pixeltracker

Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting- Page 2

Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#25Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 7:56pm

Interesting. I mean, I would LOVE if it were true. But they will have to market the hell out of it.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#26Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:06pm

CALLED IT.

I said from the beginning the show would never extend without Ricky. Am I happy about it? No. But I tried to tell you people thinking about new stars was pointless.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#27Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:09pm

And FYI, no one cares about your "connections". You're not special for knowing "stuff".

That's directed at pretty much anyone with "insider" scoop.

All I care about is where Max Von Essen will go next because he's my favorite fixation of the moment.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#28Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:12pm

I hope Max finds work. He's uber talented.

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#29Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:13pm

I hope he doesn't shave the stache.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#30Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:16pm

I agree with that too :) .

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#31Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:18pm

Another one bites the dust and we are not into January.There are going to be mucho empty theaters in January.

Whatever happened to Banderas & Zorba?

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 12/11/12 at 08:18 PM

madlibrarian
#32Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 8:25pm

Did EVITA recoup? Or: How much has it recouped?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#33Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 9:10pm

Well I'll be gobsmacked! Very unexpected news! Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

PositivelyEmerald
#34Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 9:21pm

So upset by this. It has become my favorite show. Say what you will about this production, but it will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I am incredibly grateful to those who made this revival possible.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#35Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 9:32pm

There had also been talk of Patinkin and Zorba - but neither have happened. Banderas would actually be a wonderful Zorba, but at 52 he's a little old for Che, no? He seems more of a Peron at this point.

Who were they looking at for "star" Perons?

JRybka1611
#36Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 9:59pm

Had I thought I had heard rumbling of a Barnum? That would work there....

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#37Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 11:15pm

This is upsetting. the show wasn't exactly brilliant, but a few names would definitely get me back in to see it.

Rainbowhigh23
#38Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/11/12 at 11:57pm

If Evita recouped they would have blasted that information already.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#39Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/12/12 at 12:26am

That's nice that they were looking at "Broadway" Evas. Was it possibly either Karen Olivo, Mandy Gonzales, or Eden Espinosa?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

JuanValjean72 Profile Photo
JuanValjean72
#40Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/12/12 at 12:33am

I saw the show on December 1st and it was better than I expected. Cerveris and the ensemble were incredible. Elena Roger and Ricky Martin were good but not great. I had a feeling that the show would close if a big name wasn't found to replace Martin. I agree though that Antonio Banderas would have made an excellent Peron. And with a Broadway actress as Eva and another big name as Che, they'd have been able to survive for another 6 months to a year. Oh well, next revival, maybe they'll END with a big name instead of starting with one. That was there mistake. Big names are usually brought in to save the show.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#41Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/12/12 at 8:31am

Guys, we still have the tour to look forward to! Playbill reports North American tour of production! So we shall see what casting looks like for that!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#43Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/12/12 at 10:45am

I thought they were going to go with Pitbull for Che, and Sofia Vergara for Eva. Pitbull is Cuban right?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Rainbowhigh23
#44Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/12/12 at 2:31pm

Doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know but a NYT assessment of the closing.
NYT Rather Than Recasting, ‘Evita’ Will Close on Jan. 26

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#45Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting
Posted: 12/13/12 at 11:12am

I'm surprised "Evita" hasn't recouped yet. With what it was averaging a week and there basically only being one stationary set piece (not accounting for the roll on set pieces and props), what was so costly about this production? The large cast and and 3 leads' salaries?

Videos