pixeltracker

Best Quote from the Tonys- Page 2

Best Quote from the Tonys

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#25re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:35am

Munk, it made me happy because I am a mod on The Guilty Ones and a big Spring Awakening fan.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#26re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:36am

Wait...SPRING AWAKENING fans are referred to as "The Guilty Ones?"

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#27re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:40am

Yes or simply Guilty Ones.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#28re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:43am

theguiltyones.org is a SPRING AWAKENING message board.

"Truly, truly, truly: heaven must feel like this." - John Gallagher Jr.

BwayBoy25
#29re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:43am

The speeches tonight really were amazing but DHP's comment about Groff really stuck out with me-it was great.

And I could not agree more about Patti LuPone's pronunciation of "bobby!"

hear the beat...

donna_darko_23
#30re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:53am

Loved Julie White's speech and general reaction as she walked up.

I feel like Eddie Izzard said something funny, but I can't remember what. Clearly, not very quote worthy then.

C is for Company
#31re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 1:54am

Gotta echo the White and Wilson sentiments. Hilarious and adorable, couldn't be happier that those two ladies won.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#32re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:19am

“Now let’s have no more nonsense about the state of the American theater.” - Jack O'Brian

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#33re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:27am

donna_darko_23, eddie izzard said something along the lines of "and this category is decided through a knife fight on 51st". something like that which is the one quote out of his segment that stuck with me and made me laugh.

mary louise wilson's "WOOO!" is my absolute favorite from the night. i love her!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#34re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 4:07am

Harvey Fierstein's quote that was already posted. I laughed for a good five minutes. That was the moment where middle America all shut off their TVs.

Julie White was hysterical. I was so happy in general that she won. At least the Tony's got THAT category right.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

thesinger
#35re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:33am

Bernadette and Harvey's speech was great. As was Mary Louise Wilson's. I also loved the Jonathan Groff comment

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#36re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:36am

"I don't remember eating corn!"

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#37re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:38am

Steven Sater not only needs to get a face lift and learn to write lyrics, he needs to learn from the master- Mary Louise Wilson. Brilliant speech.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#38re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:49pm

Frank Langella's speech was touching, I thought.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#39re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:53pm

I loved Langella's speech too. It was most moving and gracious.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#40re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:10pm

Mary Louise Wilson...hands down.

Frank Langella's speech was lovely...it really liked it.

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#41re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:49pm

Got to join in the Mary Louise crowd

Her..."WHOOOOOOOO" was just so random, and totally unexpected, and I just loved it!

And when Julie White called the Tony voters a bunch of wacko kids :)

And when Billy Crudup said he'd mention some people's last names if he could remember them...or something like that. It was kinda funny.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#42re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:49pm

I loved Mary Louise Wilson's speech but I have to pick my favorite quote and it's not the "Woo!"

"I always thought that if I got one of these, I'd feel like there was a mistake made or something, but you know....I don't."

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#43re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:00pm

Mary Louise Wilson wins. "everyone was so articulate...WHOOOOOOO!!"

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#44re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:17pm

*** To offer some insight to Idina and Taye's reaction to Fantasia:

I noticed that the camera went to their reaction as she finished, flashed to her leaving the stage, and then went back to their continued reaction. They clearly looked impressed and awe-struck at the first shot, but then it looked like they were confused and somewhat baffled when the camera went to them the second time. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the odd expressions on their faces were not because they were displeased with her performance (clearly the opposite), but because they were wondering why she swept off the stage immediately after the final note of the song, not acknowledging the audience and taking a bow in acceptance of the ovation.

I remember someone commenting in the Tonys rehearsal thread that she did not acknowledge the audience then and they thought that was odd. I noted that that was strange and when it happened at the actual awards, I thought, "Wow, she really isn't going to pause, take a moment with the audience, and take a bow." Seeing Idina and Taye's reaction, I got the impression that they were thinking along the same lines, "How are you gonna just walk away after that?" Anyway, for whatever it's worth, that's my two cents on the subject.

To actually comment on the subject of the thread, lol, I thought the best quotes were extended ones: Julie White's hilarious and wonderful acceptance speech, David Hyde Pierce's honest, heartfelt, awe-struck one, and Frank Langella's eloquent, thoughtful, and sincere one.

I also really loved when Christopher Plummer took a moment to mention the loss of Mr. Sardi when he came out to present.

DEFYxGRAViTY721 Profile Photo
DEFYxGRAViTY721
#45re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:22pm

I loved David Hyde Pierce's ENTIRE speech. With all of his commentary about the talents of the other nominees, and his thought of what they might say: "David Hyde Pierce, we're going to have to ask you to leave." I thought he was a riot and so gracious.

Broadway Baby4 Profile Photo
Broadway Baby4
#46re: Best Quote from the Tonys
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:27pm

"I always thought that if I got one of these, I'd feel like there was a mistake made or something, but you know....I don't."
That cracked me up!

Videos