pixeltracker

Once Upon A One More Time in DC- Page 2

Once Upon A One More Time in DC

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#25Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/28/21 at 1:15pm

“ Not a great comparison –– CST has a long history with musicals (modern and classic)”

Also not true. The Shakespeare Theatre in DC also has a long history of musicals—they typically do a splashy musical every year. Evita was scheduled before the pandemic. Kiss Me Kate Prior.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/28/21 at 1:37pm

BroadwayNYC2: It's more so that this is their first pre-Broadway show, and also seems a little out of their wheelhouse since they normally do more "prestige" musicals. I saw Candid there awhile back. 

Spookyfish13: I see what you're saying, but this started in LA in a cabaret space as kind of a goof and then sort of took off from there, so it didn't have any ill-intention at the beginning. 

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#27Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/28/21 at 1:52pm

This explains it pretty well why STC is doing the show:

While this may sound like an improbably pairing, Shakespeare Theatre’s artistic director Simon Godwin says it’s exactly the inspiring production audiences need to reconnect with live theater.

“In my first season at STC, I made a promise to offer shows for all-ages for the holidays, and Once Upon a One More Time is a jubilant, funny, and rousing update on classic fairy tales that will delight all audiences,” Godwin said in a statement. “Britney Spears is an American pop icon, and the team of this musical has worked with her to craft a story that captures her joie de vivre and her [indomitable] spirit.”

https://dcist.com/story/21/05/27/shakespeare-theatre-company-britney-spears-musical-new-season/

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#28Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/28/21 at 11:46pm

This sounds like Head Over Heels 2. An ambitious intellectual concept pared with pop music of a single artist, also performed at a Shakespearean company space. In this case though, does Britney get writing credits for her songs? I don’t think so but maybe later in her career she was able to get vanity credits. Without those, the conservator won’t get a dime unless they had to get permission to use her name in marketing.

Dolly80
#29Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/30/21 at 1:01pm

unclevictor said: "Dolly80 said: "This has the worst title of any show I can remember.

Everything about it makes me worried. That includes the totally unexciting C list creative team.
"

C List creative team? Really. Explain please.
"

You need an explanation? Has anyone heard of any of these people? Where are their Broadway credits? I have only heard of the designer. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#30Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/30/21 at 5:40pm

So sorry they didn’t consult you

Dolly80
#31Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/31/21 at 5:53am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "So sorry they didn’t consult you "

I know right?!

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#32Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/31/21 at 10:26am

Dolly80 said: "unclevictor said: "Dolly80 said: "This has the worst title of any show I can remember.

Everything about it makes me worried. That includes the totally unexciting C list creative team.
"

"

You need an explanation? Has anyone heard of any of these people? Where are their Broadway credits? I have only heard of the designer.
"

what are u saying? Because they don’t have established bway careers they shouldn’t be working on a Broadway show? That is a load of nonsense. Get a clue Dolly.   They’re making their Broadway debuts and that’s awesome and should be CELEBRATED.  

Dolly80
#33Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/31/21 at 11:53am

unclevictor said: "Dolly80 said: "unclevictor said: "Dolly80 said: "This has the worst title of any show I can remember.

"

"

"

what are u saying? Becausethey don’t have established bway careers they shouldn’t be working on a Broadway show? That is a load of nonsense. Get a clue Dolly. They’re making their Broadway debuts and that’s awesome and should be CELEBRATED.
"

Let’s wait and see shall we. Happy to be proven wrong.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#34Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 5/31/21 at 12:30pm

"BroadwayNYC2 said: "So sorry they didn’t consult you "

I know right?!
"

Hahahah. Love it. 

sng
#35Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 6/26/21 at 5:19pm

Will Britney's father profit from the show? because if he will, I don't need it. We should not pay a dime to that evil wicked human trafficker. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#36Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 6/26/21 at 5:54pm

I believe Britney herself nor her “team” is involved financially and it’s more about her music catalog but I could be wrong. I know Britney saw a workshop of this awhile back but I’m not too sure on if there’s money in it on her/their end. I hope not, because I really want to see this.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Moreski93
#37Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 2:24pm

If anyone is interested I received advanced access to tickets with my STC membership. The promo code to access tickets is:

22DONORACCESS

Just enter the code at the top right hand part of the screen that says promo and it should grant you access.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#38Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 8:34pm

Is there a way to access the ticketing page without being a member? I’d like to see prices.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

PhantomMickey
#39Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 8:37pm

Moreski93 said: "If anyone is interested I received advanced access to tickets with my STC membership. The promo code to access tickets is:

22DONORACCESS

Just enter the code at the top right hand part of the screen that says promo and it should grant you access.
"

omg you are amazing thank you so much

Moreski93
#40Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 8:49pm

https://www.shakespearetheatre.org/events/once-upon-a-one-more-time-21-22/?promo=22DONORACCESS&utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eNews8.24.21(Members)&utm_content=version_A&sourceNumber=95509

Here is the link to ticketing. Once you put in the promo code, there’s a legend to prices in the bottom left corner. But they range from $49-$112 plus fees.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#41Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 9:53pm

Thank you!! Just purchased for December. I can't wait!

suicidalmickeymouse
#42Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 9:59pm

You seriously rock. Thanks so much!!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.

ClumsyDude15
#43Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/26/21 at 12:20am

Ah, thank you so much! I bought a ticket for first preview! Cannot wait!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ShowBro Profile Photo
ShowBro
#44Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/26/21 at 12:00pm

Angels do exist on this board!! Picked up two tickets for December!! My husband and I thank you so much!! <3

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#45Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/26/21 at 12:12pm

Any casting rumors for this?

suicidalmickeymouse
#46Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 8:18am

Hey guys, my s/o got an early access email this morning, the code is STRONGER22.

Also, I finally took the question mark out of the title, lol!

Updated On: 8/30/21 at 08:18 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#47Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 11:25am

ClumsyDude15 said: "I believe Britney herself nor her “team” is involved financially and it’s more about her music catalog but I could be wrong. I know Britney saw a workshop of this awhile back but I’m not too sure on if there’s money in it on her/their end. I hope not, because I really want to see this.”

Back in 2019, the Princess of Pop herself gave the show her blessing:

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs — especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore.” she said.

ClumsyDude15
#48Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 11:44am

BrodyFosse123 said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "I believe Britney herself nor her “team” is involved financially and it’s more about her music catalog but I could be wrong. I know Britney saw a workshop of this awhile back but I’m not too sure on if there’s money in it on her/their end. I hope not, because I really want to see this.”

Back in 2019, the Princess of Pop herself gave the show her blessing:

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs — especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore.” she said.

"

Once Upon A One More Time in DC?

pablitonizer
#49Once Upon A One More Time in DC?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 1:41pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Hey guys, my s/o got an early access email this morning, the code is STRONGER22.

Also, I finally took the question mark out of the title, lol!
"

I got it as well, but they're all sold-out - how's that even possible? 

Videos