pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 18

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#425HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 5:24pm

Ok, so thinking optimistically now. There are lots of bad people (scalpers) in the world, but also lots of good that will only buy what they need. Each code is eligible for six tickets for one performance. Not everyone using the codes will be buying six tickets, many will most likely buy less. Hopefully this means that all those unused tickets will open up many spots for standby. I'm sure they under sent codes for this reason, anticipating having many left over. This may be just me trying to be optimistic, but seems pretty logical. I've never been happier that I only need one ticket. 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#426HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 5:27pm

LesWickedly said: "Ok, so thinking optimistically now. There are lots of bad people (scalpers) in the world, but also lots of good that will only buy what they need. Each code is eligible for six tickets for one performance. Not everyone using the codes will be buying six tickets, many will most likely buy less. Hopefully this means that all those unused tickets will open up many spots for standby. I'm sure they under sent codes for this reason, anticipating having many left over. This may be just me trying to be optimistic, but seems pretty logical. I've never been happier that I only need one ticket."

Hear, hear! 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#427HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 5:53pm

i got a code. Might be willing to give, thinking about it not sure I have much interest in the show (yes read all the books and saw all the movies). 

Also ive sat in the last row of that theatre before - it’s a bit far but the view is fine. 

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#428HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 5:58pm

PM'd you but I think the codes are tied to your account as a verified fan.

Updated On: 10/16/17 at 05:58 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#429HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 5:59pm

JBradshaw said: "i got a code. Might be willing to give, thinking about it not sure I have much interest in the show (yes read all the books and saw all the movies).

Also ive sat in the last row of that theatre before - it’s a bit far but the view is fine.
"

You can't give your code away as it's comnected to your account. Just don't do anything with it and they're probably knock that slot/space/whatever to the Standby list.

LesWickedly
#430HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:01pm

sorano, curious to where it says that? Also makes me feel a little better if that is true.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#431HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:03pm

I figured the code would be tied to your TM account.  

Rainyday3
#432HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:05pm

So I got an email saying I got an access code in the subject, but there is no content in the email so I don't know my time.  It came through at 2:11 Eastern, so by what others posted, I think I have the 12:00 slot.  What other info should be in that email that I'm missing?

My husband got a stand-by email and his email has all kinds of info!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#433HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:07pm

Just looked at some pictures from the London theater. It appears to be smaller/more intimate  than the Lyric. I notice there is an arch framing the stage. Wondering if sitting up high it may obstruct something in some way with the top of the arch. I am thinking no since the Lyric is so big and it appears the balcony is farther back here than in Lomdon. Just a thought.

Just give the world Love.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#434HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:07pm

LesWickedly said: "sorano, curious to where it says that? Also makes me feel a little better if that is true."

It doesn't say anywhere but it's just a little commom sense.

Say there at 200 spots, 250 people got codes, and 250 were on standby. If 100 people don't use their codes, there are 50 spots now open so they would have to put from the standby list.

Also, this is on the website:

Due to exceptionally high demand, we are unable to assign everyone an Access Code or designated purchase window, resulting in registered participants to be placed on Standby. Should tickets become available, we will continue to randomly select registered participants who are on Standby to receive Access Codes. We encourage you to be prepared in advance for the best opportunity to complete your purchase, should you receive an Access Code.

LesWickedly
#435HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:12pm

None of that really is official, though, and the listing from the seat doesn’t say anything about that. If it had to be specific to your account, seems like there’d be a way to make the codes obsolete and just have the account be eligible. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#436HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:34pm

LesWickedly said: "None of that really is official, though, and the listing from the seat doesn’t say anything about that. If it had to be specific to your account, seems like there’d be a way to make the codes obsolete and just have the account be eligible."

What answer do you want? For other things on Ticketmaster, codes have been tied to the account. It's just how they do things. There are lots of speculation but all I'm stating are common sense things and what Ticketmaster has done in the past.

If a code wasn't tied to an account, it would be easy for people to buy codes from each others, leading to stockpiling of codes/tickets and scalpers. It's just a double-verification that correct people are purchasing the tickets. 

Believe what you want, then, and good luck getting tickets whichever you chose.

LesWickedly
#437HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:39pm

You see, I didn’t realize that was what Ticketmaster has done in the past. :)

@z5
#438HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:41pm

Got standby today. Not very optimistic honestly. 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#439HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:46pm

Has anyone gotten a code for later than 12pm? Curious to know whether or not after that round of sales the standby list will start receiving codes. 

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#440HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 7:03pm

Got the standby notice, not super optimistic but it's probably for the best because I'm extending my NY stay next month so I don't have a ton of extra cash right now. Still sort of bummed though.

Mediamaven2
#441HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 7:15pm

I got a code - it is for 12 noon.

Was creating a Ticketmaster account a requirement? (Just wondering about the code being tied to accounts...I don't remember, I've had TM account for some time now.)

In any event, It's not a limited engagement - will likely run for a v long time so everyone who wants to go obviously WILL at some point. Not a limited engagement like Angels or Bruce.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#442HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 7:26pm

Per the @HPPlayNYC Twitter, this first release of tickets is for performances from March 16, 2018 to November 18, 2018.

BroadwayFan5
#443HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 7:57pm

I am curious why Ticket Master doesn't give codes to all the "verified fans"

That is what verified fan is suppose to do right? Check our social media and habits to see if we are scalpers or bots. Once verified give those people a code. Not to limit the number of codes distributed. I called ticket master and they were not able to give me a straight answer as to why not everyone verified gets a code. I asked is it because they are not able to handle the traffic. They mentioned they can. So I am confused why they are doing this. I have never had trouble getting a ticket even to the hottest shows.  

This process doesn't seem very transparent. Do you think ticket master is trying to scalp the tickets themselves? They do have the reselling option on their site

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#444HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 8:06pm

Verified codes doesn't tackle scalpers. Just ticket bots. Ticketmaster doesn't care if individuals are re-selling one or two tickets (they make money on the resale anyway), they just care if someone is running a server that will buy hundreds of tickets instantly, because then actual fans won't even have ANY shot at getting these tickets. I'm not sure if this will work, but having any sort of chance is better than than having zero chance.

BroadwayFan5
#445HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 8:13pm

Yeah so verified takes out the bot

Why not give everyone that is a person a chance to buy then?

Why limit the codes distributed. You don't have a chance when you don't get the code and are put on standby. Everyone should be able to get a shot to purchase.

We all work and we don't have time to be standing by the computer hoping you get a standby code.

I am convinced Ticket Master is holding back codes because they are reselling the tickets themselves. I have never seen so many people on this forum not have a shot at getting tickets

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#446HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 8:41pm

Does anyone know how easy these tickets will be to transfer to friends and family?  For example, my Frozen tickets are digital only, so I am not sure how to let someone else use my tickets since they are linked to my Ticketmaster account and that is where the QR scan codes are.  If I buy tickets for others using my Harry Potter access code, how easy will it be for them to use them?

10086sunset
#447HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

They are also trying to control the amount of traffic on the site.

schubox
#448HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

It’s pretty annoying that I didn’t even get standby so I have 0 chance of getting tickets now. 

Edit: I tweeted at the HPplaynyc and TM asked me to DM them, so I’ll let you know if I hear anything 

Updated On: 10/16/17 at 08:41 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#449HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/16/17 at 8:56pm

LesWickedly said: "You see, I didn’t realize that was what Ticketmaster has done in the past. :)"

:) Cool, cool. Sorry if I came off strong.

Based on this Twitter poll, it looks like a majority of people were placed on Standby.

https://twitter.com/sims/status/919991773333778434

Videos