pixeltracker

Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?- Page 2

Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#25Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 5:53pm

no to mention completely wrong. period.

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
#26Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 6:15pm

Laura Bell Bundy?

We have front row center tickets to see this show on Sept 29 -- the first night that the new cast member takes over.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#27Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 6:22pm

Bernadette Peters ...... she is on track to set the "miscast in the most Broadway revivals" record, so why not.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 6:28pm

Olivo actually has a great pop voice, and could probably nail those songs. But she doesn't seem "girlish" enough, she has a very "hard" personality on stage.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#29Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 6:29pm

"Someone age appropriate please!"

age schmage Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n :)

Carey Mulligan. yes, she could do it! i don't if her key would suit, but her acting is sublime.- who knew Keira Knightly would be miffed at losing part in MFL to her. I didn't know Keira could sing.

"it's a dirty little war"

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#30Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 6:58pm

Charles Busch

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#31Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 7:04pm

Hmm Anne Hathaway won't replace Cheno in this less than stellar revival.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Glitter and be Gay Profile Photo
Glitter and be Gay
wickedpoppinsfan
#33Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 7:34pm

What's the age range of Fran?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#34Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 7:48pm

Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n

In keeping with the tone of the current revival the producers wish to continue to cast the role of "Fran Kubelik" with actresses far too old for the role. So it is with great pleasure that the producers have chosen none other than PROMISES, PROMISES' original Broadway "Fran Kubelik", Miss Jill O'Hara to replace Miss Chenoweth on September 26th.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 7:54pm

What's the age range of Fran?

The original production had a Fran as young as 19 (Lorna Luft). So that should give you an idea.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#36Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 8:01pm

To answer wickedpoppinsfan's question, the role of "Fran" is traditionally played an actress in her early to mid 20's. Broadway's original "Fran", Jill O'Hara was 21 when she played it. Shirley MacLaine was 26 when she originated it in the film, "The Apartment".

But that only applies to traditional rendering of the material. The creative team behind this revival chose to move the time frame of the musical [which was 1968] and move it up to 1962 [which is closer to "The Apartment"'s time frame], but oddly they did nothing to really alter the music so it can reflect this change. The music still sounds very 1968. Then to add insult to injury they unnecessarily felt they need to add two lovely Bacharach/David hits: "I Say A Little Prayer" and "A House Is Not A Home" to the score and to further rape the material they chose to make "Fran" the visual embodiment of Burt Bcharach's ex-wife, Angie Dickinson so they went ahead and cast 40 year old Kristin Chenoweth in the part.
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 08:01 PM

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#37Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 8:24pm

Karen Olivo shouldn't been Fran, but whos with me: Karen for Mandy's Elphaba replacement! She would make a "wicked good" Elphaba.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#38Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 8:27pm

No. Tony winner Karen Olivio will not be the 938th Elphaba replacement. Plus she's already said she has zero interest in playing that role. I do imagine she'd be very good though.
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 08:27 PM

TimesSquared Profile Photo
TimesSquared
#39Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 12:51am

eider Landsberry or Strech, maybey bolf

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#40Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 12:54am

I doubt she'd leave solely to film guest spots for Glee. Her story line was basically finished, or so it appeared.

I could see her just taking a month or so off from the production.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#41Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 1:04am

Amy Spanger!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

kooky
yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#43Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 10:18am

Daphne Rubin-Vega

OR

G-Lea Michelphaba!
Updated On: 6/11/10 at 10:18 AM

Caroline2 Profile Photo
Caroline2
#44Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 12:18pm

On a SERIOUS note...

Will the show be able to survive after Chenoweth's departure? She is one of the main draws to PROMISES. Unless they do some major stunt casting (i.e. Hathaway), the show is dunzo, IMO.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#45Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 12:21pm

When Kristin was out a few weeks ago, there were just a few people asking for refunds. Sean is the box office draw here.

Karen Olivo is a great talent. But she has no business playing Fran in PP.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 6/11/10 at 12:21 PM

Caroline2 Profile Photo
Caroline2
#46Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 12:27pm

I am aware Sean Hayes is the main ticket seller...

However, does his contract last that much longer than Kristin's? My guess is no. Looks like double stunt casting is inevitable.

theeatah Profile Photo
theeatah
#47Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 3:02pm

Isn't Hayes contacted from a year?

Ruthie Henshall gets my vote.

Have a look at these vids and tell me she looks older than Chenoweth Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_VNMfylM2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uu6S2RBNlY

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#48Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/11/10 at 3:04pm

This might be something the Ghostwhisperer Girl could pull off now that she's said she wants to do musicals.

Videos