pixeltracker

Sleep No More is AMAZING- Page 19

Sleep No More is AMAZING

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#450Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/14/11 at 4:36pm

Groovy. Thank you, darling Sleep No More is AMAZING

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#451Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/14/11 at 7:24pm

I have the souvenir program, the night I got it they did not give out the paper programs.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#452Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 3:06pm

Did everyone receive the email "telegram" regarding their Halloween events? I wonder if they are doing the show with guests dressed up as required or perhaps it's something different?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#453Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 3:15pm

I just got that! I really can't think of a better way to spend Halloween, personally.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#454Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 4:04pm

I really wish I was able to afford one of the special Halloween nights, I think it'd be an amazing way to spend the holiday but $125 is really steep.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#455Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 4:13pm

Interesting- It's billed as "Danse Macabre". The requested dress code is "Truly Terrifying or All Black"
I can see some problems when u can't tell the performers from the audience.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#456Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 4:56pm

Well, the audience would still be in masks... Do you mean the audience from the black mask workers? I think the greater difficulty would be on the noir-themed night, depending on how many audience members can come up with an outfit close to the ones used in the show. Sound phenomenal- it would be really worth it if they'd keep the bar open later as well.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#457Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/25/11 at 7:02pm

This sounds intriguing--love the Saul Bass-inspired posters for each event. But I'm not sure I want to pay extra if it's the same show. They must have something up their sleeves...

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#458Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 11:19am

I'm seeing it tonight, at long last. I wish the Halloween week events weren't so much more expensive because I would've loved to have attended then.

I know most people on here have seen it already, but I'll post my review later.

merideathx Profile Photo
merideathx
#459Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 12:18pm

Yeah I'm really hoping they have something special planned...you would think they would, seeing as how from what I can tell the "telegram" only went out to those who have already seen the show (ie: bought tickets) and you need to click through the telegram to be eligible to buy for those nights.

Was going to pick up the Thursday night ones since they were only $100 (instead of $125) but looks like they've sold out now...poop.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#460Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 12:35pm

Apparently, the Thursday, 10/27, performance is already sold out, and they're not selling tickets yet for the Saturday, 10/29, "film noir formal dress" performance. Sounds intriguing, but I'm a purest at heart. I don't think this show needs the gimmick. And I can't imagine running around the place "dressed to terrify" on Halloween night. I can only imagine the craziness, and how it will, ultimately, distract from the performance. I'll pass. But I'm looking forward to checking into the McKittrick for my 5th time on my birthday in early December!

Updated On: 9/26/11 at 12:35 PM

merideathx Profile Photo
merideathx
#461Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 12:48pm

I think Film Noir was the first to sell out.... Just bought two for the sexy red night on Sunday. This will be my third time seeing the show, and as much as I love it as it is, with the increased price I *am* hoping for something a little different!

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#462Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 2:08pm

Please report back, merideathx. I'm curious as to how these special theme nights will differ from the regular performances. Have fun!

merideathx Profile Photo
merideathx
#463Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 2:16pm

Will do!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#464Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 4:16pm

It appears from the press release that the theme nights WILL feature some additional 'acts' after the regularly scheduled show:

"Each of those nights will be shaped by its own unique concept, and will feature special acts inside the venue, following regularly scheduled performances..."

So, if that's a tipping point on a price choosing for you, I guess you can count on something special added after all.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

merideathx Profile Photo
merideathx
#465Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 4:45pm

Can you link to the press release please? Thanks!

billyboyA
#466Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 5:21pm

Does anyone know which performances the really HOT actor plays MacBeth? Not the skinny goth guy with the head shaved on the sides, but the other hunky actor? He played it the night I saw it but I missed a LOT of his stuff and I'd like to see it with him again. Oh, and just so this doesn't turn into a debate about the looks of the other goth looking actor: he's a very handsome and sexy man in his own way. Definitely has sex appeal and I'm sure is also quite good in the role. I saw him there the night I was there - he was either playing another role or was just walking around adding to the environment. So I have seen him in person and he is a good looking man. I just want to see the ultra hunky one again since I missed a lot of his stuff.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#467Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/26/11 at 5:51pm

http://www.oandmco.com/blog/entry/sleep-no-more-celebrates-halloween-with-week-long-masquerade-october-26-31-/ -

That's the press release!

