WAR PAINT Previews

neonlightsxo
#25WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 9:44am

It's super weird that they're charging more for SRO, and it certainly seems unwarranted. It seems like a blatant cash grab-- ie if the show is sold out we can charge more for standing spots.

Wayman_Wong
#26WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:23pm

I once did SRO for ''Newsies,'' at the back of the orchestra, and it was frustrating and problematic. ''Newsies'' had a three-tiered set, so if anything happened on the top tier (like the finale of ''Once and For All'' ), you missed it. Or you'd have to scrunch down to see it. Rush was better; those seats were on the far sides of the orchestra, against the wall. As long as you didn't sit too close to the stage, you were OK. ... ''War Paint'' looks like it has a multi-tiered set, too.

Updated On: 3/6/17 at 02:23 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#27WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:29pm

It did not have a multi-tiered set in Chicago... and those photos make it look like there's been little or no changes to the set since then. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

ChiTheaterFan
#28WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:35pm

Yeah there's one scene with a set piece that is a few feet up as I recall, but it's not much. 

I did not particularly care for the show in Chicago but am glad I saw it for the two leading ladies, who are both fabulous as expected. I wish them well and hope those of you who see it enjoy it. 

Wayman_Wong
#29WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:36pm

Good to know. If most all of the action is on the stage below, it should be OK. But $50 still seems pricey for standing room.

Updated On: 3/6/17 at 02:36 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#30WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/6/17 at 10:37pm

WAR PAINT Previews

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 2:56am

I cannot wait !

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:30am

Previews begin TONIGHT! Can't wait to hear!

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#33WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:36am

The show is in great shape, and its ALL about Patti and Christine. They both give phenomenal performances. The costumes are gorgeous. And to the posters above: No, the set is not multi-tiered. I'm not sure if this is a very "tourist friendly" show, but theater fans should definitely make a trip to see these two women give their all.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#34WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:44am

I'm excited to hear from attendees tonight! I will be going to the matinee tomorrow. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#35WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 10:01am

So excited to be going tonight - been a fan of Patti's since I saw her in Evita and Christine in Grey Gardens was perfection

@z5
#36WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 10:10am

Standing room for $50 is ridiculous. Happy I got my orch seat via audience rewards for less money. 

deltatee Profile Photo
deltatee
#37WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 11:39am

I can't wait to hear about the previews.  I am thinking about seeing this show in April.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#38WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:06pm

I grabbed a ticket yesterday for this evening.

Just give the world Love.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#39WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:18pm

Anyone try to rush it today? 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#40WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:41pm

I hope they aren't selling rush tickets for those awful seats far house right about 3 or 4 rows back. Sat there foe NEWSIES and the sieat was literally tilted sideways. I was actually in pain after the show. They need to just remove them if they have not already.

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#41WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:45pm

Is anyone going tonight? I saw the show in Chicago and have tickets for this weekend. Can't wait to see what changes they've made..

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#42WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 12:51pm

BwayGeek2 said: "Is anyone going tonight? I saw the show in Chicago and have tickets for this weekend. Can't wait to see what changes they've made..

Read through tbe thread. There are a few of us going.

slow_the_rain
#43WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 2:17pm

I saw the invited dress last night. With a half hour intermission, it was a 3 hour run time and I felt every second. 

I'm honestly just baffled that something this bland and unfocused can come out of the same minds that gave us Grey Gardens. I couldn't tell you the melody of a single song, though there were a few I did enjoy (Act I finale, Face to Face, wasn't bad, nor was Ebersole's 11 o'clock number, Pink). I was thoroughly unimpressed and very rarely amused.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#44WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 2:26pm

It was impossible dull in Chicago. I saw it twice because I sort of didn't believe my initial reaction. I'm a huge fan of ALL involved but this left me mystified. I really hope they pull it all together... but I'm not betting on it.

Jesus saves. I spend.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#45WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 4:23pm

An hour ago, I went by the box office and was able to get a general rush ticket in the front row. Rush is getting more expensive, but $40 sounds good when you consider how expensive the surrounding seats are. Heard the ladies rehearsing "Face to Face" from inside the house; sounded great! 

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#46WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 5:25pm

My friend had an extra ticket so I'll be going tonight too!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#47WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 5:32pm

Scarywarhol said: "An hour ago, I went by the box office and was able to get a general rush ticket in the front row. Rush is getting more expensive, but $40 sounds good when you consider how expensive the surrounding seats are. Heard the ladies rehearsing "Face to Face" from inside the house; sounded great! "

I paid $69.00 for a mezz seat. Center. They didn't have any of the discount seats left. The nice guy at the window found me a seat two rows ahead of what I was looking at for the same price. I am a happy camper!

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#48WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 5:46pm

Also saw this in Chicago, and expected it to be good trashy fun. It was not. It was dull and predictable, and the only "laughs" it got were from Patti's accent and malapropisms. I was not a fan of GREY GARDENS, although Christine in the second act was very special. Sounds as though little has improved since Chicago, when I saw the show at a Saturday matinee, filled with older women and a few gay men. The audience response was polite but tepid; even the final "confrontation" scene went nowhere. The women are supremely talented, but this show does not demand much, either musically or dramatically,

Rainbowhigh23
#49WAR PAINT Previews
Posted: 3/7/17 at 6:06pm

Scarywarhol said: "An hour ago, I went by the box office and was able to get a general rush ticket in the front row. Rush is getting more expensive, but $40 sounds good when you consider how expensive the surrounding seats are. Heard the ladies rehearsing "Face to Face" from inside the house; sounded great! 

I went around 1 PM and got a rear mezz seat, full view, not extreme side.  The box office attendant told that the orchestra seats were extreme sides but front row would have been nice!

Videos