pixeltracker

What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?- Page 2

What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?

Joshua488
#25re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:06am

I would love to see it.

What is the problem with Disney on Broadway? If you don't like it, don't see it.

aegeusrocks Profile Photo
aegeusrocks
#26re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:13am

It's not that I don't like their musicals, heck, I loved TLK, and B and B, and sort of Aida. It's just that I think that they take up waaaay too much space. They need to allow opportunities for other people to enter onto the Broadway scene, and right now, they're just a big conglomerate slowly taking up more and more theaters.

Joshua488
#27re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:16am

I thought Disney only has two theaters... three, counting Tarzan. I think the people at Disney are smart enough to know their limits and realize that they just can't usurp everyone else and control Broadway.
Updated On: 7/9/05 at 01:16 AM

aegeusrocks Profile Photo
aegeusrocks
#28re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:22am

Well, obviously they can't, I guess you're correct about the amount of theaters, it just seems as if they've grown significantly on Broadway in the past decade even.

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#29re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 8:03am

If they have the money and the market want them to present it, why should they stop? Broadway is, in the final analysis, a business. If there is money to make, Disney should come in and do it.

As for Pocahontas, I'd rather see Mulan. However, I rather see Pocahontas before Tarzan.

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#30re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:03am

Yes I agree with Forester that I'd rather see Mulan than Pocahontas and Pocahontas before Tarzan. I know the perfect actor who could play the guy that's in charge of making sure Shang does the right thing(I don't know if that's a good explanation of him). Jonathan Pryce! He'd be great as that guy. I think he's the guy who hates Shang Li and yells at Mulan's dad in the beginning because Mulan spoke out or something.

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#31re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:18am

definetly better than Tarzan, and i would LOVE to go and see it!

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:39pm

Does anyone have a file of Sara's version of TCOTW on their computer? If so, please PM me if youd be willing to trade for something (the "something" will probably regarding Wicked re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway? ) Thanks.

#33re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:42pm

sara would be good... I guess I love stephen but maby thats becouse of my name! :)

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#34re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 12:44pm

It's actually my favorite of the new Disney collection and I think that it might better than Tarzan and the music is much better too!

Still wherever Pocohontes goes, she always bring up controversy......

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#35re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:06pm

Good lord people! I was kidding. Do I actually need to explain this joke to you?

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#36re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 2:13pm

Pocahantas is infinately a better idea than Tarzan, and is much more transferable than The Little Mermaid. *shrugs* I would see it.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#37re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 2:35pm

I could easily envision another Sara, Ms Gettelfinger, in the title role. She wold be a beautiful Pocahontas.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#38re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 2:36pm

I think the one from Spelling Bee should play her.

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#39re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 3:37pm

Ma-anne Dionisio or Lea Salonga would be amazing in the role. I would pay top dollar to see them star in Pocahontas the musical.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#40re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 4:26pm

Unlike THE LION KING and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (and even TARZAN and THE LITTLE MERMAID), the movie POCAHONTAS was one of Disney's most disappointing animated ventures, both critically and financially. I don't see Disney wanting to develop it into an expensive stage musical.

It's also, in my view, one of Disney's most flawed films: a historically-inaccurate plot, bland songs and a weak narrative. If Disney was to develop another musical from one of its animated movies, I'd put MULAN on the top of the list, as storywise it's the strongest, and is fertile material for stylistic interpretation (can you imagine the Chinese-influenced staging?). ALADDIN would be my second choice.

Besides, do we need another half-baked Schwartz musical on Broadway? re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

kombatkoala
#41re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 4:35pm

I'd say either Karen Olivo or Eden Espinosa. Altough I do love Sara Ramirez.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#42re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 6:01pm

I personally hated POCHACOOTER! I thought that Disney should have least tried to keep it somewhat historically accurate but alas, they failed miserably. I like Judy Khn singing in the film and that is it. I am curious to see the new film THE NEW WORLD with the very sezzy Colin Farrel that is premiering this fall though. I certainly hope that it would be more historically accurate.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#43re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/05 at 7:13pm

Feast your ears on this...

Sara Ramirez "Colors of the Wind"

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Broadwaygirl22
#44re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 7/10/05 at 3:44pm

omg she has a beautiful voice. she or lea salonga would be a great choice for pocahontas.

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#45re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 6:03pm

Maybe Hercules?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#46re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 6:05pm

I'd love to see Victoria Clark and John Cullum in a stage version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Other than that, Mary Poppins and a rock opera about Walt Disney, I'd love to see Disney on Broadway close up shop.

Broadwaygirl22
#47re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 6:07pm

Hercules would be interesting on Broadway. I'd like to see how Pegasus would be done.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#48re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 6:12pm

I saw a Disney on Ice Hercules when I was just a little kid and Pegasus was a piece of plastic that flew. It'd probably be done in the same cartoony style.

Kass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
#49re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 8:14pm

Are there absolutely no native american broadway people?

Videos