INTO THE WOODS Reviews

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#450INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/3/22 at 9:56am

The cast will perform two songs on The Today Show this Thursday. 

Oh look, a bibu!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#451INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/3/22 at 10:12am

binau said: "Watching the Montego Glover clip my first reaction was that she seems far, far too young to play this role. But then I looked up her date of birth and it turns out she is much, much older than I realised and one of the oldest witches. Gurl looks quite good for her age haha."

To save the research, she's 48 years old and...DAMN! I'm quite literally 20 years younger than her and she makes me look decrepit by comparison lol

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

kurtal
#452INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/3/22 at 10:50am

Alternate performance schedule may be because of Yom Kippur, which starts tomorrow at sundown.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#453INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/3/22 at 1:16pm

FLarnhill said: "Allow me to share my personal Baker's Wife ranking:

1) Joanna Gleason

2) Amy Adams

3) Step. J. Block

4) Sara Bareilles

5) Sutton Foster

6) Imelda Staunton

7) Kerry O'Malley

8) Literally anyone else who's played her

9) Emily Blunt
"

Emily Blunt did a fabulous job. There's stuff to critique in the movie sure but Emily Blunt was wonderful

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#454INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 6:54am

Question - I am coming to the city November 18-21, and this is, obviously, at the top of my list of shows to see. However, Stephanie J. Block is out that entire weekend. Does anyone know who the Baker's Wife will be played by that weekend? And how are they?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

MemorableUserName
#455INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 9:23am

If they don't specify who the replacement will be, that usually means it's the understudy. For instance, on October 14 it just says Andy Karl will not be playing Rapunzel's Prince but not who's playing the part; Jason Forbach, the understudy, announced it as one of his dates on Instagram.

There's always a chance they're bringing in a bigger name for those days, but more likely it's Mary Kate Moore. She went on for Bareilles for quite a few days back in July if you want to look back through the thread for responses to her.

sppunk
#456INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 4:26pm

Saw this Saturday afternoon (finally!) Mary Kate Moore was in for Block as the Baker’s Wife and though she was phenomenal. Didn’t miss not seeing Block for a moment  

The entire experience was great fun. I was very impressed by Sebastian as the Baker and of course Patina is a wonderful Witch. 

amiyagi
#457INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 4:55pm

Any updates/rumours on cast after October 16? I know SJB said she was staying through to January. I'm planning to see it January 4th but curious to see who the cast is. 

Time2LeaveTheWoods
#458INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 5:26pm

Am I foolish to hope Heather Headley might reprise her Encores run, in even for a short stint or ::fingers crossed:: if this transfers?

goodtimes123
#459INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 7:40pm

Time2LeaveTheWoods said: "Am I foolish to hope Heather Headley might reprise her Encores run, in even for a short stint or ::fingers crossed:: if this transfers?"

Also hoping for a Heather return. 

Would LOVE for this to extend into the spring with Sara back. I wish... 

Saw the new cast a few weeks ago. All very, very good performances and worth seeing. I did leave the theater truly missing Phillipa's Cinderella, Julia's Little Red and of course Sara's Baker's Wife. There was something transcendent about this OBC. 

DearTheodosia
#460INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 9:45pm

I have a ticket for Nov. 20. I was looking forward to seeing SJB. How did you know she will be out? is it listed on the website or something?

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#461INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/4/22 at 10:44pm

Yes, it’s noted on the Into the Woods SeatGeek page.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#462INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/6/22 at 10:13am

Montego Glover, Stephanie J. Block, Sebastian Arcelus, and the company performing "Prologue: Into the Woods":

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-Watch-the-Cast-of-INTO-THE-WOODS-Perform-on-THE-TODAY-SHOW-20221006

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
BCfitasafiddle
#464INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/6/22 at 11:41am

LOVED Agony!!

Montego made me cringe...

BorisTomashevsky
#465INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/6/22 at 12:37pm

Sebastian seems totally delightful. I wish I’d seen him. May have to go back. In fact both he and Stephanie feel pretty perfect in those roles just based on that morning show performance.

Updated On: 10/6/22 at 12:37 PM

V2David
#466INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/6/22 at 1:42pm

Love this and both actors.  But I must say I miss Joshua Henry.  I saw him with Andy Karl and it was pure magic.

MadsonMelo
#467INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 12:26am

Question: Will Sara be the first person that has been nominated for Score and Acting?

MattieIce2018
#468INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 12:48am

MadsonMelo said: "Question: Will Sara be the first person that has been nominated for Score and Acting?"

Lin-Manuel Miranda has been nominated for both Best Leading Actor and Best Original Score twice, for both Hamilton and In the Heights.

Updated On: 10/7/22 at 12:48 AM

sng
#469INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 2:04am

I know they wanna feature the whole cast but what a weird choice for a tv performance. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#470INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 7:00am

sng said: "I know they wanna feature the whole cast but what a weird choice for a tv performance."

How so...? It's literally THE title number that features the whole cast and showcases what the show is...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#471INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 9:19am

anyone else optimistic that Phillipa Soo will return as Cinderella once Guys and Dolls concludes it's DC run on the 16th?

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#472INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 9:35am

bwayphreak234 said: "sng said: "I know they wanna feature the whole cast but what a weird choice for a tv performance."

How so...? It's literally THE title number that features the whole cast and showcases what the show is...
"

Yes, but it’s the same problem when Company performed on the Today Show, in my opinion - it may be the title song but that doesn’t mean it’s the best way to advertise the show. There are numbers and performances that are more enticing from these shows. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

JasonC3
#473INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 10:10am

^ Which numbers do you think would have been more enticing for a TV performances?

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#474INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 10/7/22 at 11:22am

MattieIce2018 said: "MadsonMelo said: "Question: Will Sara be the first person that has been nominated for Score and Acting?"

Lin-Manuel Miranda has been nominated for both Best Leading Actor and Best Original Score twice, for both Hamilton and In the Heights.
"

Also Anthony Newley. I imagine there might be others, in case someone wants to do some sleuthing!

Videos