pixeltracker

Broadway Stars and Solo Albums- Page 2

Broadway Stars and Solo Albums

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#25re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 7:50pm

oh awsome!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

WickedRentHead
#26re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:23pm

Not to be repetative but I also thoroughly enjoy both of Idina's CD's, both of Adams, Kristin Chenoweth: Let Yourself Go and Patti LuPone's Matters of the Heart.

Cant wait for Cheno's new CD...comes out right around my birthday...yay

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#27re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:28pm

I would like to see the following people release albums:

Laura Benanti (did she release one?)
Jane Krakowski
Sutton Foster
Randy Graff
Carolee Carmello

Also, I don't think that Donna Murphy has ever released a solo album.

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#28re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:40pm

Of course I need to add Susan Egan's CDs to the list - all three are amazing in my opinion, but So Far.. and Coffeehouse definitely are something special. I'm waiting for Still I Can't be Still to come in the mail, but the songs I know from it already are fabulous.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#29re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 10:08pm

Randy Graff has a SENSATIONAL Cy Coleman album, it's about 7 or 8 years old. Fabulous quirky arrangements. I've forgotten the title...

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#30re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 10:26pm

I will second Susan Egan! She's so fabulous.

Linda Mugleston has quite a nice CD out also...her voice is gorgeous...

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#31re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 10:34pm

Two words: Billy Porter

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#32re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 11:25pm

The only ones I have are both of Adam's, Anthony's, and Cheno's. LOVE Adam's and Anthony's, but rarely listen to Kristin's. It's cute, but I get tired of cute really fast.

PS- Anyone feel like forcing Raul to release one with me???

Chrysanthemum62001
#33re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 11:36pm

Alix, I'm behind you 100 percent! It is definately about time for one. Although, I don't know when he would actually have the time to record one.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 2/3/05 at 11:36 PM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#34re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 11:48pm

All of Anthony Warlow cds. THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL!!!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#35re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/3/05 at 11:48pm

Does he write his own stuff, or are we talking showtunes? I know he plays guitar and piano, but... hm.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chrysanthemum62001
#36re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:01am

I'm talking showtunes. There is a WHOLE Sondheim library that I would love to hear!
But, I'll take what I can get. If he wanted to write "finding myself" music, sure, I would support that too.
I just don't see any of this happening for a while, though. He seems to have a lot going.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Lifeoftheparty2 Profile Photo
Lifeoftheparty2
#37re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:09am

both of Idina's cds are amazing- Here & Still I Can't Be Still
both of Adams cds are AMAZING- Model Prisoner & Civilian

I used to love Alice Ripley's cd "Everythings Fine", havent lisetened to it much lately tho.
Same with Daphne. I used to be obsessed with her cd "Souvenirs" but just havent listened to it lately.
I have Sherie's cd "Men I've Had" but unfortunately never got into it. Probably wasn't the right time for me so eventually I'll start listening to it and (hopefully) love it.

*Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of someone else* -Judy Garland

parker russel
#38re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:22am

I can't believe no one's mentioned Ellen Greene's new CD, "In His Eyes". Its beautiful and very intimate. Her rendition of Pirate Jenny is spine tingling.

I also really like Maya Days club stuff with the Tamperer. My favorite song is "Hammer to the Heart".

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#39re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:46am

Why doesn't Carolee have a solo album?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

jmnpublications
#40re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 1:09am

Rachel York just released her first solo CD, "Let's Fall in Love," and it's terrific. As one reviewer said on the Barnes & Noble Web page, "Like butta!"

Check it out. It's a different side to the Broadway diva - she's crossed over into adult jazz, singing a dozen great standards. She does Ella, Rosemary, Peggy and Etta proud! There are even shades of Barbra. Great stuff.

lc

clarky Profile Photo
clarky
#41re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 1:24am

A friend of mine from Europe brought me as a gift this incredible Album called "Kenneth Posey - If I Sing" it is by far the best album I have heard in years.

I found this website with soundclips on it:
www.kennethposey.de/mulitmedia.htm

it's just great!

Love Linda and Anthony as well. Why does Stokes not have one out yet?

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#42re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 1:39am

Who's definitely adding Michael Arden's album to their list when it's released? re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

jdanton2 Profile Photo
jdanton2
#43re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 7:00am

and of course there is Tamyra Gray and her cd The Dreamer. Tamyra cowrote 12 out of the 13 songs on her cd. not only is she a great actress as she has shown on broadway as well as tv she can sing as well as write her songs as well. with a possible movie on the way Tamyra is showing us all how good she is at anything she touches.

http://www.tamyra.org

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#44re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 7:02am

Raul can release a showtunes album AND one of his own music. The more the better :)

melissa errico fan
#45re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 7:18am

I checked out Amazon for the Randy Graff solo album. It's out of print, and the only used copy is selling for $60! Jesus! Maybe I'll look on eBay for it.

melissa errico fan
#46re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 7:35am

YES! Somebody is selling it on eBay for $6.99! I'm quite happy.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#47re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 8:59am

You'll enjoy it!

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#48re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:44pm

"Listen to my Heart" - Laurie Beechman
It's the gold standard. The day I found out that she died, I put this on and sobbed.

"Patti LuPone - Live" - double CD.
One of my favorites. Alternately hilarious and thrilling.

"Way Back to Paradise" - Audra McDonald
The first is always my favorite.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#49re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
Posted: 2/4/05 at 12:49pm

Maureen McGovern has a few cd's out there - there are three that are "one composer" cd's - one is all Arlen, one is Gershwin, one is Marilyn and Alan Bergman. Obviously a lot of the songs are familiar to us already but her poignant interpretation makes them new.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Videos