pixeltracker

LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....- Page 2

LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#25re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/2/04 at 10:50pm

You're very welcome. I mean, I rock out (can we use the phrase rock out in regard to musicals) to Hairspray and the new crop of shows as much as anyone here, but I started loving musicals because of Cole Porter and the rest of the classics. :)

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#26re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/2/04 at 11:14pm

Top 3 of each...

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Sweeney Todd from Sweeney Todd, Chauvelin from The Scarlet Pimpernel, and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Angela Lansbury, Kristin Chenoweth, and Carol Channing.

Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- George Hern, Harvey, and Nathan.

Best Duet(of all time)- Not the best of all time but personal favorites, You Are My Home from The Scarlet Pimpernel, I Knew Him So Well from Chess, and On The Willows from Godspell For Good from Wicked, and I Will Never Leave You from Side Show.

Best Female solo number(of all time)- Defying Gravity from Wicked (ducks), Worst Pies in London from Sweeney Todd, and My Strongest Suit from Aida.

Best Male solo number(of all time)- I Am What I Am from La Cage Aux Follies, Glory from Rent, and Close Every Door to Me from Joseph...Dreamcoat.

Best Ensemble number(of all time)- Rent from Rent, You Can't Stop The Beat from Hairspray, and Tradition from Fiddler.

Haha sorry, there's like 5 duets listed :0D

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#27re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/2/04 at 11:38pm

I don't feel like thinking!

Plus, my memory isn't that great of shows from back when!

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#28re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/3/04 at 3:08am

Nominees, winners capitals
Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- SWEENEY TODD, Javert, Cora Hoover Hooper (Anyone Can Whistle)
Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- BERNADETTE PETERS, ETHEL MERMAN, ANGELA LANSBURY, ELAINE STRITCH, JULIE ANDREWS(yay! go the emmy award winning gal) - i mean who could choose one from these five

Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- NATHAN LANE, Phil Silvers, Zero Mostel

Best Duet(of all time)- A LITTLE PRIEST (Sweeney Todd), Move On (Sunday in the Park with George), Brush Up Your Shakespeare (Kiss Me, Kate)

Best Female solo number(of all time)- ROSE'S TURN (Gypsy), LOSING MY MIND (Follies), BROADWAY BABY (as done by Bernadette Peters in Sondheim, Etc) THE LADIES WHO LUNCH (Company)...once again i cant choose

Best Male solo number(of all time)- SOLILOQUY (Carousel), Epiphany (Sweeney Todd), What Kind of Fool Am I? (Stop the World - I Want To Get Off) Marry Me A Little (Company)

Best Ensemble number(of all time)- Weekend in the Country (A Little Night Music), Everybody's Got The Right (Reprise) (Assassins), Simple (Anyone Can Whistle...an odd choice...but i love this, and done well it is fantastic) SIDE BY SIDE/WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU? (Company)

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
TheatreRatinBlue
#29re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/3/04 at 4:25am

Well here goes.

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)-Sweeney Todd...how can you not pick him?!
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)-Julie Andrews...i feel that this catergory should actually be best actress not best comedy actress...but that's just me.
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)-Joel Grey
Best Duet(of all time)- Wunderbar (Kiss Me Kate)or my personal favorite A Little Priest (Sweeney Todd)
Best Female solo number(of all time)- With One Look (Sunset Boulevard)
Best Male solo number(of all time)- Old Man River (Show Boat)
Best Ensemble number(of all time)- Masquerade (TPOTO)

And I'm going to Add Two

Best Composer-Sondheim
That Composers Best Show-Sunday in the Park with George Updated On: 11/3/04 at 04:25 AM

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#30re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/5/04 at 5:40pm

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time) - Audrey 2 - LSOH
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Kristin Chenowith
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Anyone playing Edna Turnblad in Hairspray.
Best Duet(of all time) - A Little Fall Of Rain
Best Female solo number(of all time) - Gimme Gimme/Roxie
Best Male solo number(of all time) - Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
Best Ensemble number(of all time) - You Can't Stop The Beat

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#31re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/5/04 at 5:52pm

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)-Charlie (The music man)
Best Actress in a Musical(of all time)-Eden (Brooklyn)
Best Actor in a Musical(of all time)-
Best Duet(of all time)- Sun and Moon (Miss Saigon)
Best Female solo number(of all time)- Memory (Cats)... Yes I said MEMORY! Not really a solo... but it's close enough
Best Male solo number(of all time)-Stars (Les Miz)
Best Ensemble number(of all time)Emerald City(Wicked)

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#32re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/5/04 at 6:45pm

Best Villain in a Musical(of all time)- Sweeney Todd
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- I really can't pick!
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- oy, i hate picking actor(es)s. I dont know them all!
Best Duet(of all time)- I Know Him so Well (Chess)
Best Female solo number(of all time)- Hard to choose. Rose's Turn from Gypsy.
Best Male solo number(of all time)- Again, three choices because I couldn't narrow it down. I Am What I Am from La Cage Aux Folles is great. I also I have a soft spot for One Song Glory (just my favorite, not all time best!)
Best Ensemble number(of all time) - Wilkomen! (Cabaret)

