pixeltracker

The BWW Redesign of December 2016- Page 2

The BWW Redesign of December 2016

robbie_731
#25The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 2:17am

I also have the same questions as AntV.

Why was the scroll down and up arrows removed from "Latest News"?

How can we scroll down to older articles now?

The same thing was done to the Off-Broadway "Latest News" a while back, and nothing was done to fix it.

Why write and post new articles if only around the last 10-15 posted are available on the main page?

Please fix this important issue, as it strongly affects one of the most important aspects of the site: getting the latest news.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#27The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 5:10am

I like how much cleaner it looks, so kudos for that. Agree what was said about the font, it's a bit too bold for my taste.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#28The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 10:29am

i might be in the minority but I liked it better before. The crazy bright fire-engine red is super distracting, and I hate how the forum responses only take up the left side of my computer screen. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#29The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 11:21am

I totally agree about the forum responses taking up only half the screen.  Now I have to keep making the threads part larger just to be able to read it comfortably.

HSky
#30The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 11:37am

On my primary mobile view (Chrome on an Android device with text scaled to 100%) the board subjects are legible and in bold print, but the author, replies, view, and last post sections are harder to see at a quick glance. If I switch to another browser like Firefox, or toggle desktop mode, it's fine, but that may be a consideration for mobile users.

The BWW Redesign of December 2016

Updated On: 12/9/16 at 11:37 AM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#31The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 1:01pm

As a person with two types of color blindness, I am having a lot of difficulty reading the website and the board.  The colors, particularly the red, are a big problem for me :o(

neonlightsxo
#32The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 1:02pm

FANtomFollies said: "i might be in the minority but I liked it better before. The crazy bright fire-engine red is super distracting, and I hate how the forum responses only take up the left side of my computer screen. "

It leaves more space for ads now, which I assume was the goal.

HSky
#34The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 2:45pm

Thank you so much for the quick fix!

Ranger Tom
#35The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/9/16 at 3:14pm

Thanks.  I really like it.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#36The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/12/16 at 11:01am

Is anybody else have trouble scrolling down to the latest posts on certain threads? I'll scroll, and the page will just loop me back up to the top...

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#38The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/12/16 at 8:41pm

Theater_Nerd said: "I love it. I love the font they've chosen. I wonder what it is? "

It's Montserrat. Which isn't bolded, but this is how it looks bolded.

rodrigo_ca
#39The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/13/16 at 8:46pm

Loved it! Much cleaner, modern and less PC consuming. Kudos.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#40The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/17/16 at 4:30am

So it's been a week now and I have to admit that I still don't like that I have to read the boards in 33-50% less space than before. Butwhatreally irksmeisthatnow manywords compresstogetherbecaudethey have NO space and it makesitseemlike postersarecarelessand don't know how to write. Please fix!!!

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#41The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:02am

Question: is it possible to move Hot Stories over to the right (read: left-hand) side of the screen so that the forum aspect is more central to the overall design? It will look less cluttered, and everything will still be where you want it to be.

I know you can help me, Alan. You're my only hope. The BWW Redesign of December 2016

Signed,

That Guy From Twitter That Thinks He's Funny

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

oknazevad
#42The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/17/16 at 5:37pm

I would just like to say that this seems a missed opportunity to add a much-needed "last unread post" button to each thread. Makes following a board like this much easier. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#44The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/17/16 at 9:37pm

Fyi - editing a message does not sometimes give me the same text edit tools instead showing me the HTML version of the actual text.

Bold text here.

example - http://imgur.com/a/mkoBm
Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 12/17/16 at 09:37 PM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#45The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:49pm

We didn't cut any of the board space. It's the same size. 

Huh? The main and other topic board used to extend to where you have hot topics now. It's definitely smaller.

toofunktastic2
#46The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/18/16 at 3:20am

Melissa25 said: "So it's been a week now and I have to admit that I still don't like that I have to read the boards in 33-50% less space than before. Butwhatreally irksmeisthatnow manywords compresstogetherbecaudethey have NO space and it makesitseemlike postersarecarelessand don't know how to write. Please fix!!!"

I'm having this issue as well. Makes reading anything other than a small sentence very annoying.    Here's an example: http://imgur.com/55Vpbsv

I'm on Chrome on an iPhone 5s if that matters. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#49The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 12/18/16 at 4:21pm

No complaints here and thank you for the new design!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge
#50The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 2/9/17 at 11:03am

Is the text font no longer bold for people as of today? I'm a huge fan if they plan to keep it this way...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#51The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 2/9/17 at 12:10pm

What do you mean by text font? Do you mean the body text of the messages? It's definitely a lighter weight than it was before, but I never would've thought of it as bold.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge
#52The BWW Redesign of December 2016
Posted: 2/9/17 at 7:34pm

Yes, Lizzie, I meant the body text of the messages! And I agree with you that I shouldn't have used "bold" earlier. I do like the lighter weight of it now, though I think the kerning between some of the letters and punctuation is a bit too close...

Videos