pixeltracker

Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd- Page 2

Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 11:06am

I'll try to hunt for the interview(s). Doesn't like JCS. Likes Phantom. Thought the movie sucked.

Don't people always say Tony Vincent and Adam sound alike? Or... look alike?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#26re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 11:20am

yeah they are very much alike!! Funny if he doesnt like JCS. The role of Judas would have been perfect for his voice!! :)

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#27re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:34pm

Adam was brilliant as the Emcee in Cabaret. He definitely played against type. I got to meet him at an event and we chatted quite a bit about Cabaret. He said it was so different for him but he had the best time ever doing it.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#28re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:47pm

Tony Vincent was really gd as Judas. But his rendition of All I Ask Of You is SO camp and gay!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#29re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:55pm

He has too modern of a look and sound.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#30re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 2:25pm

Adam Pascal has better things to do with his career than wasting time in drek like SUNSET BLVD. Why would he even consider it since the star role is Norma?

Why would anyone even consider revivng it? It lost money in London, New York, Toronto, Vancouver and on tour. The word of mouth on this show even when it was new was far from favourable.

I believe a great musical could be made of Billy Wilder's film but ALW's sloppy opus is not it!

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#31re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:15pm

ummmmm WRONG!! It won best musical and several other awards that year. Wow, really sucks huh? Not only did it win but it wasnt the shows quality that it failed!! The problem was in the expense of the show, especially when it toured the first time. The overhead was too huge. The following tours when scaled down slightly was greatly received.

backalleybaby Profile Photo
backalleybaby
#32re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:45pm

I just can't imagine Adam opposite Glenn Close.

"GAIN!" "GAIN!" "GAIN!" "gain."

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#33re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:54pm

I love Adam and Sunset...but this thread has to be a joke.

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#34re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:56pm

I can understand why some people can see Adam in the role, however he seems to come across too rocky and edgy to play someone like Joe Gillis. I'm not saying he's a bad actor, however he does not have the technical skill required to convincingly transform himself away from his "genre" per say.

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

StageDoorMatty Profile Photo
StageDoorMatty
#35re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 5:01pm

I'd have to say that Adam Pascal is probably not a big enough Hollywood name to play a "star" role like Joe Gillis.

Ewan McGregor seems an odd choice, but he's a much bigger name than Pascal.

In the end, though--Pascal would simply be miscast as Joe Gillis. I don't think he'd be able to act it.

StageDoorMatty Profile Photo
StageDoorMatty
#36re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 5:05pm

I'd have to say that Adam Pascal is probably not a big enough Hollywood name to play a "star" role like Joe Gillis.

Ewan McGregor seems an odd choice, but he's a much bigger name than Pascal.

In the end, though--Pascal would simply be miscast as Joe Gillis. I don't think he'd be able to act it.

MargoChanning
#37re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 5:10pm

Let's remember that Sunset won its Tonys more or less by default. For the only time in the history of the Tony Awards, there were only two nominees for Best Musical -- Sunset and Smokey Joe's Cafe, so that it won against a plotless revue of 50s and 60s r&b/pop songs surprised no one. Sunset was also literally just handed the awards for book and score -- there were no other nominees in either category. So, Sunset winning its Tonys wasn't much of an accomplishment.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#38re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 6:53pm

i heard that he was moving to CA. i really wanna see him perform since i am in the area that he's performing in. but sadly, i have school. there's a video on youtube of adam in cabaret. its really funny/good. i was really surprised.
here's the video =]

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#39re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 7:00pm

OK - these are old arguments -
1 - its only competition for the Tony that year was Smokey Joe's Cafe
2 - it didn't make back all it's money.

Remember a couple things though:
- it opened with the largest advance ticket sale in Bway History - over $37.5 million
- some shows decided NOT to open that year betting that Sunset would win most of the awards (remember there was some show named Schlomo or something like that which was going to open and didn't because they couldn't raise the money that year)

I don't believe everyone has to love this show (like I do) but it's just intellectually lazy to call it a "failure" across the board...

Jim

tomwing Profile Photo
tomwing
#40re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 7:36pm

I agree that Sunset has one of the most sofisticated scores ever composed for a musical. One of the strongest finales in the history of theatre (and of cinema of course. As for Ewan Mac Gregor seems an odd choise to me as well. Not american enough and his voice is a little strange (although not bad). Adam Pascal on the other hand is not what we would call a household name as he is more of a broadway actor. After all isn't this the reason Glen took the lead instead of Patti (who was way better?)

Fan2
#41re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 7:38pm

Ewan was asked at the British premiere of "The Island" if he was doing Sunset Blvd. and he said no, he wasn't doing it.

stanton
#42re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 7:42pm

See I am only saying Adam Pascal IF ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER CAN NOT LAND HUGH JACKMAN! I think the part of Joe should goto Hugh but in case he can not do it I say Adam Pascal! Yes this maybe strange choice but it would work. I can see him being over his head in "Norma Land" I agree Patti Lupone would be Great but we all heard on how ALW treated the "First Lady of Broadway".

I wish I could sing.

stanton
#44re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 9:54pm

Then who would you cast! If Hugh Jackman cant do it!

I wish I could sing.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#45re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 10:02pm

Matt Damon.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#46re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 10:27pm

Well, this thread got fun.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

stanton
#47re: Adam Pascal in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/21/06 at 11:12pm

Matt Damon? Well he would better than Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks.

I wish I could sing.

Videos