pixeltracker

Tonya Pinkins anti-vaxxer?????- Page 2

Tonya Pinkins anti-vaxxer?????

JasonC3
Posted: 8/19/21 at 9:24pm

Larry6417 said: "Tonya Pinkins is already difficult to work with. Why does she want to make it harder to get employed??!!"

She wouldn't be the first person who valued speaking authentically even if it cost her financially.

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
Posted: 8/19/21 at 11:48pm

She’s posted some bizarre rap parody(?!) video on her Twitter and (@) included javi and Laura osnos.

Go check it out on her Twitter

Not sure what to think of it?

Jacob Off
Posted: 8/24/21 at 5:13am

The story looks extremely strange, there is also very little evidence, so we are waiting for official statements

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Posted: 8/25/21 at 9:03am

PlayItAgain said: "She made a terrible movie called Red Pill about woke liberials getting killed by white nationalists...so..that should be a big hint"

I'm guessing you never saw it? 

Red Pill is no way pro white supremacy or anti liberal.

Capeguy Profile Photo
Capeguy
#29Caroline
Posted: 8/25/21 at 9:54am

Guess Caroline will be off of my list...

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#30Caroline
Posted: 8/25/21 at 10:15am

Capeguy said: "Guess Caroline will be off ofmy list..."

WHY? You know she is not in the new production coming to Broadway?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#31Caroline
Posted: 9/11/21 at 11:14am

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/tonya-pinkins-and-karen-olivo-are-envisioning-new-worlds

Interesting interview of Tonya Pinkins done by Karen Olivo. I guess Tonya is not difficult when she’s in charge of EVERYTHING.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32Caroline
Posted: 9/11/21 at 3:13pm

Huh? That’s one of the dumbest statements ever made here  

FirstNighter2
#33Caroline
Posted: 9/11/21 at 3:15pm

Good Lord, the self-satisfaction. My head hurts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#34Caroline
Posted: 9/11/21 at 3:53pm

Awesome! She's not in it of course in New York but DO YOU. 

FirstNighter2
#35Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 1:12am

Sutton wrote: “Awesome! She's not in it of course in New York but DO YOU.”

This was settled by Huss417 the end of August.

Updated On: 9/12/21 at 01:12 AM

Zion24
#36Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 1:40am

unclevictor said: "https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/tonya-pinkins-and-karen-olivo-are-envisioning-new-worlds

Interesting interview of Tonya Pinkins done by Karen Olivo. I guess Tonya is not difficult when she’s in charge of EVERYTHING.
"

this was a HOOT. 

"You know how I am known for being impossible to work with?"

"Yes! Allow me to emulate that very thing, and try to get you to acknowledge you've at least heard of me, which you will not do."

"I am glad you have seen the light, which is My Light."

fosterfan2
#37Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 9:27am

JDonaghy4 said: "unclevictor said: "https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/tonya-pinkins-and-karen-olivo-are-envisioning-new-worlds

"

this was a HOOT.

"You know how I am known for being impossible to work with?"

"Yes! Allow me to emulate that very thing, and try to get you to acknowledge you've at least heard of me, which you will not do."

"I am glad you have seen the light, which is My Light."
"

Sheesh. She makes Patti LuPone and Barbra Streisand (I'm a fan of both,talent-wise) look humble and self-effacing.

Playbill_Trash
#38Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 11:39am

Does anyone know the years that Tonya was a Tony voter, as she stated in the interview?

Very curious to see which years were a “waste of her damn time” because everything she saw was “terrible” as she describes. Depending on the seasons, we all might even agree with her on that at least…

The recent slim pickin seasons that come to mind are:

‘09-‘10: Best Musical: Memphis
‘11-‘12: Best Musical: Once
‘17-‘18: Best Musical: The Band’s Visit

But I wonder if her voting years were before or after Caroline in ‘04…

AEA AGMA SM
#39Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 3:19pm

Playbill_Trash said: "Does anyone know the years that Tonya was a Tony voter, as she stated in the interview?

Very curious to see which years were a “waste of her damn time” because everything she saw was “terrible” as she describes. Depending on the seasons, we all might even agree with her on that at least…

The recent slim pickin seasons that come to mind are:

‘09-‘10: Best Musical: Memphis
‘11-‘12: Best Musical: Once
‘17-‘18: Best Musical: The Band’s Visit

But I wonder if her voting years were before or after Caroline in ‘04…
"

She was elected to Equity Council in the 2015 election, and I believe that was her first term. So while she may have been a voter before then, she definitely would have been a voter for the 2016-2019 awards.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#40Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 3:31pm

Playbill_Trash said: "Very curious to see which years were a “waste of her damn time” because everything she saw was “terrible” as she describes. "

That's not what she said, which was "most of the stuff I saw was so terrible." I wish people would understand that when they use false info as the premise of their argument, they undercut whatever force (not to mention credibility) they might otherwise muster. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#41Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 4:21pm

Wow that Olivo-Pinkins interview is nauseating. The narcissism is overwhelming.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#42Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 5:33pm

I can respect some of what these women say, but at times they veer into delusional narcissism. The majority of people outside the 1% working any job have to do a fair amount of compromise as well as surrendering their voice to get through a work day. I don’t see how acting is any different.

I do agree with Tonya in that younger generations will need to do a total overhaul of the system to create something new. The structure that is in place now can’t really be tweaked. It’s way too messed up.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Playbill_Trash
#43Caroline
Posted: 9/12/21 at 6:22pm

Their combined, tone-deaf ignorance is perfectly summed up and on display in this exchange:

“OLIVO: Exactly. But we have to get the business out of the way, because the business is not interested in that purity.

PINKINS: Our industry may need to die so that the real artists that are the soul of the nation can come forward.”

For the last time, it is called Show Business. Like every other industry, the entertainment industry follows the same rule. If it doesn’t make dollars, it doesn’t make sense.

Who the hell do they think they are to say that thus far, the artists that have come forward and succeeded creatively and financially are not “real artists”?

Here’s just a short a list of true artists that have never compromised their creative vision, and in doing so have been able to have immense artistic and financial success:

Joe Papp
Hal Prince
Jeanine Tesori
Tony Kushner
George C Wolfe
Lin-Manuel Miranda

The last 4 of which, without them, no one would know who Olivo and Pinkins are. But are these not real artists?

I don’t know why anyone in their right mind going forward would cast either of them after this. The world owes them nothing. You are not God’s gift (as they claimed) and it has been proven that the industry does just fine without them.

God help Olivo’s students….

Playbill_Trash
#44Caroline
Posted: 9/13/21 at 3:47pm

Has Olivo said anywhere whether or not she’ll be attending the Tony’s since she’s still nominated? Or will she be protesting that too?

Or are only certain people going to be there in person anyway because of the different format?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#45Caroline
Posted: 9/13/21 at 3:48pm

She has not said if she will be attending the Tonys or not. I doubt it, though. 

Videos