pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS- Page 2

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#25Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 3/31/17 at 10:28pm

Not to mention that Sara (AND the creative team on this show, neigh the producers) strikes me as the type of artist(s) who would not compromise the material if she/they didn't feel appropriate or prepared enough to take on the role. 

The Pecan Sandies
#26Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 3/31/17 at 11:26pm

Just got home and thrilled to say Sara was phenomenal. As I stated earlier her voice is incredible and she knocked the songs out of the park, especially She used to be mine.
In terms of acting Obviously Jessie is the better actress but Sara definitely held her own. I'm not sure if I am using the right word but I felt she had more sass to her Jenna which worked well

I saw the 2nd preview of waitress so it's been i while so I'm not sure how well I can compare the rest of the cast but I felt they were all strong. Caitlin is a great dawn and I was thrilled to see how wonderful Charity is as Becky especially after seeing her steal every scene she was in as he nurse 

Chris Diamantopolous is a very good Dr Pomatter but I preferred Drew' performance. Earl isn't the most fleshed out character but I though Will did a fine job

Overall I was extremely impressed and Believe Sara will only grow stronger in the role. I have tickets for late May so I'm excited to see how much she improved

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#27Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 3/31/17 at 11:39pm

Great to hear the good reviews! I'm seeing Sara next week and it seems that I'm in for a sweet treat!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#28Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 12:00am

Also been a fan of hers, but after hearing her sing at the Oscars I've been on a Bareilles kick and indulged in a ticket to see her tomorrow. I'm so excited. #splurge

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#29Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 12:22am

Still cannot believe how incredible Sara was. Vocally she hits this out of the park and I love how crystal clear her voice is. She deafly has more sass as Jenna but she also plays her   With a softer edge.  I can only imagine her acting will get stronger, and while she is no Jessie Mueller, she definitely holds this role as her own.   You can tell that this is a labor of love for her and it was such an enjoyable evening seeing her beam on stage. She is phenomenal and you will not regret seeing her! 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#30Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 12:55am

Ugh, you guys... you're making me seriously consider getting a return ticket to Waitress now. And my credit card was doing so well staying in my wallet! Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS

mailhandler777
#31Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 1:03am

I'm seeing it on Easter Sunday night. I like to give people at least 2 weeks to get settled into their roles and get comfortable. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#32Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 1:42am

How was Will Swenson?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#34Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 7:28am

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#35Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 8:02am

i'm going on a saturday matinee, May 13! is she supposed to be preforming then

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#36Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 8:16am

thebookofwhizzer said: "i'm going on a saturday matinee, May 13! is she supposed to be preforming then

"

She has no off days scheduled. :)

Also, for anyone curious, Sara did come out the stage door last night but did not sign for anyone.

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#37Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 9:06am

Updated On: 4/1/17 at 09:06 AM

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#38Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 9:14am

BrodyFosse123 said: "So Bareilles has no prior acting experience aside from a single bit as Ariel in the recent Hollywood Bowl concert of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID?  She's playing a Tony Award nominated role originated by Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller.  That's ambitious.  I totally validate the stunt casting for all the obvious reasons but seriously.  Good luck to the cast having to work harder than usual for the next 10 weeks.  I hope they're being compensated for this.  I'm seeing her in the show so I'm a supporter so I'm keeping an open-mind to the post-performance word of mouth later tonight.  

you truly sound miserable and uninformed.  the cast won't have to work any harder than if an understudy were to go on.  do you think any cast gets a pay raise when an understudy or stand-by goes on?
they are going to see a boom in business, she seems genuinely thrilled and honored to be there. 

"

JennH
#39Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 9:20am

DAMMIT...am I gonna have to splurge and see this with her??? I was never against seeing her, it's just a very different casting stunt this time around. I just can't afford Sara even on a rush ticket that I'm sure is more pricey than the usual rush ticket because...Sara. Thats IF there's even any left one the day of...I was shocked her run didn't sell out within a day. 

The Pecan Sandies
#40Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 10:07am

Daddy Warbucks said: "How was Will Swenson?"

There is not a lot to the part to begin with but Will was fine. The one thing I will say is that I remember Nick being a lot more threatening in the role where I thought Will played it a little softer. For example in the scene where he goes to the diner to confront her about the money in the 2nd act instead of yelling like nick he just sort of asked her to leave which I felt really cut down on the intensity of that scene

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#41Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 10:15am

you truly sound miserable and uninformed.  the cast won't have to work any harder than if an understudy were to go on.  do you think any cast gets a pay raise when an understudy or stand-by goes on?
they are going to see a boom in business, she seems genuinely thrilled and honored to be there. 

With all due respect, my post didn't merit commenting.  Sorry you lost those few minutes taking the time to write one.  

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#42Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 10:40am

Have they announced her joining the show as an April Fool's Day joke yet?

KathyNYC2
#43Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 11:00am

The Pecan Sandies said: "Daddy Warbucks said: "How was Will Swenson?"

There is not a lot to the part to begin with but Will was fine. The one thing I will say is that I remember Nick being a lot more threatening in the role where I thought Will played it a little softer. For example in the scene where he goes to the diner to confront her about the money in the 2nd act instead of yelling like nick he just sort of asked her to leave which I felt really cut down on the intensity of that scene

"

I kinda disagree respectfully. I thought he was intense and almost terrifying at monents. I really don't remember Nick being harsher. He is more like Nick in his portrayal than the recent William Popp who had a very different vibe when playing the part. 

Sara was pretty amazing for a first show. Actually she was pretty amazing even if it wasn't her first show. 

Updated On: 4/1/17 at 11:00 AM

mailhandler777
#44Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 12:29pm

JennH said: "DAMMIT...am I gonna have to splurge and see this with her??? I was never against seeing her, it's just a very different casting stunt this time around. I just can't afford Sara even on a rush ticket that I'm sure is more pricey than the usual rush ticket because...Sara. Thats IF there's even any left one the day of...I was shocked her run didn't sell out within a day. 

"

Waitress doesn't have rush tickets. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#45Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 2:57pm

Did they collect for Broadway Cares or sell items at Waitress last night? 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#46Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 4:04pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "So Bareilles has no prior acting experience aside from a single bit as Ariel in the recent Hollywood Bowl concert of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID?  She's playing a Tony Award nominated role originated by Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller.  That's ambitious.  I totally validate the stunt casting for all the obvious reasons but seriously.  Good luck to the cast having to work harder than usual for the next 10 weeks.  I hope they're being compensated for this.  I'm seeing her in the show so I'm a supporter so I'm keeping an open-mind to the post-performance word of mouth later tonight.  "

I saw her in an episode of Community a few years ago so she's at least had one acting credit to her name!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

KathyNYC2
#47Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 5:34pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Did they collect for Broadway Cares or sell items at Waitress last night? 

"

One night off from Broadway Cares last night. Too much going on. Returned to collecting this afternoon. They had the usual collection buckets and also live auctioned off a Waitress apron signed by Sara. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#48Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 6:13pm

Thanks for the answer! I wonder how long it will take them to get new signed playbills, etc. I obviously understand there is a lot going on but I'd love to try to see it when they have them. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#49Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/1/17 at 6:13pm

Thanks for the answer! I wonder how long it will take them to get new signed playbills, etc. I obviously understand there is a lot going on but I'd love to try to see it when they have them. 

Videos