pixeltracker

Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.- Page 2

Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#25re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:28am

Gratuitous photo post:

re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.

pulled from the link upthread, just because these pics have made me really excited for this show!!
PHOTO CALL: 5,6,7,8! Cast Rehearses for A Chorus Line National Tour

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#26re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 4/19/08 at 11:54am

Fun little profile piece on Derek Hanson (Don), who apparently worked his way thru school as a smoke jumper. Touches a bit on ACL auditions and rehearsal...
A Chorus Line- Denver to host Broadway tour in May

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#27re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 4/19/08 at 11:56am

The guy playing Mark is FIERCE.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#28re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:00pm

aw i love Michael Gruber! i'm so seeing this when it comes to Boston!

Bobbie_Z
#29re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 11:51am

When I was in NYC in March auditioning for the Spelling Bee tour, Nikki was down the hall auditioning for Chorus Line. She ran down the hall to take a water break and said hi to all of us, I think I was the only one who recognized her. She sounds a lot better singing "music and the mirror" than Charlotte

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 12:09pm

I'm still amazed that there's no website for the tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 12:57pm

I just looked and they are doing a VIP evening this Sunday and the show previews Tues through Thurs. Opening night is Friday the 9th. Local reviews probably won't come out until Sunday the 11th.

Just give the world Love.

Fosse76
#32re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 1:38pm

"She sounds a lot better singing "music and the mirror" than Charlotte"

Harvey Fierstein would sound better singing Music and the Mirror than Charlotte! :o)

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#33re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 1:41pm

Is there no end to your bitchery?

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#34re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/2/08 at 3:06pm

Like you should be talking about bitchery PJ.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#35re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:57pm

They finally have a website! It includes most of the tour dates(missing are recently added stops in Boston & Minneapolis), cast list & pictures.

http://www.achorusline.com/tour_cities.php

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#36re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:02pm

Thanks for the website info. I'm really anxious to hear how the tour is going so far! Anyone out there in Denver seen it?

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#37re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:03pm

Nice! I want to go see the tour when it's in Boston.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#39re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 5/9/08 at 6:21pm

^^ wow. she looks swell!

J*

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:58pm

from what I've heard, the tour is selling very well.

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#42re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:09pm

I'm really excited... I'll be seeing the tour on the 21st with my mom and two sisters in CA. Can't wait to see and hear Nikki!!!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#43re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:16pm

Nice to see DC has been added.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

dg22894
#44re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/22/09 at 7:00pm

So sad she left. My friends saw it in Detroit and shw had been replaced so had Gruber and Flecher

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#45re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/22/09 at 10:55pm

I missed Nikki by 2 days! She left ACL early in the Toronto run. Actually, a few were changed in Toronto. It was the first cast changes of the tour.

A friend saw Nikki on a trip to San Fran, and she said she was awesome.

Her replacement Robyn Hurder is too young *I think" to play Cassie. I mean, her last credit was playing 'Marty' in the revival of Grease in NY.

Robyn dance "Music/Mirror" fine, although it was a saturday mat performance on her 5th show. She was tired half way through the number.

I saw Charlotte back in 2007, and she was fantasic. Only thing that can beat all three...in fact everyone and anyone who will play the role:

Donna McKechnie

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#46re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/22/09 at 10:58pm

I must say, I am really glad I got to see Nikki in this while she was in San Fran... SO TALENTED! Honestly, I hope this isn't the last we have heard of her. She was a true gem in it
SO much better than D'Amboisse

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#47re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/22/09 at 11:06pm

Has anyone else seen the "trend" of casting D'Amboisse in the first major revivals of McKechnie's two best danced/best known roles (Company/ACL)?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#48re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/23/09 at 2:31pm

I think it's a pretty cool piece of triva for Charlotte D'Amboise to inherit those roles. What about her inheriting Gwen Verdon's roles in Chicago, Sweet Charity, and Damn Yankees? She's obviously perceived as this generation's greatest leading female dancer, and I don't see anything wrong with it

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

husk_charmer
#49re: Nikki Snelson to star as Cassie in A CHORUS LINE touring company.
Posted: 1/23/09 at 4:57pm

^ Donna McKechnie was also picked to be Charity in the final production of it directed by Fosse.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Videos