pixeltracker

Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?- Page 2

Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#25re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 6:00pm

Some people can't afford to pay 110 bucks to see a show, like me. Discount, thanks.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#26re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 6:03pm

"I don't look for discounts, because I want to make sure I get a good seat."

Doesn't make sense, because you can get great seats (like first few rows of center orchestra) with the discount.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 6:13pm

This argument is silly. No one will have to pay full price to see [title of show.] There's going to be discounts out the wazoo.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 7:26pm

If discounts are available when I purchase my tix...and I can get a decently located seat, I will certainly use it.

BUT...I have no problem paying full price if need be. (And since I plan on getting them the day they go on sale, I probably WILL!)

It isn't OUR responsibility to make ANY show a financial success. WE don't have a responsibility to it for any reason. Frankly, folks that are already a fan of the show, do more GOOD for a show by talking about it than buying an individual ticket: no matter HOW it is priced. Word of mouth is quite powerful. They are going to sell a certain number of discounted tickets (like most shows)does it truly matter WHO buys them?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#29re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 8:09pm

I think that what the original poster is saying is this.

That there are many of you expressing your love for Title Of Show and the fact that it is coming to Broadway. But, if tickets are sold only on discount/student rush etc alone, then there isn't going to be enough of a profit. And that regular full price tickets have to be thrown into the mix too in order for a show to stay opened.

That being said, I think that what he is asking is this. Do all of you who are rejoicing over the fact that this show is going to Broadway. Feel enough need to support this show in its Broadway run, that you would pay full price to keep it open as long as it can?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 9:28pm

Very rarely.

Poster Emeritus

husk_charmer
#31re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 9:39pm

Yes. The *only* way I will use a discount is if I can only get an aisle seat with one.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Ed_Mottershead
#32re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 9:45pm

I wasn't overhwhelmed by the recording. Ergo, if something really tempting comes along on a discount, I'll take advantage of it. If not, I'll wait till the critics have a go at it. If it shows signs of being the greatest musical of all time and no discounts are available, I'll go full price. I may be wearing the same clothes I was three years ago, but, at my time in life, it's do what's most important and, for me, the New York theatre is the priority.

BroadwayEd

Acting is My LIFE
#33re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 10:03pm

I will be calling tele-chrage April 21st @ 8am and purchase a FULL PRICED TICKET for the 1st night of previews.

I have no problem paying full price for (TOS). Its worth every cent in my opinion.

There's your answer!

See ya on July 5th at the Lyceum Theatre Tossers!!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#34re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 10:47pm

I have never paid top-dollar for a show. The most I've ever paid was $72 and I regretted spending that much. It is not my job as a theatre-goer to pay more than I can afford to "support" a show.

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#35re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 10:55pm

Yes, I would. And that's saying a lot, since I'm a very broke student who NEVER pays full price.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#36re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 11:06pm

I'd pay full price. I plan on buying a full price ticket to the first preview on April 21st.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#37re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 11:21pm

If I could, I would. However, I cannot afford that (save for maybe a balcony seat), so I'll probably use a discount.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Trish2
#38re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 11:35pm

NO i would not. It was a fine, clever cabaret act, that worked best in the setting it was in. Plus, with all the free quips on YOUTUBE, it makes no sense to pay for more of the same. It's limited in it's scope.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#39re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/4/08 at 11:39pm

Honestly, it depends on seat availablity and my line-up of shows since I'm an out-of-towner.

Are they planning on NOT releasing discounts?

Even In the Heights released a discount eventually, and I don't think that this show has as much financial backing. ITH was clearly expected to be a success as signaled by the three merchandise booths when you walked into the theatre.

Honestly, I think a show does MUCH better if they release a few discounts/student rush to begin with. That's how I obtained my first seats to many shows -- shows that I returned to and talked about online and to friends and family.

TOS isn't well known by anyone who isn't a die-hard theatre fan or a resident of NY --- so I don't think discounts will be a problem.

It's ok to be excited about a show regardless of the ticket price you are willing to pay.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#40re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 12:09am

um....Hell Yes

Maurice Profile Photo
Maurice
#41re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 12:12am

Well... Considering that the first preview falls on my birthday and the fact that I will be in NYC then... YES!!! I would pay full price for [title of show]. I just hope that the first preview is a matinee that day since the 5th is a Saturday. I am planning on seeing GYPSY that night. If not, I will be celebrating my birthday with [tos] on Sunday the 6th at full price.

"I'm a whirling mass of contradictions." - Douglas Carter Beane, The Little Dog Laughed

Equus (11/8), Billy Elliot (11/8)

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#42re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 12:43am

I would whore myself out in order to get enough money.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#43re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:14am

So wait if you don't pay full price for a show it means it's not high quality or that you don't truly support it?
God, that I'm an awful Broadway fan. 'Cept for LOVEMUSIK and GREY GARDENS, only shows I paid full price for only because I was too naive about Broadway to know that I could get rush tickets for both shows.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Invito Al Cielo Profile Photo
Invito Al Cielo
#44re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 8:43am

Yes. And it will be the first time that I've paid full price for a show. Tickets are expensive. But [tos] is worth is.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#45re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 9:41am

Keep in mind, I never said that I agree with the original poster. I was simply trying to make more clear what it was they said.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#46re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 1:25pm

This is the most asinine argument I think I've ever witnessed. Ever.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

chrysler99 Profile Photo
chrysler99
#47re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 6:44pm

I would not pay full price for [tos] on broadway. having seen it off bway (at a discount), not sure if I'd see it again. if I did, it would only be with a discount (and I can and do pay full price for decent seats at good shows).

TheEnchantedHunter
#48re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/5/08 at 8:04pm

I don't think so.

Lola Delaney
In A Midwestern City

Updated On: 4/29/08 at 08:04 PM

titleofusername Profile Photo
titleofusername
#49re: Would you pay full price for [tos] on Broadway?
Posted: 4/6/08 at 1:44am

I think this is a ridiculous question. Who can honestly say that if they were offered cheap tickets in a prime location that they would deny them? I'm not here to fight though, so I will answer your question.

If they jacked their price up to a million dollars per ticket, I would sell my HOUSE to be there. I absolutely adore this show.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Passing Strange (7.17.08), [title of show] (7.18.08), [title of show (7.19.08 M), [title of show] (7.19.08 E), The 39 Steps (7.20.08 M), Damn Yankees (7.20.08 E)

Videos