ANYTHING BUT WICKED

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#25re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:00pm

barnbaby- how come you don't like Thoroughly Modern Millie?

Favorite:
YAGMCB, Sunday in the Park with George, Porgy and Bess, RENT

Least:
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm *thinks hard*
Wonderful Town

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

The Gaper
#26re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:15pm

Fame was a good play it was the first one i'v seen i liked it

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#27re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:33pm

Favorite:
Rent
Jesus Christ Superstar
...Wicked

Least:
Evita
West Side Story

Liz_Bennet Profile Photo
Liz_Bennet
#28re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:53pm

Favorite: Sweeney Todd, West Side Story is a close second
Least Favorite: There are a lot of shows I simply dismiss as not my style (ALW, jukebox shows, etc.). Excluding that group, I dislike The King and I. It has aged very badly.

"WHEN is the winter of our discontent?" "NOW is the winter of our discontent!" Visit My Blog

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#29re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:55pm

Apparently, some people are offended. Awwwwwwww. re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED

This is my signature.
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 09:55 PM

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#30re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:56pm

fav. Sunday in the Park with George...and Parade too.

least fav. South Pacific...more recently DRS.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 09:56 PM

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#31re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:03pm

You have an awful lot of nerve to make this post on your first day....Wicked can be a favorite just as any other. It doesn't matter if it's overexposed.

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#32re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:07pm

Favorite: Guys n dolls, Ragtime,

Least: annie, god kill me before i see or do that show again!

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#33re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:07pm

Favorite: Guys n dolls, Ragtime,

Least: annie, god kill me before i see or do that show again!

jam_man
#34re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:08pm

Fav:
Sweeney Todd, Ragtime, Rent, The Music Man, and Les Miz - but only on recording; I've seen it live, but it wasn't near as good (though I was compairing it to the CSR).

Least:
Cats, last year's Muny version of Breakfast at Tiffiney's (2nd act got rained out, but I feel we should have gotten a refund if we saw the whole show), Jesus Christ Superstar, and Cats (yes, it's that bad).

And just to be a bi-atch, I'll put Wicked right in between the two - I thought it was pretty good (book was better than expected, but a couple songs aside, score is awful).

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#35re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:43am

Steph, thank you SO much for saying that! Sometimes I just get so upset with people when they say things like "NO WICKED!" or "What's your favorite musical...except for Wicked?". Jeez, give it a rest. Why does it always imply that if a show isn't Les Miserables (which bored me off my ass, by the way) it isn't theatre?

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#36EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:48am

Favorite: RENT, Cats, Songs for a new World

Least: TMM, Wonderful town

AMEN Step

Whats the big deal with people liking Wicked? Last time I checked you could post anything you wanted to.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#37EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:52am

Awwww Thanks kids!!! you rock :)

But honestly!? it's sold out every night! On Bway, on the Tour, and in Chicago..it must be doing something right...

YAY WICKED! I like other shows, but this is one is just fun!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

milton Profile Photo
milton
#38EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 3:10am

I'd like to share my two cents- I've been reading the boards for quite some time now and finally got around to registering a few days ago. I felt I'd also like to make my entrance in this post.

Anywho- If it wasn't for musicals like Wicked there wouldn't be a future generation for Broadway. Whether it's performers or just fans of Broadway, it's shows like Wicked (no matter how overexposed, talked about, etc...) that draw people in and inspire them to follow their dreams and star on Broadway or just get them interested in more shows in general. Plus, Wicked is raising he bar for shows to do things like the open ended run in Chicago. It's exposing a whole new demographic of people to Broadway.

You can't judge everyone who likes Wicked as some crazed Idina fangirl or whatever- even if they are- who cares? We all have our moments.

That's about all. I'll step off my soapbox now and let everyone carry on.
Updated On: 7/25/05 at 03:10 AM

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#39EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 8:49am

Really Love: in decending order
Phantom,
Lion King,
Wi**ed,
Sunset Blvd,
Cats.

were good so i saw a second time:
Les Mis,
Saigon,
Mamma Mia,
Aida,

would like to see a second time but cant cause they arent playing anymore

Little Shop
Joseph etc. etc.

were "ok"
Fiddler
Olliver
Blood Brothers

Never again:
Dracula
Chicago
Rent

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

DemonBarberofBroadway Profile Photo
DemonBarberofBroadway
#40EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 9:13am

My favorite would have to be Candide. It's so underrated. It was written simultaneously with WSS, with many of the same collaboration. L Bernstein's music is genius, and the plotline and comedic value to it just makes me extremely happy. It's so different from WSS, but when they both premired Candide was a total flop and WSS became extremely popular, as we all know. In addition it can be done so many ways, with operatic or broadway voices. It has no official set of songs; there were so many written for it. Every recording of it has a different mix. It's such a good show. I love it!