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#33re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/5/04 at 11:45pm

I also agree, why best COMEDY actor/actress and not just actor/actress, or have both comedy AND dramatic? I've rarely seen "comic" performances that I found even slightly amusing - the dramatic ones are always more effecting and quite remarkable. And whoever said MEMORY isn't really a solo? Obviously they don't know the song - it's a complete solo. Anyway...my choices are (and I'm not doing comedy only) :

Best Villain: Not a true villain, but the best in my opinion is The Witch in INTO THE WOODS.

Best Musical Actress: Bernadette Peters - she's the ONLY true talented diva left.

Best Musical Actor: The only leading male performance that's made an impact on me EVER on Broadway is Antonio Banderas in NINE. He was raped by the Tony Awards that year when Harvey stole the award from him - terrible.

Best Duet: Move On, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE.

Best Male Solo Number: Petrified, TABOO.

Best Female Solo Number: Unusual Way, NINE.

Best Ensemble Number: I'm always attracted to moving things more than just FUN things, but my top three would have to be the Finale from RENT, You Can't Stop the Beat from HAIRSPRAY, and, the best EVER - Come On In From The Outside from TABOO.

you should add more categories and expand them to plays, not just musicals.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

FabalaCohen
#34re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/5/04 at 11:58pm

Going with an earlier post, but the best of what I've seen/heard

Best Villian: Ins. Javert or the Phantom
Best Comedy Actress: Julie Andrews, Victor/Victoria (well...FILM version at least. Gotta live with what you can get)
Best Comedy Actor: Zero Mostel, The Producers (again, film version)
Best Duet: I Should Tell You or As Long As You're Mine OR What You Own
Best Female Solo: On My Own
Best Male Solo: One Song Glory
Best Ensemble: Seasons of Love, One Day More, Masquerade...

DON'T KILL ME! This is the stuff I've seen or heard.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

munkustrap178
#35re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 12:09am

I forgot Julie Andrews - Add her with Bernadette.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BLAST!ismo2 Profile Photo
BLAST!ismo2
#36re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 12:34am

Best Villain in a Musical(of all time)- Javert from Les Miz
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Bernadette Petters
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Nathan Lane
Best Duet(of all time)- Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better (Petters/Wopat)
Best Female solo number(of all time)- Someone Like You - Jekyll and Hyde
Best Male solo number(of all time)- I Wanna Be A Producer
Best Ensemble number(of all time) - Circle of Life - Lion King

munkustrap178
#37re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 12:38am

Am I the only one that doesn't find anything Nathan Lane funny in anything he's ever done? He's not BAD, but he's not extraordinarily funny - he's himself in everything exactly like Kristen Chenoweth. I'm over them.

timote316
#38re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 10:30am

I'll go with the shows I've seen live and in person for the actor/actress ones, and CDs I have/heard for the song ones...

Best Villian in a Musical - Time and Change in Fiddler (lol, I liked that one, spider)
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical - JLT (Wicked)
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical - Nathan Lane (Producers)
Best Duet - What You Own (Rent)
Best Female solo number - Don't Cry for Me, Argentina (Evita)
Best Male solo number - Make Them Hear You (Ragtime)
Best Ensemble number - Something Just Broke (Assassins - not all of ensemble, but amazing song anyway)

Twilight Profile Photo
Twilight
#39re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 2:25pm

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Audrey 2, Little Shop
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)-Kristen Chenoweth
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Douglass Sills
Best Duet(of all time)- "Without You" - Rent, "A Boy Like That" - West Side Story
Best Female solo number(of all time)- "Someone Like You" Jekyll and Hyde
Best Male solo number(of all time)- "Where's the Girl" The Scarlet Pimpernel, "Epiphany" Sweeny Todd
Best Ensemble number(of all time)- "Your Fault" Into the Woods, "Madame Guillotine" Scarlet Pimpernel

I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul my only goal is just to be

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#40re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 2:49pm

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Judge Turpin 'Sweeney' (Sweeney is not a villan)

Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Lainie Kazan 'My Faviroute Year'

Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Lewis Cleale 'Amour'

Best Duet(of all time)- Notice me horton 'Suessical'

Best Ensemble number(of all time)- Sunday 'Sunday in the park...'

