#25Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 3:43pm

All of them?

Seriously though:

Aaron Burr, Sir

My Shot

The Schuyler Sisters

Farmer Refuted

ALL of King George's songs (seriously, this role is fantastic)

Satisfied

History Has Its Eyes on You

The Room Where It Happens

Hurricane

Burn

It's Quiet Uptown

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Story

I am obsessed with the entire album, though. It's on repeat.

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#26Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 4:04pm

I honestly think that the reprise of Stay Alive, Its Quiet Uptown and Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story are the ones that will send shivers down my spine forever. The score and the message is just so raw and real. They're the real MVP's.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 4:15pm

What song(s) do you think will they do at the tony awards? If I'm being honest they should perform the entire show, but I think will be a medley with Alexander Hamilton and my shot.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/30/15 at 04:15 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 4:16pm

Almost certainly a medley of Alexander Hamilton, My Shot, and then possibly Room Where It Happens or Schuyler Sisters.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#29Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 4:19pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What song(s) do you think will they do at the tony awards? If I'm being honest they should perform the entire shot, but I think will be a medley with Alexander Hamilton and my shot."

I was just thinking about that today. "My Shot" sounds like the obvious choice; it's catchy, it doesn't require much understanding of the storyline to enjoy, and it's the song that's been advertised a lot.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#30Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:03pm

snl89 said: "I adore Helpless and Satisfied as a pairing, because even though on a purely melodic level Helpless is the one I keep replaying constantly because it's so beautiful and happy, Satisfied truly is a brilliant piece of storytelling and the use of the "rewind" to Helpless works flawlessly."

This is exactly how I feel about the two songs. They are perfect one right after the other and it's so clever of Satisfied to flashback to what immediately preceded it to show Angelica's side of the story. But Helpless I have probably heard 40 times in the last week since the album came out. It's just so good. You'll Be Back is the next most-listened to track.

My other favorites are: The Schuyler Sisters, Wait For It, Dear Theodosia, Say No to This, Burn and It's Quiet Uptown. I'm embarrassed to say that what seems to be many peoples' favorite, The Room Where It Happens, has yet to spark the kind of fervor other people have for it. I appreciate the song on the level that it's part of what is a terrific score, but I don't greatly admire it on its own (at the moment; I hope I grow to love it).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

toofunktastic2
#31Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:32pm

My favorite song changes day to day (currently it's Say No to This).  But beyond that my favorites are Story of Tonight, The Schuyler Sisters, Wait For It, Helpless, Satisfied, all of King George's songs, Right Hand Man, Ten Duel Commandments, That Would Be Enough, Cabinet Battle #1, Reynold's Pamphlet, Burn, Blow Us All Away, Stay Alive (reprise), It's Quiet Uptown.  

I like quite a bit of the album to be honest.  One of the things about it is that while a lot of the songs are great on their own, they work so amazingly together. I have to listen to them as a group (such as Winter's Ball/Helpless/Satisfied or Blow Us All Away/Stay Alive (reprise)/It's Quiet Uptown).  It's been rare that I've listened to just one of those songs. 

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#32Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:41pm

"I love the show and I love the recording, except that sometimes the drumming seem overdone to me, specifically in My Shot and Satisfied, overdone to the point that it distracts me. Plus, it sounds like a drum machine, not an actual drum. Could that be? Does anyone else feel this way?"

The orchestrations on My Shot sound very "Rap Album"esque, and it doesn't really sound like sounds that could be replicated every single night. Idk if it even sounds like that in the show.

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#33Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:45pm

That being said, I think Alex Lacaimore has Best Orchestrations Tony in the bag. This whole album sounds freakin' incredible.

David2 Profile Photo
David2
#34Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:47pm

If I had to choose a favorite (I love them all ??!!) then I would have to say Alexander Hamilton and Wait for It.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 5:59pm

toofunktastic2 said: "One of the things about it is that while a lot of the songs are great on their own, they work so amazingly together. I have to listen to them as a group (such as Winter's Ball/Helpless/Satisfied or Blow Us All Away/Stay Alive (reprise)/It's Quiet Uptown).  It's been rare that I've listened to just one of those songs. "

I love that about this album. If I have a free 25 minutes (like on break at work) I'll listen to everything from The Schuyler Sisters through to Satisfied. A few people mentioned that they like to hear music live for the first time. Unfortunately, because I'm in Michigan, I don't have the chance to see shows right away, but I don't think I've ever been upset about listening to the album first. I think it enhances the viewing experiences to know the music (even if just a little bit).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#36Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 6:10pm

My Shot, Wait for It, Satisfied, Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#37Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 6:31pm

I love all of them  because they all sound alike. 

