INTO THE WOODS Reviews

JasonC3
#25INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 9:29am

Yes Broadway may have opened more than a year ago and some fans no doubt are only now making their first trip to see shows, particularly those from out of the country or out of town.

ddenoff2 Profile Photo
ddenoff2
#26INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 9:58am

I predict a LONG extension, and a move of The Piano Lesson to another house...as for which house...???

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#28INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 11:35am

Incredible reviews. Any word on if this show will be Tony eligible? 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 11:37am

ddenoff2 said: "I predict a LONG extension, and a move of The Piano Lesson to another house...as for which house...???"

This right here is the problem that they’re having right now. It’s not that simple. 

nyla123
#30INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 1:47pm

Jordan Catalano said: "ddenoff2 said: "I predict a LONG extension, and a move of The Piano Lesson to another house...as for which house...???"

This right here is the problem that they’re having right now. It’s not that simple.
"

Yeah I was almost wondering if maybe they were going to move Funny Girl to a new house when Lea Michele joined and then move The Piano Lesson there (even with the casting, St. James seems like a really big house for The Piano Lesson, not to mention having The Piano Lesson in the August Wilson Theatre), but I guess thats not the case. I have to imagine that they will be trying to do something, either extending now and moving The Piano Lesson or planning a remount next spring or summer when hopefully the cast will have availability.

I did notice in the red carpet video that the actor who plays the Steward let slip that they are at least doing a cast recording.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#31INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 2:06pm

https://twitter.com/bwaytay/status/1546535920513556481

That's what we call as WOOPSIE slip of the tongue when you let slip on the red carpet that you will be doing an album before any official announcement is made.

Updated On: 7/11/22 at 02:06 PM

Jordan Catalano
#32INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 2:25pm

I’m so happy I can talk about the album now!! I’m so damn excited for this one. I’ll be listening to it on a loop for a very very long time. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#33INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 2:26pm

This calls for another Broadway cast recording thread - stay tuned!

Oh look, a bibu!

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#34INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 3:41pm

Like the still running Encores production of "Chicago" isn't this minimal staging so ITW could move houses??

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#35INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 4:16pm

Definitely excited for a cast album. The artwork alone will look stunning on the physical copies, then there's this stunning cast.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#36INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 4:46pm

OMG! Cast Album? I hope to god that it comes ASAP! As for an extension, they absolutely should! However, I don't know if most of the cast could do an extension because of other commitments. Also, the whole theatre issue too. Where would Piano Lesson go? The St. James is more of a musical house in my opinion anyway. Into the Woods should stay at the St. James for the time being. The Shuberts are going to have a bunch of empty theatres soon so maybe Jujamcyn could let the Shuberts put on Piano lesson and co-produce the production in a Shubert house. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#37INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 4:54pm

I imagine this will become my definitive recording of the score. Can’t wait!

PipingHotPiccolo
#38INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 4:59pm

Jordan Catalano said: "ddenoff2 said: "I predict a LONG extension, and a move of The Piano Lesson to another house...as for which house...???"

"

I'm surprised they'd want to extend *at* the St James, which is unlikely to stay sold out given its enormous size, especially without Bareilles. Can she extend much longer? Wouldn't this make a ton of sense in a smaller house (and with the bare sets, not that hard to move over?)

Jordan Catalano
#39INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:01pm

To everyone who keeps talking about an extension. This is a Jujamcyn show. The other Jujamcyn houses have Funny Girl, Book of Mormon, Moulin Rouge & Hadestown. None of those are going anywhere for “Piano Lesson” or “Woods” to go into so there’s the problem…

Dylan Smith4
#40INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:02pm

Which theatre could do this? Just curious!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano
#41INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:03pm

Lol none. That’s the problem. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#42INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:05pm

Jordan Catalano said: "To everyone who keeps talking about an extension. This is a Jujamcyn show. The other Jujamcyn houses have Funny Girl, Book of Mormon, Moulin Rouge & Hadestown. None of those are going anywhere for “Piano Lesson” or “Woods” to go into so there’s the problem…"

makes sense, and quite a conundrum because I am guessing the various schedules required for Piano Lesson make any postponement impossible (though, that show, too, would benefit from a smaller house, Sam Jackson's popularity notwithstanding)

Dylan Smith4
#43INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:13pm

That's why I think Jujamcyn and the Shuberts should co-produce Piano Lesson in a Shubert house. That way, ITW can stay longer. The demand is way too high for this show only to run until late August. 

CATSNYrevival
#44INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 7:36pm

They backed themselves into a corner with the St. James. What happened to the rumors about it taking the Sondheim Theatre before it was announced for the St. James?

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#45INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:03pm

Jordan Catalano said: "To everyone who keeps talking about an extension. This is a Jujamcyn show. The other Jujamcyn houses have Funny Girl, Book of Mormon, Moulin Rouge & Hadestown. None of those are going anywhere for “Piano Lesson” or “Woods” to go into so there’s the problem…"

Exactly what I heard. They want to extend, but there's no where for Piano Lesson to go and the load-in the day after Woods loads out.

JasonC3
#46INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:15pm

it will never happen and they'd have to wait for awhile, but with Camelot moved to the spring ...

Jordan Catalano
#47INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:17pm

Camelot is a Lincoln Center production. 

joshdog2014
#48INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/13/22 at 5:18pm

https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/samuel-l-jacksons-broadway-play-the-piano-lesson-gets-shafted/?fbclid=IwAR1VaIBVAJpNM5T_ADe9YhoL5z4XIkAfpyG-STm6vsN7ROGsiJIpzYk2j5M

Well… if this is true (how reliable is the post?) then it sounds like an extension actually IS happening??? How quickly things change

Updated On: 7/13/22 at 05:18 PM

CATSNYrevival
#49INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/13/22 at 5:39pm

Saw this coming

Videos