pixeltracker

LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?- Page 2

LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?

bwayobsessed
#25LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/25/24 at 7:50pm

This is an opera roll essentially. James had the perfect voice for it, much better than Morrison. I like many of the movie names thrown around a few posts back but I don’t think any of them can sing the part remotely well

Jarethan
#26LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/25/24 at 8:00pm

bwayobsessed said: "This is an opera roll essentially. James had the perfect voice for it, much better than Morrison. I like many of the movie names thrown around a few posts back but I don’t think any of them can sing the part remotely well"

I agree, and even if they could, why would they?

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#27LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/25/24 at 8:03pm

Does this opera roll come with butter? Or should I order the croissant instead?

WindyNewYorker
#28LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/25/24 at 8:49pm

I hope Ruthie and Anna will be in the Broadway transfer if this is really going to happen!! Please let this be true.

BorisTomashevsky
#29LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/25/24 at 11:02pm

Gish missed some notes the night I saw it. In fairness to him, the rehearsal period for Encores is very tight and intense so voices are really pushed. But these sounded like out-of-range difficulties. (Ruthie also was not strong with some of her vocal lines, sounding like fatigue rather than inability).

Of all I’ve seen and heard in person and in video form, I think Aaron Lazar sang it the best. 

Updated On: 6/25/24 at 11:02 PM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#30LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 2:21am

As much as everyone loved this, hasn’t the buzz died down? Seems unlikely for a transfer a year or two later, no?

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#31LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 3:16am

Actually I don't think any Fabrizio sounded (or looked) better than David Burnham

WindyNewYorker
#32LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 8:34am

Kad said: "Look at the OP’s post history and you’ll find the answer as to how likely it is this is happening."

Ugh….i jumped out of my seat too early….sigh.

Owen22
#33LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 11:28am

I guess I just don't pay enough attention to board names and avatars. Is this Jesse St James character a liar or does he just exaggerate?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#34LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 11:47am

bwayobsessed said: "This is an opera roll"

Sounds delicious.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 12:56pm

While I don’t trust the OP, Miles’ performance NEEDS to be seen again. It was extraordinary.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#36LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 2:50pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "MatthewS1 said: "Poor James D Gish, he deserves to transfer :("

That classically pretty white tenor will be fine :)
"

He's one of the best (and handsome), believable and natural tenors in the business right now (and yes, he's white? ... and ...?) -- He and Anna had the best vocals in the show (sorry Ruthie) - and complimented each other gorgeously.  We're hoping they can find another equally gorgeous legit tone over a Matthew Morrison type trying ...

MatthewS1
#37LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 2:57pm

CoffeeBreak said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "MatthewS1 said: "Poor James D Gish, he deserves to transfer :("

That classically pretty white tenor will be fine :)
"

He's one of the best (and handsome), believable and natural tenors in the business right now (and yes, he's white? ... and ...?) -- He and Anna had the best vocals in the show (sorry Ruthie) - and complimented each other gorgeously. We're hoping they can find another equally gorgeous legit tone over a Matthew Morrison type trying ...
"

I also just saw him in Les Mis at The Muny as Enjolras and he was great. What I meant by my original comment was what you said- I hope that if they do star-cast the role, they don't sacrifice vocal ability to get a name.

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#38LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 5:53pm

bwayobsessed said: "This is an opera roll"

On a plateful of Broadway Bagels?

Musicaldudepeter
#39LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 6:14pm

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but Ruthie Ann Miles cannot handle the vocal demands of Margaret Johnson. She could barely get through 'Fable' at City Center. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#40LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 6:49pm

No it’s really a role for Kelli ohara to do.  Let’s save the revival for her 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
Posted: 6/26/24 at 6:49pm

She sounded lovely singing the score, yes, there was some strain on “Fable” but maybe they can slightly lower the key to better suit her range. Her delivery of “The Beauty Is” reprise and “Fable” was absolutely unforgettable, IMO. 

Videos