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

BroadwayGirl1983 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl1983
#38Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 6:51pm

My Favorite Hamilton Songs Are:

1.The Room Where It Happened

2.My Shot

3.Alexander Hamiton

Lilly7
#39Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 10:36pm

I agree with everyone who said the songs work together as a set. I usually want to play my favorite songs on loop but with this album, I'm content to just listen all the way through. It's incredible how well the songs not only stand on their own indivually but also flow together. 

If I had to pick a favorite though, the 1-2 punch of Helpless and Satisfied destroy me. 

rjm516
#40Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 10:54pm

I can't get over how many great songs there are. Like in any other show, it would be amazing to have a masterpiece in the score like Satisfied or Wait for It or the finale or 10 others, but this show has ALL of them. That's NUTS. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#41Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 9/30/15 at 11:37pm

There's not a single song from the show that I dislike. At all. What I like the most depends on my mood. But when checking my play count, the following are the highest:

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story

Alexander Hamilton

Satisfied

One Last Time

Burn

BwayinVan
#42Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 12:11am

I'm loving the whole album but if I only have time for 1 song it's gotta be It's Quiet Uptown or Helpless. And the harmonies in Alexander Hamilton give me the chills

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#43Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 12:18am

The whole album is amazing but my favorites are listed and top favorites in bold:

ACT 1

• "Alexander Hamilton"
  • "Aaron Burr, Sir"
  • "My Shot"
  • "The Story of Tonight"
  • "The Schuyler Sisters"
  • "You'll Be Back"
  • "Helpless"
  • "Satisfied"
  • "That Would Be Enough"
  • "What Comes Next?"
  • "Dear Theodosia"
  • "Non-Stop"

ACT 2

• "What'd I Miss"
  • "Take a Break"
  • "Say No to This"
  • "The Room Where It Happens"
  • "Washington on Your Side"
  • "One Last Time"
  • "I Know Him"
  • "Hurricane"
  • "Burn"
  • "It's Quiet Uptown"
  • "The Election of 1800"
  • "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story"

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 10/1/15 at 12:18 AM

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#44Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 12:43am

Wow this was hard to do, but my top 10 would be: 

1. Satisfied 

2. The Room Where it Happens 

3. Non-Stop 

4. It's Quiet Uptown 

5. The World was Wide Enough/Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story 

6. Wait for It 

7. The Schuyler Sisters 

8. Dear Theodosia 

9. Burn 

10. One Last Time  

Michael Kras Profile Photo
Michael Kras
#45Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 12:59am

Wait For It is just a remarkable bit of songwriting. I'm also obsessed with Washington On Your Side (especially for "Seven motherf***ing democratic republicans"Favorite Hamilton songs?, Yorktown (the Hercules Mulligan rap fires me up every time, and the orchestrations stand out in particular on this song), Non-Stop, Guns and Ships, My Shot, One Last Time, The Room Where it Happens, Satisfied.

I can't stand It's Quiet Uptown. It's ridiculously contrived to the point where I find it hard to believe that it elicits a visceral reaction. Sure, the idea is affecting, but the song itself is pure exhibition.

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#46Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 1:02am

Satisfied is such a beautiful song.  But you really have to experience it in the theatre to witness the brilliance of Miranda/Kail/ Blankenbuehler (and of course Goldsberry and chorus!).   Pure genius!!!!  My jaw dropped as soon as they said rewind...  That scene alone is worth a Tony award.  

My top 10 are:

1. It's Quiet Uptown. (So heartbreaking!!!!  And I keep replaying in my mind the forgiveness scene of Phillipa and Lin... Ahh!  (Sobs)

2. Helpless

3. Satisfied

4. Schuyler Sisters

5. Wait for It

6. You'll Be Back / What Comes Next / I Know Him (Jonathan Groff for the Tony win!!!)

7. That Would Be Enough

8. What I'd Miss

9. The Room Where It Happens

10. Alexander Hamilton / My Shot

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#47Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 7:52am

Towards the end of That Would Be Enough there is a quick beep noise.  Is this intended, a flaw on the recording or an issue with my iTunes download that is only affecting me and making me crazy?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#48Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 10:28am

Christhefish, I listened over that a few times and didn't hear any problem with my iTunes download. maybe email iTunes and complain?

I'm loving all the love Helpless is getting in this thread, it's a song that I can't get out of my head. I can't wait til I have the whole score memorized and can sing along without looking at the booklet. 

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#49Favorite Hamilton songs?
Posted: 10/1/15 at 11:29am

HAMILTON Cast Will Celebrate Album Release with Performance at Barnes & Noble on 10/16

Dammit! I just accepted a new position at work and don't feel right requesting off so soon.  Would anyone be willing to go to this and get me a signed CD?  I would pay you for my album and yours, as well as pay you for your time.  Please PM me if you would be willing to do this!!

Videos