pixeltracker

How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?- Page 2

How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#25How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/15/17 at 9:30pm

Call_me_jorge said: "^betsy was only out the 12th and 13th"

CMJ.;  my program insert says otherwise .  But I honestly wouldn't know the difference between the two since I am not familiar with either of them .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

KathyNYC2
#26How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/15/17 at 9:59pm

Yes Stephanie was on Tuesday and Wednesday only and the inserts reflected that she was out those days. Others were out Thursday but Betsy was back and she was not listed as out. And she is on again tonight. 

Updated On: 9/15/17 at 09:59 PM

broadwayboy223
#27How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/15/17 at 10:14pm

Laura could do Waitress after Meteor. I would love to hear her version of She Used To Be Mine

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#28How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 12:49am

A friend of mine who is associated with the production told me a few days ago they are attempting to get a big star for the Doctor role. Their choice is somebody who I think'll be great, but would have never thought to cast!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#29How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 12:51am

Jason Mraz? He might work. He was on sara's album. I wonder if that means Roman Holiday is transferring to Broadway?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#30How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 12:57am

How would they market a famous person as pomatter? All the marketing seems to be based around whoever is Jenna with their face on the cover of the playbill and billboards and what not. Would they just have pictures of Jenna and pomatter?  

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 1:02am

First off, as an actor, there's no way anyone who has been nominated or won a Tony will be replace in a show that has been running this long. Something like "Hello Dolly" is a little different. At this point, they'd get a celeb in the mix. What I find interesting is that they haven't tried an "ethnic" (I kinda hate that word) choice. I think someone like Brandy or whoever would be interesting. I think it's such a great show and SUCH a strong score. I'm glad it has made its money back, but I want to see it live a little longer. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#32How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 1:31am

If they want to get some good names, Denee Benton could be a sweet Dawn! Not a huge box office draw, but she's very talented and would be cute! Likewise, Jennifer Nettles and Laura Benanti are great choices for Jenna! What about trying to get Idina to do a run for two months?

What about getting Reba to play Becky? She would be great, even though she may not take a supporting role.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#33How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 1:42am

I don't really see Idina stepping in as a replacement at this stage in her career. Also, I love, love Idina, but for various reasons I'm not sure this show would be a good fit for her. Although I'm not a huge country music fan, I could see Jennifer Nettles in the role. Still hoping either Betsy is still in the show or Sara has stepped back in when I see the show on November 12th. 

KathyNYC2
#34How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 10:46am

Betsy should still be there in November. As noted in another thread, she recently tweeted to someone who said that he/she hoped to see her in November by responding with something to the effect that.....but I'll be singing at Carnegie Hall on Nov 17th so I won't be there that day.

Jjohansan
#35How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 10:56am

I NEED to see Lindsay Mendez as Jenna. And I feel like it's actually a realistic option?

thatoneboy
#36How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 1:18pm

Jjohansan said: "I NEED to see Lindsay Mendez as Jenna. And I feel like it's actually a realistic option?"

Yes to Lindsay!!! Also throw in Nathan Fillion as Dr. Pomatter and they can have all my money.

Call_me_jorge
#37How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 2:58pm

I just saw home again and I think Pico Alexander would work well as Pomatter 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#38How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/16/17 at 3:13pm

Jjohansan said: "I NEED to see Lindsay Mendez as Jenna. And I feel like it's actually a realistic option?"

I'd see Lindsay reading the phone book (well, singing it). She's phenomenal 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#40How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/5/18 at 9:56am

If sales are bad enough to bring in Al Roker for the fall, maybe they bring in Sara for the final month and go out with a bang the week after New Years? It would have run almost 3 years at that point (and they recouped way back in Jan. 2017), which is more than respectable.

Though, this being the Weisslers, I guess sales don’t need to be THAT bad for them to do oddball stunt casting...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#41How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:01am

I just can’t imagine that he’ll be much of a draw plus aren’t there other actors out there who have actually paid their dues who deserve this job? I’d understand if he had a chance at bringing in major box office. He seems like a very nice guy and his attempts at his singing lesson were endearing, but I just don’t see it...

Updated On: 9/5/18 at 10:01 AM

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#42How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/5/18 at 1:15pm

With not have any stars in the show, and bringing in Al as a last resort, this is closing in January.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

WestEndGal
#43How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/5/18 at 1:39pm

I think what Waitress needs is a bigger name as Jenna in order to continue well into next year and beyond. The big drops in attendance/gross the week or 2 after Sara Bareilles (on both occasions) and Katharine McPhee ended their runs shows that Waitress isn't a show that can just survive on its name alone, sadly (at least not 3 years in). I am wondering whether or not they are planning a big announcement for Nicolette Robinson's Jenna replacement in October, as she is only doing a 7 week stint, or do you think they are waiting to see how Nicolette does (in respect of box office) first, with a view to extending? 

I can't see that stunt casting Al Roker for a minor role in the show, will make that much difference. 

All that said, I don't think Waitress is going anywhere quickly. Sara seems too invested and if needs be she can always step in again to boost the figures. They also opening in the West End in Feb and they'll want the show to still be on Broadway to help with cross-promotion etc.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#44How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?
Posted: 9/5/18 at 7:26pm

The biggest asset of having someone like Roker in the show is that he has a huge daily TV platform to plug WAITRESS if he chooses to do so. Now, Kathie Lee Gifford couldn't make Scandalous a hit, but it probably helped it somewhat. (And WAITRESS is also a known entity, which Scandalous wasn't...Aimee Semple vs Sara Barielles.)

Videos