On a different note, my least favorite, eh? That's tough. I would say Cats but I've never actually seen it. (I'm such a hypocrite, I know). I'd say Phantom then. For other reasons already mentioned.

And in response to the Wicked commotion, I think that it's AudrasBoi's post and therefore it is up to them to decide what they want to include. I have nothing against Wicked, while I'm not the biggest fan of it I don't hate it with a burning passion either. But I think that it's rude to deliberately disrespect the original poster's directions.

"I was good at everything in high school...except gym" -William Finn Are you in the TFT cult?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#41EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 9:48am

Favorite: (Starting with the most favorite)
RENT
The Light in the Piazza
Wicked (Sorry, you asked)
Little Women
Little Shop of Horrors
Phantom
Man of La Mancha
West Side Story

Least favorite:
Cats
La Cage
Annie
seven Brides for Seven Brothers

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#42EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 10:15am

Favorites:

Purlie (Original)
The Wiz (3 times on B'way)
A Chorus Line
Caroline or Change
Sweeney Todd
Le Miz (Saw it twice)
Sweet Charity (Saw it in May. Seeing it again)
Urinetown (Saw it twice)
Into the Woods (Not the revival)
Dorian - The Musical (Saw it 3 times in Denver)

Least Favorites:

Cats
DRS
Copacabana
Fame
Stagedoor Charley or Busker Alley or Buskers (Or whatever that horrid Tommy Tune musical was named when it was in Denver!)

Just give the world Love.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#43EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 10:33am

I really don't get why we can't express our love for WICKED here. I mean don't be jealous that we chose a GOOD show to obsess over, not crap like the rest.

OUCH!
BTW I was jk but i really wanna kno why you people don't like it . .

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Derek
#44EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 11:34am

I mean it is a good show, and like someone said, all the companies are selling out every single night. i think its one of the only shows in history to sell out for almost 2 years straight. i think even if we arent a fan we should be happy simply that it is doing so much for broadway :)

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#45EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:16pm

DemonBarber---I wouldn't have said anything about the lack of Wicked by the nature of Adurasboi's first post BUUUT if you read his Saycon post like he mentions then something needs to be said. It was rude in my opinion and ignorant.

Milton---Said perfectly!!! amen.

BTW---In case you missed Audrasboi's very first post:
"Ok I have been reading these boards for the past few weeks off and on deciding to join and voice my opinion (which at times can be strong) or just sit by. As you can see I joined. I can see that apparently everyone has their own oppinions and someone with the RIGHT oppinon must raise their voice and be heard. First how old are you people? 12 13 14? I'm not picking but people please there are more shows on Broadway WICKED is not the only show on the boards. Go see something intelligent. I was blown away that there was a post about TLIP and people were talking about loving that as well as Caroline or Change (which was fantastic) but the endless discussions about whos the best Elphie and who went on last night please pick a new topic. And one final though I know I will get alot of flack from this ... but I don't care. I will always give credit where it is due and I have tried to sit through shoshonna or however u spell it on a few occasions PEOPLE SHE IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you clammer to see her. Can no one else not even tolerate her EEEEEEEEE 's they are repulsive. She does make some interesting choices but she is not the be all end all of Wicked, PS Props to my girl Saycon I was there when she got the black pants! not that any of you will know what that means."

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...
Updated On: 7/25/05 at 12:16 PM

ilovespamalot
#46EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:17pm

FAVORITE: The Producers or Spamalot
LEAST: 42nd Street

ashley0139
#47EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:20pm

No one's saying that if it isn't Les Miz it isn't theatre. The thing is, Les Miz is an amazing show. People put it because they really do love it. That's why it stayed for so long. People aren't just saying it to sound cultured. They *gasp* actually like it. In my opinion, it's my favorite musical of all time. And nothing will ever top it, I don't think.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#48EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:22pm

I don't understand why you want to know favorite/least favorite if you don't allow them to answer honestly by attempting to limit people's answers to what you do or do not want to hear. What's the point? I'd rather not give you my answers at all unless I know you want people's honest answers regardless of what they might be.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#49EVERYTHING IS WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:23pm

Favorite- company, into the woods

Least Favorite- Grease, All Shook Up, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Sound of Music, jukebox musicals in general

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Videos