pixeltracker

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)- Page 2

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#25Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/16/24 at 4:59pm

According to the audition notice, the final possible extension date is April 28.

Updated On: 2/16/24 at 04:59 PM

kirby1058
#26Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/20/24 at 4:35pm

Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission.

Dionysus3 Profile Photo
Dionysus3
#27Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 4:35pm

I got an email today from Playwrights Horizons that lists a 115 minute run time with no intermission. That feels a bit long for a one-act, and for a show based on a 90 minute movie, but I’m excited to see this tomorrow.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#28Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 4:51pm

Dionysus3 said: "I got an email today from Playwrights Horizons that lists a 115 minute run time with no intermission. That feels a bit long for a one-act, and for a show based on a 90 minute movie, but I’m excited to see this tomorrow."

At least it's shorter than White Girl in Danger, which had a runtime of several days.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#29Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 5:54pm

kirby1058 said: "Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission."

Oh, Jesus Christ, another one of these freaking no intermission things? Everyone knows these things generally start late, so we’re probably looking at 2 hours with no intermission. Everyone doesn’t have a bladder the size of a watermelon. If it’s over 90 minutes, have an intermission. I now regret buying my ticket. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#30Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 8:00pm

I had hoped that working with a collaborator would finally get Jackson to be more concise. He's now turned in two extremely long one-acts and one extremely long two-act. There clearly is a spark there, but he needs to learn how to cut things down. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#31Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 8:14pm

Looks like the show needs a BITE taken out of its run time.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 8:35pm

Matt Rogers said: "kirby1058 said: "Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission."

Oh, Jesus Christ, another one of these freaking no intermission things? Everyone knows these things generally start late, so we’re probably looking at 2 hours with no intermission. Everyone doesn’t have a bladder the size of a watermelon.If it’s over 90 minutes, have an intermission.I now regret buying my ticket.
"

Then sell your ticket and stop griping about the runtimes of shows. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Matt Rogers
#33Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/21/24 at 9:01pm

Kad said: "Matt Rogers said: "kirby1058 said: "Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission."

Oh, Jesus Christ, another one of these freaking no intermission things? Everyone knows these things generally start late, so we’re probably looking at 2 hours with no intermission. Everyone doesn’t have a bladder the size of a watermelon.If it’s over 90 minutes, have an intermission.I now regret buying my ticket.
"

"

No one asked for your advice and I, like every member on here, including your grand self, will gripe about whatever I like. And if anyone wants a row D aisle ticket to this thing for $106.00 for tomorrow night, let me know by private message and you got it. 

Ke3
#34Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 7:51am

Forgive me for having something resembling common sense but isn’t the point of a run a place like Playwrights Horizons where they’re focused on “support and development of new works” to help them glean what they need to cut, change, and otherwise adjust in the show? He has not “turned in” anything unusual since a show being too long is the most common thing in the world for a first performance of a work that’s only had readings and workshops.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#35Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 8:13am

Ke3 said: "Forgive me for having something resembling common sense but isn’t the point of a run a place like Playwrights Horizons where they’re focused on “support and development of new works” to help them glean what they need to cut, change, and otherwise adjust in the show? He has not “turned in” anything unusual since a show being too long isthe most common thing in the world for a first performance of a work that’s only had readings and workshops."

Exactly. A STRANGE LOOP changed quite a bit from its Playwrights run.

That being said, did anyone actually SEE the first preview or is everyone just having a collective kvetch? I’m going tonight

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

berniesb!tch
#36Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 9:51am

Matt Rogers said: "Kad said: "Matt Rogers said: "kirby1058 said: "Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission."

"

"

No one asked for your advice and I, like every member on here, including your grand self, will gripe about whatever I like. And if anyone wants a row D aisle ticket to this thing for $106.00 for tomorrow night, let me know by private message and you got it.
"

I just tried messaging you and it wouldn't let me. Are you still selling?

All So Ozmopolitan
#37Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 10:36am

By now, I think we should all know to avoid early previews (especially a Jackson musical) if you're worried about runtime. 

Matt Rogers
#38Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 10:56am

berniesb!tch said: "Matt Rogers said: "Kad said: "Matt Rogers said: "kirby1058 said: "Just got a reminder email for the first preview tomorrow and the runtime is 1:50 with no intermission."

"

"

"

I just tried messaging you and it wouldn't let me. Are you still selling?
"

Yup. It was $106.00 with the service fees, but I'll take a flat $100 if you're still interested. Not sure why it's not letting you message me. Let me try to message you. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#39Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 11:23am

I’ll never understand people complaining about the runtime of a one act. Most movies are 2+ hours and don’t have an intermission, but people never complain about that! 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#40Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 11:52am

gleek4114 said: "I’ll never understand people complaining about the runtime of a one act. Most movies are 2+ hours and don’t have an intermission, but people never complain about that!"

You can leave a movie fairly easily and without disruption if you need to go the bathroom. Unless you're on an aisle, you can't do that at the theater. 

A movie is about 15$, if I miss something crucial I can go back if I feel it's necessary. I can also watch the movie as many times as I'd like and it will always be the same. A ticket to a play is far more expensive and I'd rather not miss anything. Theater is ephemeral so even if I return I still won't see the exact thing I missed. 

You're comparing two completely different things. 

I'm diabetic and have to go to the bathroom more than the average bear. I compensate by not drinking long before the show.  I don't complain about runtimes but at a certain time limit, it does cause distress. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

Matt Rogers
#41Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 1:29pm

gleek4114 said: "I’ll never understand people complaining about the runtime of a one act. Most movies are 2+ hours and don’t have an intermission, but people never complain about that!"

Because in a movie, you can easily get up and use the restroom without it becoming an international incident. It's really not rocket science. 

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#42Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 1:54pm

Ok, so ANYWAY - any reports from the first preview last night?

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#43Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 3:09pm

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "Ok, so ANYWAY - any reports from the first preview last night?"

Would also love to know - trying to decide between seeing this or Prayer for the French Republic on Saturday (my last night in the city)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#44Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 3:22pm

Well you better decide soon. According to their website there are two single tickets left (one each for two different dates) for the entire run.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#45Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 3:27pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Well you better decide soon. According to their website there are two single tickets left (one each for two different dates) for the entire run."

Could be wrong, but I thought they set aside a certain number of seats for rush?

Jordan Catalano
Jordan Catalano
#47Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 5:09pm

Also about the run time, keep in mind that this entire show runs only a couple minutes longer than act one of “Cabaret” does.

lopside
#48Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 5:15pm

Also the comparison to a movie, doesn't really work since most people do not leave in the middle of films, especially from the middle of a row. I find it so hard to believe that 2hrs without intermission is such an issue for grown adults, unless it is a medical condition

Dionysus3 Profile Photo
Dionysus3
#49Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
Posted: 2/22/24 at 6:04pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Well you better decide soon. According to their website there are two single tickets left (one each for two different dates) for the entire run."

Could be wrong, but I thought they set aside a certain number of seats for rush?
"

I would certainly bet on them setting aside seats. I got an email from the box office notifying me that my original aisle seat was being updated to reflect a “partial view,” and they were able to move me to a different aisle seat despite being listed as sold out online.

Videos