Best Female Solo Song (of all time) - We can do better than that 'The last five years'

Best Male Solo Song (of all time) - I wanna do debbie 'Debbie does dallas'

Updated On: 11/6/04 at 02:49 PM

FosseBoi
#41re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 2:55pm

- the one from MILLIE( cant remember the name)
-Kristin in WICKED
-Harvy Firestene
-Kristin and Idina (FOR GOOD)
-Idina DEFYING GRAVITY, dont know if that counts since the cast sings stuff in it. If has to be where one person sings- Berny singing ROSES TURN
-Adam Pascal GLORY
-NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

thibodeaux Profile Photo
thibodeaux
#42re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/6/04 at 6:38pm

Best Villian in a Musical: Sweeney Todd, Sweeney Todd

Best Comedy Actress in a Musical: Angela Lansbury, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Megan Mullaly

Best Comedy Actor in a Musical: Nathan Lane,

Best Duet: "Compliments", 1776; "Without Love", Hairspray; "The Next Ten Minutes", The Last 5 Years

Best Female solo number: "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going", Dreamgirls; "Your Daddy's Son", Ragtime, "Moment In the Woods", Into the Woods

Best Male solo number: "Barret's Song", Titanic; "The Night That Goldman Spoke at Union Square", Ragtime

Best Ensemble number: "Sit Down, John", 1776; "You Can't Stop the Beat", Hairspray

perhaps i'll edit later with more.

whatever and ever amen - ben folds five

suchclumsytime
#43re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/7/04 at 1:50am

Best Villian in a Musical (of all time): Cousin Kevin/Tommy...okay, so it's a HORRIBLE choice, but I really do love the little devil!

Best Comedy Actress in a Musical (of all time): Angela Lansbury/Everything she's EVER done in her whole entire career

Best Comedy Actor in a Musical (of all time): Zero Mostel/...Forum, Fiddler on the Roof

Best Duet (of all time): Lily's Eyes/Secret Garden

Best Female solo number (of all time): Johnny One Note, Lady is a Tramp/Babes in Arms; Memory/CATS (but has anyone noticed that Betty Buckley murders it when she performs it during cabaret spots? She killed her own song...)

Best Male solo number (of all time): Shalom, I Will Follow You (I *think* this is a male number, although I've never actually heard the cast recording...but I'm not paying $65 for it!)/Milk and Honey; I Don't Care Much (I saw it at a local college -- just one verse of it was employed during a scene change, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen or heard), If You Could See Her/Cabaret;

Best Ensemble number (of all time): All That Jazz/Chicago; Wilkommen, Finale/Cabaret

But if you kiss me,
If we touch,
Warning's fair:
I don't care
Very much

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#44re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:41pm

yea... Actress should definitely go to JULIE ANDREWS.
She used to be so amazing, and she still is... although the stupid doctors should be sued.
As the backup nominee... Bernadette Peters. She is also amazing, but again... Julie Andrews.
enough said.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

judy_in_disguise
#45re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/10/04 at 1:02am

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Sweeny Todd
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Michele Pawk
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Nathan Lane
Best Duet(of all time)- "I'd Give It All for You"- SFANW
Best Female solo number(of all time)- Always True To You (In My Fashion)- Kiss Me Kate
Best Male solo number(of all time)- the Transformation from Jekyll and Hyde
Best Ensemble number(of all time)- One Day More- Les Miserables

#46re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/10/04 at 1:17am

Granted I'm only 18 and I've only seen The Lion King (Woo hoo) I'll try and answer these as much as I can.

Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Agravain
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)- Peters
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Gray
Best Duet(of all time)- grr! Assassins...Manson and the pot smoker...can't remember..grr!
Best Female solo number(of all time)- MEMORY
Best Male solo number(of all time)- Empty Chairs....Tables
Best Ensemble number(of all time)- Circle of Life

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
TheatreRatinBlue
#47re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/10/04 at 1:53am

"Am I the only one that doesn't find anything Nathan Lane funny in anything he's ever done? He's not BAD, but he's not extraordinarily funny - he's himself in everything exactly like Kristen Chenoweth. I'm over them."

I actually agree with you. I like Nathan Lane and Kristen Chenoweth and all but they just...ACT the same way. take kirsten in Wicked and YAGMCB she played them nearly the same. Another person who's a lot like them is Matthew Brodrick but the only difference is that i DON'T like him not after that remake of Music Man when his performance was so freaking flat.

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#48re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/10/04 at 11:20am

Okay, I had a lot of trouble with this, so I decided to limit myself to only newer musicals--1980's-now (and as you can see, I still couldn't totally do it.

Best Villian: Hyde or Gaston (Note: I do not consider Javert or the Phantom Villians, which is why they did not win hands down).
Best Comedy Actress: Bernadette Peters
Best Comedy Actor: Nathan Lane
Duet: All I Ask of You
Female Solo: On my Own (totally overdone and cheesy now, but when it's professional it's amazing)
Male Solo: Music of the Night
Ensemble: One Day More (although Cell Block Tango is up there as well).

Okay, I totally cheated, but I wanted to play and I can't make decisions :)

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#49re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
Posted: 11/10/04 at 11:21am

Oooh, I'm cheating again. I want to change my vote for Best Duet to "Point of No Return from POTO.

:)

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Videos