obsessed?

Ebonic_Singer
#25re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:54am

TOXIC AUDIO--all the time.

If not, I'm recently involved in Songs For a New World.

Oh and there was the Bat Boy obsession. Yeah. A lot.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#26re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:49am

Do I even have to say it?

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#27re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:55am

when i first got my hairspray cd i didnt listen to anything else for a long time

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

JohnnyTlover216
#28re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:37am

Two years ago I started to like 'RENT' - and once I knew some of the words, I became obsessed. I never stopped listening to it for about like 7 months (it was the only thing i listened to)... it started getting on peoples nerves so I tried giving it up for lent- ... it worked for about 2 days.

Ruv and hate, they like to brothers, who go on a date

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#29re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 11:57am

I am currently listening to Shoshana Bean's "Ain't No Way"...and have been listening to it (and very little else) for about two weeks now.

CJR
#30re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:05pm

when i was in high school i would listen to the first rent cd on the way to school in the morning and the 2nd one on the way home.

Damn.. how far away from your school did you live?

As for me... When I was little the only three records (yes records) I would let my parents play for the LONGEST time were Free to Be You and Me, Chicago and A Chorus Line.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 9/3/04 at 12:05 PM

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#31re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:20pm

Well I have an hour commute to work.. Usually in my car on a more than regular basis is:

CHicago
Wicked
Boy From OZ
Ave Q

CrowdMeWithLove
#32re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:45pm

When I was in eighth and ninth grade, I was absolutely completely obsessed with the Rent recording. My friend and I were actually in this church youth group together called FIAT (Faith in Action Teens)...which was, in all honesty, forced upon me by my incredibly Catholic parents. Anyway, we went on a "retreat" once to this monastary, and we literally spent the ENTIRE time just singing different Rent songs. I sang all the girl parts and Mark...and he sang all the boy parts and Joanne. We got in trouble for singing about inappropriate things and using curse words in a monastary. But we got through the whole show about 3 times!! re: obsessed? However, I eventually over-played the recording for myself...and I'm now sick of it. Which is sad, because I loved it so much.

I'm also a huge David Bowie fan, so I am constantly playing his The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars.

And the past two years, I play Sweeney Todd constantly...and lately, I've been getting REALLY into Caroline, or Change.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#33re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:03pm

i dont really have a favorite but once i got ahold of the bare cd i listened to it non stop i was completly obsessed lol but before then it was all wicked and now its all BROOKYLN/Eden Espinosa

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#34re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:05pm

I've been listening to "Passion" OBC non stop for the past two weeks- seriously, I take the cd with me wherever I go. It's gotten to be, yeah, you said it, kinda obsessive.

Plus I had a period of over a year when I didn't listen to anything but Barbra Streisand cd's.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#35re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:05pm

The four cds I listen to non-stop are:

RENT
Tick tick Boom
Bare
TABOO

Everytime one cd is done playing I put another one in and it just keeps on rotating.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Updated On: 9/3/04 at 01:05 PM

#36re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:34pm

I've listened to 'Run Freedom Run' for over an hour, too!!

Assassins didn't leave my CD player from the day it came out until I left to go back to college (last Friday). And that was only because my Mom didn't want to hear a show she didn't know. But I made her listen to it on the second day of our journey into the city. I've listened to 'Another National Anthem' for over an hour once driving home from work and 'Something Just Broke' another hour and 'Everybody's Got the Right' (the first one) another day another hour.

I also listen to a CD until I know all the words. Except for Bounce. I listened to that 4 times and then turned it off. I just couldn't get into it. Sorry Sondheim. Sorry Gavin. I just couldn't.

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#37re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:46pm

I guess I have to make an appearance on this thread for my almost 5 hour straight session of Petrified...now that's love!

Most recently though I'm addicted to Bare!!

taboo17
#38re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 4:15pm

Obsessed? I just might be. re: obsessed?

Thought I'd bring my post about "Taboo" from the Raul Esparza thread over here:

Not sure what my official time is but it's up there. I'm the one who went on a three week trip to U.K. and it was the only CD I brought along with me.

Once working late, I listened to "Taboo" for 12 hours straight.

But, then again, Ruffian probably has me beat.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#39re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:44pm

***Not a broadway cd exactly...but I've listened to Idina Menzel's Still I Can't Be Still for hours and hours at time time.

And here's my shameless plug for both of her CDs...great works even if you are not a fan of her theatre work.***

I must agree. Right after I bought it, I listend to "Here" every night before bed. It's such a good CD.

DFYINGRVTY (or something like that)
you've been listening to Wicked since you got the CD in November, yet it didn't come out until the middle of December re: obsessed?

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#40re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:45pm

---when i was in high school i would listen to the first rent cd on the way to school in the morning and the 2nd one on the way home.

Damn.. how far away from your school did you live?----

before i could drive i rode a bus, so even though i only lived 30 min away, the bus took about an hour and 10 min or so- just enough time to listen to 1 of the 2 rent cds re: obsessed?

insomniak
#41re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:46pm

CrowdMe, you sound like me... *worries* Does this mean I will start to hate Rent? I don't want to get burnt out on it...

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#42re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:49pm

yea ive been thinking about that too... ive been pretty open to new musicals a can share my obsession with-right now those would be TTB aida wicked and chicago... so hopefully i dont get tired of anything

J-Pill Profile Photo
J-Pill
#43re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:50pm

QUOTE:
"Plus I had a period of over a year when I didn't listen to anything but Barbra Streisand cd's."

YEAH!!! lol..
Actually, last week I listened to nothing but her.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#44re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:17pm

a whole week of barbara streisand? a whole year?!!!! --- NOW THAT'S SCARY! Updated On: 9/3/04 at 07:17 PM

#45re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:26pm

i used to listen to the wicked cd all the time, but then i got a bunch of bootleg songs from wicked and their much better!

Guido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
#46re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:50pm

ive had a broadway rotation of 3 cds going now for the last 2 months or so...wicked, bat boy, and the last 5 years. in that order.

"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#47re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:59pm

PETER PAN!!!!!!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Hank
#48re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:39pm

For me it's Thoroughly Modern Millie.
I was wondering how many plays can I get from a CD before it skips or sounds scratchy, well the one in my car has been play hundreds of times, maybe once a week lately, but for the first year or so, nearly every day on my way home from work (it usualy takes me 45 minutes with no trafic jam), and it's still going strong.
I really love it! Even when I went away on vacations, I listened to it while cruising down Las Vegas Blvd., Rt 6 in Cape Cod, and on A1A in Florida.
Taboo is a great OBCR too, and I could easily see how one can get obsessed with that one as well. It's also become one of my favorites.

krolockskid
#49re: obsessed?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:17pm

When I was in high school I used to listen to the Phantom OLC recording just about every day. Now Taboo is going in a pretty steady rotation in my stereo, both the London and Broadway versions. :)

On a clear day I can see myself for miles

Videos