jo
#350Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 8:38am

Please delete.

Updated On: 3/29/19 at 08:38 AM

jo
#351Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 8:50am

At 3'14", Sutton sings snatches of TILL THERE WAS YOU, seemingly unrehearsed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzbSHBHREWc

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#352Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 9:51am

Love Hugh and Sutton!  Will they be performing this together before it gets to Broadway?  Looks like maybe Chicago from Jun 2 29-Aug 4?  If so we may take a trip there, but I see no mention of them there.......

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#353Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 10:04am

Why oh why does Susan Blackwell not have a Late Night show. She's so adorable.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#354Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 10:22am

I totally agree, Valentina!!  Love her!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Matthew Hamilton2
#355Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 12:16pm

TNick926 said: "Hugh Jackman (with Laura Osnes as his Marian)in THE MUSIC MAN. This will be a monster hit just like Rudin's HELLO, DOLLY! with Bette! I, for one, can't wait! Hugh is electrifying on stage!"

Couldn't agree more! The role was made for him and his infinite charisma. 

-Matthew

https://www.mhamiltonvisuals.com/

Matthew https://www.mhamiltonvisuals.com
Updated On: 3/29/19 at 12:16 PM

ActorGuyIL
#356Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 12:28pm

ken8631 said: "Love Hugh and Sutton! Will they be performing this together before it gets to Broadway? Looks like maybe Chicago from Jun 2 29-Aug 4? If so we may take a trip there, but I see no mention of them there......."

That is the Mary Zimmerman-helmed production for the Goodman Theatre. No connection to the Jackman production.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#357Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 12:40pm

ActorGuyIL said: "ken8631 said: "Love Hugh and Sutton! Will they be performing this together before it gets to Broadway? Looks like maybe Chicago from Jun 2 29-Aug 4? If so we may take a trip there, but I see no mention of them there......."

That is the Mary Zimmerman-helmed production for the Goodman Theatre. No connection to the Jackman production.
"

Thanks!  No need for the Chicago trip then...  They won't be previewing it anywhere before Broadway then?

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#358Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 2:15pm

She's not decades older but she is just a little less then 10 years older with quite a lot more experience in the spotlight then Mueller does. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#359Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 2:18pm

ken8631 said: "ActorGuyIL said: "ken8631 said: "Love Hugh and Sutton! Will they be performing this together before it gets to Broadway? Looks like maybe Chicago from Jun 2 29-Aug 4? If so we may take a trip there, but I see no mention of them there......."

"

Thanks! No need for the Chicago trip then... They won't be previewing it anywhere before Broadway then?”

No.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#360Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/29/19 at 5:37pm

Truthfully, Sutton Foster is NEVER my first pick for any role that's been done before, but she always manages to surprise me and make me a fan of her performance. And yet...every time there's a new project with her attached, I always question it. I think there's just something about Sutton that prevents me from seeing her in a lot of things and she has to prove me wrong.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#361Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 3:10pm

I thought that Sutton just owned the theater in Anything Goes, and everyone that I know speaks highly of her. There are some Patti loyalists who claim that Sutton dissed Patti with an indirect reference to her inability to dance the whole part. I don't know. I wasn't around then.

The test for me will be whether Sutton can cause improbable tears to well up in my eyes as occurs when Shirley tells little Ronnie why she doesn't wish that Robert had never come to River City.

Niles Silvers
#362Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 5:14pm

Well, she's certainly perky.  

Hairspray0901
#363Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 5:44pm

I can not believe we are at a period in time where people don't know Sutton Foster?! I am SO thrilled she's coming back to Broadway AND in the Music Man. Can't wait to see this production.

jo
#364Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 7:54pm

OlBlueEyes said: "The test for me will be whether Sutton can cause improbable tears to well up in my eyes as occurs when Shirley tells little Ronnie why she doesn't wish that Robert had never come to River City."