billboy: There's a cast gallery online you can look up: http://sleepnomorenyc.com/gallery.htm

CarWheel Profile Photo
CarWheel
#468Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/27/11 at 3:44pm

I'm so excited about the Halloween week events for this. As pointed out earlier, it looks like the only entry time for each night is 7pm and there will only be one performance (of three cycles, rather than two performances standard for weekends) followed by some sort of special performance / events that fit with the theme for the night. I got tickets for Sunday, Aphrodite's Revenge, aka the night you dress in red - all the nights sold out extremely quickly. For anyone that didn't see, here is the full week's line up (found here: http://mckittrickhotel.com/)

THURSDAY OCTOBER 27
The Darkest Shadow
Dress in your blackest attire.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 28
Night of the Apparitions
Dress in heavenly white.

SATURDAY OCTOBER 29
The Last Rendez-Vous
Dress in film-noir formal.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 30
Aphrodites Revenge
Dress provocatively, wear red.

MONDAY OCTOBER 31
La Danse Macabre
Dress to terrify.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#469Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/27/11 at 7:23pm

Can anyone message me when they find out where the new "hidden spaces" are, please? I've been 4 times, and am going a 5th time in Dec. Thanks!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#470Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 9/27/11 at 8:04pm

Just an aside...I just finished a book called "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. In the acknowledgements at the end, she thanks Punchdrunk for her experience in Boston. You can tell that this "show" was in the back of her mind as she wrote the book.

Just give the world Love.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#471Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 12/3/11 at 7:52pm

Has anyone been lately? I'd like to know about the new spaces, 6th floor or rooftop.

I also really hope they are not letting in as many audience members as possible. The first experience I had was terrifying, finding other audience members was really scary. My last experience was awful; so many people inside you had to fight your way into the rooms.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

broadwayfever
#472Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 12/6/11 at 1:52am

^The last time I went I was lucky enough to be let out on the 6th floor. Your best chance is to be the last person that gets onto the elevator, as only one person will be dropped off on the 6th floor. As soon as I exited the elevator, the usher kept all others from exiting. The door closed and I proceeded to the only door I could open. As soon as I walked in, I saw a nurse pushing an old wooden wheelchair. After following her down a hallway for a couple of steps, she stopped, turned around, and stared at me for a couple of seconds. She then grabbed my hand, sat me in the wheelchair, and proceeded to push me down the hallway.
She wheeled me into a dark room and lowered the back part of the wheelchair so that I was basically lying down facing the ceiling. She whispered a lot of different things in my ear and then very little light began to shine on the ceiling and revealed a minature sized village (3D) of a wooded area with pathways leading to a huge house. It was basically stuck to the ceiling upsided down, so that viewer could see it perfectly while lying down. The lights turned off and she began to whisper something like..."we must never forget what happened in Mandalay." Also, while viewing the village, there was audio messages being broadcast. My mind was in a different place, so I can hardly remember anything that was said. After, took me from the wheelchair and walked me over to the door. She gave me a hug and told me again never to forget mandalay and kissed me twice...once on my earlobe and once on my cheek. Then she opened the door for me and let me out.
As far as your experiences go, I would definitely recommend wandering off on your own and not following the crowds. Don't worry if scene taking place where there's a bunch of people. I have come across actors who have come into rooms in which I was the only one there....and other times where there were just 3 or 4 of us. You have a better chance of being selected for a one-on-one experience this way...I've had 4 of them so far. I hope that helps.

FindingNamo
#473Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 12/6/11 at 4:07pm

Uncage, I've been dragging myself through Night Circus and given that the author is from Salem it was clear to me she had been to Sleep No More in Brookline. I've been telling all my friends who are Punch Drunk lovers about that. Glad to hear it's in the acknowledgments.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#474Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 12/7/11 at 4:32pm

I finally saw SNM a few nights ago, and while I enjoyed walking thru the space, I always felt like I was missing something. I was in there for 2 hours and literally felt like I saw nothing. I didn't see any of the big scenes I've read on here. I tried to follow some of the few actors I did run into, but they would always disappear somewhere. It was frustrating actually. I guess alot of it is being in the right place at the right time, and being able to keep up with the cast. I'm tempted to go again, but I'm not sure it's worth the $100. Anyone else have a similar experience? Any tips?

Videos