends anything for Wolfe's departure date fromWaitressor if she'll just be taking a couple days off, but she's performing with Jeremy Jordan at the Houston Symphony the weekend of November 10-12.

http://www.playbill.com/article/waitress-star-betsy-wolfe-plans-symphony-concert-with-jeremy-jordan
"

This has been stated and she said that she will be out of the show that weekend. 

broadwayboy223
#352Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/10/17 at 9:49pm

I'm still weirded out about this. I know it's probably stupid, but I really was excited to see her as Carrie. 

KathyNYC2
#353Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 1:29am

ethan231h said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Not sure if this portends anything for Wolfe's departure date fromWaitressor if she'll just be taking a couple days off, but she's performing with Jeremy Jordan at the Houston Symphony the weekend of November 10-12.

http://www.playbill.com/article/waitress-star-betsy-wolfe-plans-symphony-concert-with-jeremy-jordan
"

This has been stated and she said that she will be out of the show that weekend.
"

Betsy posted on Instagram and noted she would be out of Waitress from Nov 9-12 for Houston including one travel day.  She will also be off on November 17th for her previously announced Carnegie Hall concert with the NY Pops. 

Deedee23
#354Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 7:27pm

Guys, it really is just scheduling conflicts. Since Jason Mraz is joining the show, they have to do like a month of rehearsals getting him ready - which conflicts with Carousel rehearsals, so she had to pull out. They might not have been allowed to say her scheduling conflict in the official announcement because Jason wasn't announced to join Waitress yet. 

And if you're wondering about my source, it came straight from Betsy's mouth. She was telling this girl next to me about it at the stagedoor on Saturday.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#355Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 7:37pm

That’s some what disappointing. I wonder if she extended with Waitress as well.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#356Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 7:55pm

I highly doubt a month of rehearsal. Two weeks tends to be normal and usually w stage management, dance captain and w the understudies. 

Deedee23 said: "Guys, itreally is just scheduling conflicts. Since Jason Mraz is joining the show, they have to do like a month of rehearsals getting him ready - which conflicts with Carousel rehearsals, so she had to pull out. They might not have been allowed to say her scheduling conflict in the official announcement because Jason wasn't announced to join Waitress yet.

And if you're wondering about my source, it came straight from Betsy's mouth. She was telling this girl next to me about it at thestagedoor on Saturday.
"

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#357Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 8:06pm

Deedee23 said: "Guys, itreally is just scheduling conflicts. Since Jason Mraz is joining the show, they have to do like a month of rehearsals getting him ready - which conflicts with Carousel rehearsals, so she had to pull out. They might not have been allowed to say her scheduling conflict in the official announcement because Jason wasn't announced to join Waitress yet.

And if you're wondering about my source, it came straight from Betsy's mouth. She was telling this girl next to me about it at thestagedoor on Saturday.
"

Betsy has all the right to say a white lie in order to protect herself, but unfortunately that’s not true this time, she was simply let go.

Call_me_jorge
#358Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 8:10pm

Who is your source on that?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Deedee23
#359Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 8:50pm

phan24 said: "Betsy has all the right to say a white lie in order to protect herself, but unfortunately that’s not true this time, she was simply let go."

Yeah, I'd like to know your source as well.

broadwayboy223
#360Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 8:52pm

phan24 said: "Deedee23 said: "Guys, itreally is just scheduling conflicts. Since Jason Mraz is joining the show, they have to do like a month of rehearsals getting him ready - which conflicts with Carousel rehearsals, so she had to pull out. They might not have been allowed to say her scheduling conflict in the official announcement because Jason wasn't announced to join Waitress yet.

"

Betsy has all the right to say a white lie in order to protect herself, but unfortunately that’s not true this time, she was simply let go.
"

If she was let go, like why?

KathyNYC2
#361Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 10/11/17 at 9:20pm

phan24 said: "Deedee23 said: "Guys, itreally is just scheduling conflicts. Since Jason Mraz is joining the show, they have to do like a month of rehearsals getting him ready - which conflicts with Carousel rehearsals, so she had to pull out. They might not have been allowed to say her scheduling conflict in the official announcement because Jason wasn't announced to join Waitress yet.

"

"

So Betsy has "all the right to lie to protect herself" but you have no qualms but to basically call her a liar. Nice going. 

Updated On: 10/11/17 at 09:20 PM

zerose
#362Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 9:27pm

Lindsay Mendez is the replacement - I saw her name on the Imperial digital sign tonight

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#363Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 9:43pm

"

If this IS the case, it seems silly they couldn't ask Stephanie Torns or Molly Jobe to rehearse with Jason. Doesn't exactly add up for me. 

broadwayboy223
#364Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:07pm

Tha also seems kind of fishy to me too :/ and with Lindsay Mendez being the replacement I wonder how Betsy feels since they are friends.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#365Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:10pm

This is most definitely a major a step down, but I'd love Betsy to take on different types of roles - maybe *braces for impact* Kinky Boots? It's just a funny kooky character, I'd love to see if she can prove her versatility in that way.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#366Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:16pm

Again, you can’t really be fired from a project when it hasn’t even started yet. It’s possible that she was offered the role and they couldn’t come to terms, and sthe offer was rescinded —that’s not really the same as being fired. And I’m sure she’s thrilled for her friend. It’s not personal it’s just business. Theater on Broadway is a business- remember that.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#367Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:18pm

Even if Mraz needed a month to get ready, they wouldn't be pulling their lead actress to rehearse for a month.  Most of the time, replacements don't perform with the rest of the cast until their put in.   But even in alternative cases, they would only have rehearse a time or two withthe actual leads.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#368Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:44pm

Yeah, replacements in Broadway shows get a very minimal amount of rehearsal before going on, and it usually with a combination of understudies and the stage management team. I can't blame Betsy for trying to save face with a fan at the stage door, but that is nonsense.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#369Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:49pm

The other factor that hasn’t really been brought up here is that Betsy’s salary for starring in Waitress is almost certainly considerably more what she would’ve been paid to play Carrie in Carousel. And when I say significant, it’s not hard to imagine her making double the amount in Waitress. For all we know, she put in her notice and the Weisslers offered her even more money so she decided to stay. But that is not something you share with fans at the stage door.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#370Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/12/17 at 10:55am

"the Weisslers offered her even more money"

I'm still laughing at that.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#371Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/12/17 at 11:14am

They could offer her more money and it would STILL be cheaper than what they paid Jesse Mueler (or any other name they might consider bringing in). I

THAT is how the Weisslers think.

Call_me_jorge
#372Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:18pm

WOW! They must have been desperate LOL. Lindsay Mendez

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#373Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:23pm

What Jorge?

Call_me_jorge
#374Lindsay Mendez
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:27pm

ugh. Guess that joke didn’t land.

Videos