Will the little boy who played  Winthrop, then a kid-actor known as Ronnie, be there on Opening Night for @MusicManBway ?  He grew up to be an excellent film director we now know as Ron Howard wink

Updated On: 3/30/19 at 07:54 PM

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#365Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:23pm

For those who go back still further, Ron Howard played the young son Opie of Andy Griffith. The latter’s show was very family-oriented and had an extended run in the 60s.

Is “Til There Was You” the most covered ballad of the Golden Age? I qualified that to not put it in conflict with “Someone To Watch Over Me.” ITunes gives up after a hundred.

Meredith Willson’ widow was famously quoted in a Times article as saying that his estate earned more money each year from royalties for the sale or broadcast of the Beatles cover of “TIl There Was You” than for licensing out the whole show.

It was Paul of course who came up with that song to record, not knowing that it was a “show tune,” but having the instinct to recognize that it would help their popularity with the parents. The song was recorded in 1963, released in the US in the “Meet the Beatles” album and performed as the second of five songs on the first Ed Sullivan Show appearance.

jo
#366Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/30/19 at 11:18pm

OlBlueEyes said: "For those who go back still further, Ron Howard played the young son Opie of Andy Griffith. The latter’s show was very family-oriented and had an extended run in the 60s.

Is “Til There Was You” the most covered ballad of the Golden Age? I qualified that to not put it in conflict with “Someone To Watch Over Me.” ITunes gives up after a hundred.

Meredith Willson’ widow was famously quoted in a Times article as saying that his estate earned more money each year from royalties for the sale or broadcast of the Beatles cover of “TIl There Was You” than for licensing out the whole show.

It was Paul of course who came up with that song to record, not knowing that it was a “show tune,” but having the instinct to recognize that it would help their popularity with the parents. The song was recorded in 1963, released in the US in the “Meet the Beatles” album and performed as the second of five songs on the first Ed Sullivan Show appearance.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoTTAi623R8

jo
#367Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/12/19 at 8:01pm

Michael Riedel has written on the NYPost that " word on the street was that Hugh Jackman was taking The Music Man to the Winter Garden next season". Because he wrote about it the day after the TONYs, there was some confusion as to which season he was referring to. In an interview, Sutton Foster confirms that rehearsals and the show are a year away, presumably with the original stated preview and opening night dates.

http://people.com/tv/the-music-mans-sutton-foster-says-costar-hugh-jackman-is-the-most-normal-down-to-earth-guy/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Updated On: 6/12/19 at 08:01 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#368Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/12/19 at 11:44pm

Is Younger done? Is this the final season?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#369Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/21/19 at 5:01pm

Anyone kind of hoping they Rudin does what he did with Hello, Dolly and has Hugh play 7 performances while having a broadway star play the 8th performance. This way we could get Norm Lewis in there.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#370Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/21/19 at 5:14pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Anyone kind of hoping they Rudin does what he did with Hello, Dolly and has Hugh play 7 performances while having a broadway star play the 8th performance. This way we could get Norm Lewis in there."

What a wonderful idea!

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#371Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/21/19 at 5:44pm

If Jackman plays a 7 performance schedule and Rudin finds an alternate for that 8th performance, I would love to see Gavin Creel in the role. He has the relationship with Rudin, terrific chemistry with Sutton, and the charm to pull it off.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#372Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/21/19 at 6:08pm

BroadwayGuy12 said: "If Jackman plays a 7 performance schedule and Rudin finds an alternate for that 8th performance, I would love to see Gavin Creel in the role. He has the relationship with Rudin, terrific chemistry with Sutton, and the charm to pull it off."

Take my money!

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#373Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/21/19 at 6:32pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Anyone kind of hoping they Rudin does what he did with Hello, Dolly and has Hugh play 7 performances while having a broadway star play the 8th performance. This way we could get Norm Lewis in there."

Or even continue like Hello Dolly that when Jackman leaves to hand Lewis the role. I wish I didn't miss him in DC and damn that would be outstanding

pac2015
#374Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 6/24/19 at 8:22am

I am excited to see Hugh Jackman in this.  I'm awaiting a ticket on-sale announcement.

Videos